ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

5646 5372275
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/hinthintnudgewinknudge.jpg

• 5,646 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

So... Strop... are you going to redraw that one part?

Redrawn? What are you, insane? That's everyone's favorite part!
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

So... Strop... are you going to redraw that one part? lol

I'd actually like to but I couldn't be bothered :P
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

One more question relating to the contest:

Is the first frame the thought bubble or thought bubble + happy light-bulb Nill?

Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

I thought it was the Nill cleansing in the rain bit...

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Is the first frame the thought bubble or thought bubble + happy light-bulb Nill?

Just the top frame. I'm looking for a text interpretation of Strop's pictoral speech.
Wyuen
Wyuen
374 posts
Nomad

Wait, how does Strop hold a bow? Isn't it hard to hold a bow with hooves?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Just the top frame. I'm looking for a text interpretation of Strop's pictoral speech.

Darn.

Wait, how does Strop hold a bow? Isn't it hard to hold a bow with hooves?

Strop has fully human hands but hooves for feet as stated in his character sheet in Official AG Characters, which also links to further information about the ninja horse. Anthrohorses are rather useless otherwise, having only one "finger".
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

You're free to do your own captions of the whole thing, if it's funny enough I just might give you the item anyway :P

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Just curiously, what's the item? I mean, I want to know if it will be worth it....

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Just curiously, what's the item? I mean, I want to know if it will be worth it....

But the whole point of this exercise is to keep you guessing!

If the fun of making fun of Strop isn't enough incentive, don't bother trying.
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Nope, I got your email Sloth. I'll get onto it shortly.

I've got everything written. I just have to draw a few more pages, and hopefully will get it uploaded in the next 12 hours.

DUN DUN DUUUUUUN

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Okay, here's the first of the segments leading to the next task.

Be warned, it's visually disturbing :P

---

Oh What a Beautiful Morning

The sunlight filtering through the trees heralded the dawning of the day. Strop, trussed up and on the ground, was still out as cold as the humid, morning air. The dew ran down the cracks in the trunks of the tree that stretched to the horizon and then some.

Strop opened his eyes.

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/Way%20Of%20Moderation/6-3-1.png

...was his first thought. Instantly alerted to the fact he was not, as was his usual custom, waking up in his bed in the tallest tower of Armor Castle, he started racking his mind for any memories that might explain this anomaly.

None were forthcoming.

Then there was the fact that it was cold. And wet. And he couldn't feel his hands and legs. He couldn't even see or move them, and when he tried to move his head, he realised that, too, was immobile. The last person to have done this to him was Nill, which incidentally was also his last memory. But that didn't make any sense.

This morning was rapidly turning worrying. But first things first, Strop thought to himself. He'd have to free his limbs somehow. Despite many wildly exaggerated tales of their abilities, ninja were not gifted with the powers of telekinesis. Strop could only really poof and appear as long as he could actually move (and as long as he had one of those nifty smoke bombs on hand, and neither was the case.)

What was a tied and bound person all on their lonesome to do then? On the off-chance that his ever-reliable sla- protege was present, Strop called out.

"Cen?"

"Cen, are you there?"

"CEEEEEEEEENNNNN!!!"

"I should have known", Strop muttered to himself. Chances were, these days Cenere was more likely to be gallavanting with that girlfriend of his, Sai. Which was just the kind of thing a young man should be doing, and, for Cen, not a moment too soon, but still, it was a rather inconvenient development.

Awkwardly, Strop rolled over until he felt the sharp edge of a rock poking out from the soil. It was all he had to go on, so he started rubbing up against the rock, hoping that he wouldn't starve or go mad before the friction wore the ropes down. Provided this was going to work at all in the first place.

---

More to come later.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Okay, if you look back, you'll find that I redrew Nill when her shirt falls apart. It really did look too inappropriate and was giving people the wrong idea. I'm sorry.

Also, here's the next Nill segment, which takes place not long after Strop wakes up...

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/Way%20Of%20Moderation/6-3a.png

Major props to whoever gets the reference. And no, the mods are not allowed to answer this one. I might have to gag Firefly on this one too (hint hint)!

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/Way%20Of%20Moderation/6-4.png

Well Nill, if you didn't want people staring at your jugs, why don't you cover them up a little more? Oh, that's right, your shirt button fell off.

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/Way%20Of%20Moderation/6-5.png

And there's another subtle reference in here. Even bigger props for the correct guess.

NEXT: What will Strop find when he (finally) gets home?

Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

Dr. Zoidberg from Futurama? That's the last one, right?

Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

Or... Do we need an episode name?

Showing 3766-3780 of 5646