ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

5646 5372331
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/hinthintnudgewinknudge.jpg

• 5,646 Replies
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Cool stuff but, erm, if you're spraining your ankle whenever you land a roundhouse kick, you're doing it wrong!!!

Lack of practice and I overdo it.

Oh no not mastery. Just knowledge on how to kill a man.

So now he knows forty-two ways.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

(like I actually learned to do a roundhouse the other day! It's fun knowing that I could sprain my ankle and break someone's leg.

Roundhouse kicks are easy. Btw, which one did you learn? Inside or outside roundhouse kick? Outside ones are a piece of cake. I don't know how to do an inside on yet . . . I'm still just a little white belt D:
ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

I'll be getting onto yours in a moment, Ulimited!

Yay! Someone said my name right... Wait, I should've read the point of the sentence... Oh, that sounds promising.

And I'm wondering why you posted it here (How do you know I read this stuff?). I guess telepathic comes with the job... Or Strop stalks me (Both I find pretty cool).
Cool stuff but, erm, if you're spraining your ankle whenever you land a roundhouse kick, you're doing it wrong!!! Keep practicing until you can blow that bag off its hinges... without destroying parts of your body. Then it's a roundhouse kick.

It's amazing when you watch documentaries rated PG on NG talking about 'One hit blow that will stop an opponents heart'. Really...
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

... How's that pokemon contest judging coming along, KR? :P

Done!

Why kick? Gun's are way easier...seriously...one bang and the person is dead!
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

nside or outside roundhouse kick? Outside ones are a piece of cake. I don't know how to do an inside on yet . . . I'm still just a little white belt D:

Far be it my intention to start a digression on martial-arts in this thread, but "outside roundhouse kick" is a really confusing term, simply because the mechanics of doing a kick with the inside and outside leg is fundamentally different. Unless you're just wheeling your legs around but that's not really in most martial arts...

Perhaps you mean crescent or hook kick?
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Strop I sent you my entry...hopefully you can reply ASAP...or now...

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Okay, just before I head off, I have sorted just about (but not quite) everything out:

Candidates that have sent an entry and therefore are safe from being eliminated by default:

Pixel
Manta
Crimson
Chill
Frank
Thoad
Kingryan

Candidates that are still yet to submit (deadline now in 72 hours):

Leon McAcid
The Bullman
Goumas

Withdrawn due to technical issues:

Gametesta

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Thank god I'm in this for the long run.

I have lived with a dabble of shame in my shelf due to the early dropout in the MWT. Then again, I've started to dislike The Nergyl Child. I'm working more on that other guy who's ttly more important than TNC. Guy named "Shadow". He's a different story though (I'm pretty sure no one wants to listen to me about that).

I'm really loving the character development in Thoad with this. Possibly the absolute best piece of development with 'im.

Not to mention it's gotten a lot of the art community involved in making their own characters, which is a definite extra. I will say that the WoM is definitely a good thing for the art community.

Just a bit of ass-kissing here.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

I'm working more on that other guy who's ttly more important than TNC.

Woody?

Yeah, I agree with you Thoad, this does help with character development. Even though I am really unsure who Kingryan really is...
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Woody?

I'm glad that that piece of bark managed to make art forum history.

But no.

I replaced him for a Fox.
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

I replaced him for a Fox.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...........

Now to await the next round...hopefully it will be soon, not in a few months...
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Far be it my intention to start a digression on martial-arts in this thread, but "outside roundhouse kick" is a really confusing term, simply because the mechanics of doing a kick with the inside and outside leg is fundamentally different. Unless you're just wheeling your legs around but that's not really in most martial arts...

To the best of my knowledge, an outside roundhouse is where your toes are pointed and you bring your knee up facing sideways and kick in from the side, whereas an inside starts out appearing to be a front snap kick that pivots into a roundhouse at the last second.

Oh well, I'm getting all this from the shito-ryu school of karate. Two of my relatives are black belts in the style, so yeah, that's where I'm getting this from >_>

I'm in an Okinawan style though, not this, because there aren't any shito-ryu dojos around here.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Dammit, AG, it's not a bad word . . . .

Hmm, how to link to this . . . .

Here we go.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

There's a lot of inconsistency in the use of the English terminology. For example, having looked at this page, I'm going to assume you're referring to are the mawashi geri and gyaku mawashi geri respectively. But Wiki's description of "reverse direction roundhouse kick" is not helpful!

Looking at Youtube is also not helpful, as the one video on it mistakes gyaku mawashi geri for ushiro geri (which I call a crescent kick because my terminology background is taekwondo). So I go to image search instead:

http://aschantepiejudo.idoo.com/Images/Techniques/JuJitsu/GyakuMawashiGeri.jpg

Which is not a movement I've ever used seriously. There's a TKD feint which uses the same setup... but I'm curious to find out its application because as far as the styles I'm familiar with go, that's a terrible strike!

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

... Yeah, I will just go by poking people in the eyes and run.

Showing 3856-3870 of 5646