ForumsArt, Music, and WritingShort Story Contest: Fear (Page 35)

359 92214
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

The green light has been given! After weeks of preparation, the Contest can be launched!

This has been brewing in many users' mind for awhile. Enter the Official Writing Contest!

General Rules

1)Submissions for the context must specify the word count implemented.
2)It must adhere to the period's theme as the main idea, or at least have some connection.
3)It must be submitted by the deadline. (The deadline will be according to AG time so that people will not be confused by the timeframe/exploit difference in time zones.)
4)A winner cannot win twice in a row, though he or she can submit an entry the next week.
5)Winners get a merit.

What not to include

1)No excessive inappropriate language, such as vulgarities, swearing. This includes slandering anyone in the AG community.
2)No slandering of race, religion, culture, language of people.
3)No sexual references or innuendoes, though romantic scenes such as kissing can be included.

Actions that lead to disqualification

1)No plagiarism. If it has been discovered that the story has been copied, e.g. the plot has been copied, the user will be disqualified with immediate action. However, elements of inspiration can be allowed.
2)Only one submission is allowed for each user. So please do not create multiple accounts for multiple entries. If it has been discovered that a user has submitted many entries due to this method, he or she will be disqualified.
3)If someone's username is used as a character's name or mentioned in the story, ask for permission first. Failure to do so may lead to disqualification.

Judge: Me, though I will appoint someone else if I want to take part.

Current Theme: Fire. Fiery start eh?

Deadline: 31st May (Two weeks)

Without further ado, let it begin!

*Note: Everything is subjected to change!

• 359 Replies
Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

You might know me or you might not? I'm just some regular joe, who sits at home watching tv. Ignoring the fact that I live with my parents and have no job. I'm not worried, I have my whole life to slack off. Well, one day I got a knock on my door, I got up and answered it. To my surprise no one was there, just a letter. Aletter with the heading Wish you well. I picked it up and read the following, "Hello friends and family of Joe Flagmen, sadly we'd like to invite you to hos death to remember his life. It will be sunday at three." I then chuckled to myself " I have no clue who that it is and threw behind me, and slowly made my way back to my tube. My favorite show friends was on and I had just caught it at the begining of the epidsode. I started thinking about the letter and then though haven't I heard that name before? I turned off my tv and after a while thought about the letter some more. I decided I would make my way down there on sunday to show some love for the guy, and maybe I'd remember who he was.
I got up on suday and I came an hour ahead. I arrived to find a poster of the guy and then something flashed in my mind. I had seen that guy, it said he was murdered on the side of a highway not for where I lived. They said all they knew was the get away car was a green 1989 Ford Tempo.
Then during the ceremony, I started relizing more and more about him. I had seen the guy at a super market and he asked me for some spare change, I gave him a 5 dollar bill that day and had since questioned why I did that. It seems on my act of doing that I accidently gave him my ID. And I've been thinking mom took it to teach me a lesson. He must of read it and wrote down where I lived.

Also as more was unraveling in my head, I relized I had seen him on the road and passed on him, cause I didn't want him in my car. The newspaper said he died on the side of that very highway I was on. I too had seen that green tempo pulling up to the guy. Had I just by not picking him up, set up the guy to a death?

The end of the ceromony was silent and I woke up to find it over.

I went back outside and the poster said Ernie Belgium. Why was I here and where was the guy in my dream?

I just threw that together.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Thanks Google for that story. Now are others going to post before the deadline? I'd hate for this to become locked for good. Remember: Merit if you win.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

*pokes thread*

Hey look everyone! A short story contest!

Showing 346-348 of 359