ForumsArt, Music, and WritingShort Story Contest (Scary Stories pg. 6)

119 26117
tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

I saw that Thoads kind of died so I want to make a new one because I like reading them. So I will need 3 judges to judge all of the entries.

Rules: The story must be between 150-300 words. If it is more than that it is disqualified. Also if there is any flaming or spamming I will YELL!!!

So we need 3 judges to judge it.

1st round starts on May 8th (my brothers birthday) And the theme will be Exciting Adventures.

P.S. Dont let this thread die.

• 119 Replies
tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

I think it is best to ask them directly it is abit of a long shot that they will look in here and see your post.

Yea that is true. I will go do it now.
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Ok this is mine then... not overly scary just a bit freaky (much more my style).... (not that I have a style)

It is 1356 and the Black Death has been spreading like wild fire throughout the known world. Thousands have died and few who have contracted the disease have lived to tell the tale. In the city of York the dead are piling up on the streets rotting and furthering the spread of this plague. Ifected houses have a red cross painted on the door to warn survivors to keep clear.
A family, two parents and a young daughter sit round the table happily eating their stew. The father is a butcher in the shambles; a dark narrow street, blood from the slaughtered animals staining the cobbled streets crimson. They have said grace thankful God has spared them.
After their meal the young girl is sent to bed. She has seen the bodies on the streets and her mother talks to her, helps her get changed into her nightdress and tells her a story. As the mother slips the dress over her daughters head she notices dark patches under her daughters arms. Once the daughter is asleep she leaved the room and takes to her husband. The girl is infected, their is no hope for here. They decide to leave, they lock up all the doors and windows and paint a red cross onto the door.
The next day neighbours here the young girl crying. They see here gaunt face pressed up against the window of her bedroom. Two men run to the door but turn back after seeing the cross. For five days and five nights the girl sat at the window crying and calling for her mother and father to return. But they don't. They never come back to see their little girl. No one enters the house to help her. Her little face presses up against the window becoming paler and thinner as the disease takes its course. Slowly she withers away to nothing. Her skull pressed up against the window turns to dust.
To this day you can hear the faint moans and screams of a girl abandoned by her parents to die slowly locked in her room.

tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

Wow Pixie that was great! Is is a true story?

Please make more stories. You are a great writer.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

thanks it is sort of true I don;t believe in ghosts but it could have hapened. It is the small window in the top right. York is officialy the most haunted city in the world with 504 ghosts and holds the record for the "oldest" ghost of some roman legionnaires.

jalex13
jalex13
293 posts
Nomad

hey ive heard that story before. are u sure YOU wrote it?

jalex13
jalex13
293 posts
Nomad

oh wait nvm lol, i rememberd i heard that in another thread, (i have a photographic memory sorta lol) but then i realized it was u who posted it. heres the link

tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

The link was broken jalex. Just letting you know.

jalex13
jalex13
293 posts
Nomad

poop. oops im too lazy to fix it but ill fix it later possibly.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

oh wait nvm lol, i rememberd i heard that in another thread, (i have a photographic memory sorta lol) but then i realized it was u who posted it

rotfl tennisman said it was ok to use it but good to be vigilant al the same
Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

This is a great story. The first-person PoV is done quite well, and the poem at the end adds some spice to the flow of the piece. The plot is short and effective. And with congratulations, I award this piece FIRST PLACE! Congrats Pois0nArr0w.

Thanks! I was actualy thinking about expanding this story to explain all the things that led up to the main character waking up in the hospital, or what happened to the human population. Mabye tell what happened during the month that the character was traveling, or where he even was in the first place. Anyway, thanks again for giving me first place!
phsycomonkey
phsycomonkey
789 posts
Nomad

ok... I'm gonna join this one, plz if it sux XD don't make fun of it

phsycomonkey
phsycomonkey
789 posts
Nomad

plz don't make fun of it, I have never really cared for horror stuff, so I know it sucks

The wind was howling and a storm was approaching. It wass evening, and the light was fading, fast. I was on my way home from a friends, and I was trying to get home as fast as possible. It was about two miles from his house, so I figure I could get there in about twelve minuets if I tried hard enough, but the only question is was it enough time to still see were I was going? It wasn't. It soon became dark unreasonably fast. I felt sprinkles of rain pecking on my face. I tripped over a root and plummeted into the mud face first. I knocked my heads and went out cold. I woke up, soakintg wet, not knowing the time or where I was. I was lost. I was utterly confused where I had come, where was home. I turned around, in hope of some sign of where I was. The lighting flashed and in that split second a figure appeared. I screamed in petrifyied horror. I didn't care where I was going, but I ran. Another flash. The figure flashed in front of me holding a large machete. I fell over in horror and screamed again. I was crying now not knowing what to do. I saw the figure its red eyes and white shillohet coming closer with every flash of lightning. I panicked I yelled at it, "Please leave me alone! I didn't do anything to you!"
It tossed aside the plee and continued closer. I grabbed a brach and threatened it, "Go away! I'll kill you if you come any closer. I had scratched up my face without knowing, I was a bloddy mess. Soon the white shillouet was near, it it stayed there, not dissapearing in between flashes.I swung at it. In a speedy blur it jumped forward and caught my poor exscuse for a wepon. It swung its machete and I saw the brach fall. Along with it all my fingers. I shreiked in agony and pain as blood engulfed my arm. I fell over leaning onto a tree. My hand was in my jacket, making the white cotton turn blood red. The specter Grabbed me by the throat and pinned my up against the tree a foot off the ground. It leaned close to me and smiled. Its blood shot eyes its foul breath. On its white teeth I saw blood stains. I was all the more terrifiedas it liked its teeth clean, as blood trickled from its tounge. I was purple from being strangled, and the white shillouet didn't care, it threw bck its machete and stbbed me several times. Soon all was black, although I no not if it was fro loss of blood or lack of breath. I woke up and almost shouted in joy as I felt my soft pillow. I stiffened as I heard a hissing deep voice. I looked up and there in my door, was a white shilouet, "Welcome baaaaccckkk!"

phsycomonkey
phsycomonkey
789 posts
Nomad

Oh ignore typo's I didn't use word.

Sssssnnaakke
Sssssnnaakke
1,036 posts
Scribe

Death was coming nearer to a girl who was coming to a prom. Her mother warned her that he would be there. SHe didn't listen. When she went she noticed very few girls came strangly even her friends weren't there but she sat down and chatted with the girls that were still left. Then th boys came and started dancing. This girl's name is Alice. She died telling this story to cops. Yet it lives on.

Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

@Snake: Are you going to add anything to your story?

Showing 61-75 of 119