ForumsArt, Music, and WritingShort Story Contest (Scary Stories pg. 6)

119 26091
tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

I saw that Thoads kind of died so I want to make a new one because I like reading them. So I will need 3 judges to judge all of the entries.

Rules: The story must be between 150-300 words. If it is more than that it is disqualified. Also if there is any flaming or spamming I will YELL!!!

So we need 3 judges to judge it.

1st round starts on May 8th (my brothers birthday) And the theme will be Exciting Adventures.

P.S. Dont let this thread die.

• 119 Replies
Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

What are the requirements for judging?

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

1st; The word caps are awful. At least 500-2000 words.
2nd. Themes are limiting.
3rd. People should be able to start submitting entries now.
4th. Adding an adjective into the theme makes it an opinion mater as to whether it qualifies or not, which muddles the judging.
5th. Also, one judge would be the best because three would have very differing opinions.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Yes but 3 judges can see between they're differences, makes a better opinion in one.

500-2000 words is a short story? I doubt it but ok.
And he created the Thread, he can start it when he feels like starting it. o.O

tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

Wow okay then just do what Alt said. One judge, and you can start your stories now?

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,269 posts
Jester

The Bullet Hill

The ringing of gunfire echoed throughout the battlefield, men fell in their own pools of blood. The thumping of lead hitting the crude pillar a group of dirty, sweaty, tired men used as cover. The constant pounding, and the constant bullet whizzing over-head kept the men tense and on their toes. They could do nothing else except feel the strain of cement breaking off every second, feeling the pillar weaken with every bone crushing bullet.

One of the men braved himself and took a leap of faith, getting out of cover he took a quick look in the direction of the bullets. Just as he was about to sit down, he felt his head go numb and the pain set in. His eyes blanked out for a second, then he regained. He was in extraordinary pain now, feeling a liquid dripping down, the last sight he would ever see. The man died then and there, in his own pool of blood.

This caused an up-roar and bullets were now exchanged from behind the pillar & the hill of death. Men continued to fall, every minuet or so a man would scream in pain and fall to the ground with a thunderous thump. The hot shells of their bullets continued to spill, smoke oozing from their weapons. The stench of death was in the air, and the salty smell of blood was close behind.

After a few more hard and life threatening hours, the battlefield became silent, no more was the sound of bullets firing, no more the sound of bodies hitting the pavement. No more, was the death & destruction that had come upon this field. Yet the hill still remained, and the men on the hill lay lifelessâ¦â¦.

Sorry if it passed the limit, but the limit is too small!

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Is it okay if i offer constructive criticism if you want any? I'm generally pretty thorough in CCs.

tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

Alt why don't you be the judge?

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

500-2000 words is a short story? I doubt it but ok.

If it's less than 75 pages, it's a short story.
----------
And he created the Thread, he can start it when he feels like starting it. o.O

I take it you don't write stuff very much.
----------
Yes but 3 judges can see between they're differences, makes a better opinion in one.

More than 2 judges = chance of unfair compromise. A single judge would be more thorough and fair overall.
----------
Alt why don't you be the judge?

Okay then, if you want me to.
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,269 posts
Jester

Sure you can offer criticism....I know I need all the help I can get.

tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

Yes that just means that you cannot be in the competition.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I take it you don't write stuff very much.

Nah I'm a bit too lazy to waste my time lol.
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,269 posts
Jester

Waste of time!?

Son, writing is one of the greatest skills you could recive. You will need it for the rest of your lifetime, and it can open doors to places you never knew you had within you.

[/Parentle rant]

tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

Wow Gangsta that was deep. lol.

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,269 posts
Jester

Wow Gangsta that was deep. lol.

Haha, thank you.

What about my story? Anyone?
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Nah I'm a bit too lazy to waste my time lol.[/quote

Tch.
------------
[quote]What about my story? Anyone?

I'll look at it in a sec.
--------
Yes that just means that you cannot be in the competition

I'll enter thoad's then.
--------
Sure you can offer criticism....I know I need all the help I can get.

Most of the hiccups in your story are grammatical. This makes it a bit harder to read in places. Also, the story can have a lot of adverbs in places, which kind of obstructs the flow of the piecce some. That's really all for now, though. More CC at the judging, if anyone enters.
Showing 1-15 of 119