Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

[necro]Ethics: Your choice

Thread Locked

Posted Apr 26, '09 at 6:44am

czecha

czecha

148 posts

First question: In real life I wouldn't vote any of them if i hadn't got more information. If i had to, though, I would of course vote for Candidate C. I don't think that you definitely have to have visions if you were a soldier in a war. I'd rater trust him than alcoholicans or drug addicted people.

Second question: I am totally for the abortion mainly because of the syphilis but if she hadn't got this disease, I wouldn't be that sure really. In the case she hadn't syphilis, I would probably recommend her to do basically any test that can explain why 6 of 8 of her kids are handicapped (the father(s) of her childs would have to that test, too.)

Posted Apr 26, '09 at 11:47am

BigP08

BigP08

1,431 posts

First question: I usually vote alongside issues, not people, but if there is a small margin between their differences, I'd go with C because he/she is most likely to fulfill the job requirements correctly.

Second question: Well, first I would wonder why she keeps ending up pregnant. I'd be EXTREMELY careful if I had eight children, some with problems. But since she is my friend, then I would be first in line to take care of the child (I'm pro-life in case you didn't guess). I couldn't ask her to carry to burden of taking care of a ninth child if she didn't want to, but I also think eveyrone deserves a chance to live, regardless of their problems.

Posted Apr 26, '09 at 4:21pm

HiddenDistance

HiddenDistance

1,326 posts

*cough*  Excuse my ***-hatness =P

First Question:

Well... I'll be ****ed if I can figure out who Candidate 'A' is, but 'B' sounds like Churchhill & 'C' sounds like Hitler =P

Second question - I'd feel out of place recommending abortion to anyone.  I don't object to a woman's right to choose, but I would never steer or manipulate a woman in that direction.  If it winds up being a bad decision, she'll blame it on me.  If she came to that idea of her own volition & asked me if she should go ahead with it, I might say that she came up with the idea because she's clearly considering it, and that maybe she should go with her gut.

Posted Apr 26, '09 at 4:29pm

BigP08

BigP08

1,431 posts

Well... I'll be ****ed if I can figure out who Candidate 'A' is, but 'B' sounds like Churchhill & 'C' sounds like Hitler =P

Wow, I'm an idiot! I can't believe I didn't see that. Like I said before, might depend on a variety of issues, as well as their plans forward with America. Oops, I elected Hitler. :(

Posted Apr 26, '09 at 5:01pm

Pixie214

Pixie214

4,803 posts

eeerrr... just given that info I would vote for candidate C as he sounds like the best choice, no drugs, faithful to spouse etc.

I think I would suggest an abortion because the chances are the child wouldn;t live a fulfilling life even if ot wasn't retarded or diabled in some way.

Posted Apr 26, '09 at 9:30pm

DDX

DDX

3,470 posts

Well since hidden distance spilled the sack-o-poop...

A) was FDR (Franklin D Roosevelt)
B) was Winston Churchill
C) Adolf Hitler.

Yup... that is why people voted for Hitler as a dictator in the first place, he sounded good. But you really can't judge a person's ethics based on credentials (don't judge a book by its cover? lulz)

congrats to Hidden Distance for the guud call.
and

Most likely i'd go with candidate C, but since life has a nasty way of biting you in the *** when you least expect it therefore turning C into the worst candidate, so i'd also have A as a back-up.

to Kyouzou for thinking there was a twist.

New one coming on tuesday

Posted Apr 27, '09 at 10:25am

czecha

czecha

148 posts

Very interesting. Of course C is the last person I'd give my vote if I knew how he will rule the world. However, if I had to make a decision tomorrow (with the exact same scenario we got at the beginning without the names, knowing of Hitler who is of course already dead) I would vote for C again. I wouldn't really care if C has some similaritys with Hitler because that doesn't mean anything. He still seems to be the best choice. If I'd live back in 1933 though, and Hitler wasn't dead and I knew how he will rule, I would of course not vote for him.

Posted Apr 27, '09 at 6:16pm

HiddenDistance

HiddenDistance

1,326 posts

Vote for a vegetarian?

That's crazy.  I'd never vote for someone who didn't drink scotch & eat beef =P

Posted Apr 27, '09 at 7:16pm

thisisnotanalt

thisisnotanalt

8,475 posts

Minus the antisemitism (and mustache) I'd go with Hitler.  Nationalistic, strong, good strategist, job creator.

Posted Apr 27, '09 at 10:01pm

DDX

DDX

3,470 posts

Trickay huh,

If I'd live back in 1933 though, and Hitler wasn't dead and I knew how he will rule, I would of course not vote for him.

of course you would, because during that time of economic turmoil from the result of the first world war, you'd have no where to go. If a man like Hitler came in that time period people would have definitely voted for him, plus he wasn't openly antisemitic.

anyway new question tomorrow, keep a look out.