ForumsWEPRThe Atomic Bomb

122 27671
orion732
orion732
617 posts
Nomad

I know there's definitely another post like this somewhere. I swear I searched for it, but once I got to page 25 of discussions and couldn't find it, I decided to make a new one.

The title says it all. What do you think about the dropping of nuclear weapons on Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

• 122 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

They killed a couple hundred of us unprovoked....... and did the same thing at the same time to four other places....... for the sake of their own domminance and greed....... they deserved it.

I guess those who died weren't those who really deserved to die.
deathopper
deathopper
1,567 posts
Nomad

Well yes. But look at it this way. If it wasn't for the Atomic bomb Japan wouldn't be the great nation it is today. So in the long run the A-bomb helped Japan grow and prosper into a great nation.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

Let's say that right after 9/11, we went straight to war.
Let's say Alqueda was allied with the pirates of Sommalia.
Let's say Libya was on their side aswell.
Let's say this was a much bigger war.
Let's say Alqueda was doing mass suicide bombings taking out entire platoons at a time.
Let's say they would never give up.
That is why we nuked Japan.

qwerty1011
qwerty1011
554 posts
Peasant

Japanese people didn't attack pearl harbour, Japanese generals did. To retaliate for what Japanese generals did we attack Japanese people. Am I the only one who sees a flaw in this logic.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Japanese people didn't attack pearl harbour, Japanese generals did. To retaliate for what Japanese generals did we attack Japanese people. Am I the only one who sees a flaw in this logic.

Civilians become targets in war. It was unavoidable in war then and still is now.
qwerty1011
qwerty1011
554 posts
Peasant

Civilians become targets in war. It was unavoidable in war then and still is now.

So 2 idiots get some power, they start squabbling, they massacre the people who the other one has power over and they use that excuse to justify murdering innocent people.
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

So 2 idiots get some power, they start squabbling, they massacre the people who the other one has power over and they use that excuse to justify murdering innocent people.

Yes. You think any wars have logic behind them?
tegan190
tegan190
783 posts
Nomad

Does anyone know how much it costs to create a nuclear bomb?

tegan190
tegan190
783 posts
Nomad

Why can't the government just stop from creating another nuclear bomb, take the money that was going to be used on creating the missle, and distribute it to schools around the country.

arkaninerenegade
arkaninerenegade
785 posts
Nomad

Why can't the government just stop from creating another nuclear bomb, take the money that was going to be used on creating the missle, and distribute it to schools around the country.

The schools would then teach how to effectively make nukes and how to use them.
tegan190
tegan190
783 posts
Nomad

The schools would then teach how to effectively make nukes and how to use them.

Why would the government tell the schools that? I think they would just grant the schools money.
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

How are we killing Afgani civillians?

I don't feel like pointing out the obvious. Just look it up yourself.
Sassin
Sassin
170 posts
Nomad

Tegan190 i the US has been decreasing its nuclear arsenal since the 1980's so i have im pretty sure were not making more nukes and even if they had some money left over from not making nukes they would simply use it to buy more tanks or fighters or something.

Sassin
Sassin
170 posts
Nomad

sorry about the grammar i changed what i was thinking a couple of times.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

We don't make nukes anymore. They have a 4.5 billion year halflife. They aren't going to go bad for a while.

Showing 106-120 of 122