ForumsArt, Music, and WritingShort Story Contest: Fear (Page 35)

359 92521
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

The green light has been given! After weeks of preparation, the Contest can be launched!

This has been brewing in many users' mind for awhile. Enter the Official Writing Contest!

General Rules

1)Submissions for the context must specify the word count implemented.
2)It must adhere to the period's theme as the main idea, or at least have some connection.
3)It must be submitted by the deadline. (The deadline will be according to AG time so that people will not be confused by the timeframe/exploit difference in time zones.)
4)A winner cannot win twice in a row, though he or she can submit an entry the next week.
5)Winners get a merit.

What not to include

1)No excessive inappropriate language, such as vulgarities, swearing. This includes slandering anyone in the AG community.
2)No slandering of race, religion, culture, language of people.
3)No sexual references or innuendoes, though romantic scenes such as kissing can be included.

Actions that lead to disqualification

1)No plagiarism. If it has been discovered that the story has been copied, e.g. the plot has been copied, the user will be disqualified with immediate action. However, elements of inspiration can be allowed.
2)Only one submission is allowed for each user. So please do not create multiple accounts for multiple entries. If it has been discovered that a user has submitted many entries due to this method, he or she will be disqualified.
3)If someone's username is used as a character's name or mentioned in the story, ask for permission first. Failure to do so may lead to disqualification.

Judge: Me, though I will appoint someone else if I want to take part.

Current Theme: Fire. Fiery start eh?

Deadline: 31st May (Two weeks)

Without further ado, let it begin!

*Note: Everything is subjected to change!

• 359 Replies
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

So, your gonna count mine? Its sheeer awesomeness (-_-) must have clouded your judgement, and induced life-threatning ailments. Had any explosive sneezing yet? Addictions to for-legged tree rats? Hmmm?

Hydraulic
Hydraulic
223 posts
Nomad

Lol, feels like the judging position of this thread is cursed. Hmmmmmm.

SomeKidSoDealWithIt
SomeKidSoDealWithIt
118 posts
Nomad

The bear and Carl lived together in the cave for several years until, one day, the true savagery of Nature being unleashed, Carl killed and ate him.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Sorry the judging was so delayed.

3rd Place

Ernie & Floyd (tied)

I thought both of you had interesting stories, good characters, etc. Ernie, I think that you overused semicolons a bit, and the first para didn't flow incredibly well. But the rest of the story was great.

Floyd, the banter between your characters was purely epic. Loved it. The first para wasn't anything special though, an didn't really match up with the rest of the piece.

2nd Place . . . Mav

I loved the inclusion of the lyrics - it worked well, set the moods for the piece, etc. It was original, it was cool. It wasn't quite in the realm of greatness, but it was close. So close . . . .

AND THE WINNER IS . . . .

*opens manila envelope, reads name*

SENSE!!

I thought that while the 'boom-booms' got a bit repetitive, the rest of the story was fantastic. It was the only one that really ascended into the realm of greatness, and for that it get the gold.

So congrats to Sense, Ernie, mav, and floyd - and extra merit-flavored congrats to sense!

Deadline: 2 weeks after we get 4 entries :/

Theme: Can't Put my Finger on It . . . .

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

Is that the theme, or can you just not put your finger on an idea?
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

It's the theme . . . .

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

Ahahhhhh I might start writing agaaaain
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Hmm....time to flex my literacy muscles again....

Get a mod to change the title too alt....

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

*bangs on keyboard, runs around, screams*

Dang.

Oh, well. Sense cant win the next one right? But then again, Nicho's back so...

*sigh*

Can I kill two birds with one stone, and write the next 'Shadows in the Night' thing, but adapt it to fit the theme? If not, I'll just write something differnt

Hydraulic
Hydraulic
223 posts
Nomad

Okay, You will get an entry from me at some point, but first, if I'm writing in Word, I must copy/paste into notepad to get rid of all quotation question mark thingies, correct?

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Just c/ping it won't work - you have to retype all apostrophes and quotations.

Hydraulic
Hydraulic
223 posts
Nomad

Okay. Thanks.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
(lol troll post)

TRUdog
TRUdog
1,032 posts
Nomad

So when can we start posting our entries? My wheels are already spinning!

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

So when can we start posting our entries?

Well, since the theme has been chosen, I'm guessing you can post them now if you like.

I never like to be the first one to post, because then I'll end up having the worst entry.
playaholic
playaholic
1,098 posts
Farmer

let me think...

"crap!"jill shouted,"i have been trying all day!and i cant seem to touch him!,he's just so...good,scary,and disgusting!"
"stop it jill,thats not gonna make you win,go try mario instead of luigi,luigi is lame"i told her
"it's not that!it's john's(i dont mean that john) friend that came,and i cant even play without looking at him!"
"fine!ill help you!whats the name of john's friend?"
i asked as i stood up,i put on my glasses so as to see better,
"boogey" my sister cooed,but when i entered the room,i laughed,on john's nose,was "boogey",better known as a booger.
"and i just cant touch it!!!even with a tissue!"my sister continued.

Showing 286-300 of 359