Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

Posted Feb 10, '10 at 11:44pm

the_manta

the_manta

3,006 posts

Qtcm. This is an interesting off-topic.

...Nah, it just doesn't feel right. Lol is better, but I don't like using lol unless I actually laugh out loud. And I hate the xD emoticon with a burning passion.

Posted Feb 10, '10 at 11:55pm

Xzeno

Xzeno

2,082 posts

I already said burning passion once. No repeats... or hesitations.

Good to know I'm not the only one not fond of xD. QTCM.

I don't mind QTCM as much as LOL because it isn't in common usage. If it was, it would probably bug me.

As for off-topicness, I figure if we are left to our own devises for any span of time, this is the inevitable conclusion. Normally, I ignore it. For now, I'm rolling with it.

Posted Feb 10, '10 at 11:59pm

the_manta

the_manta

3,006 posts

I already said burning passion once. No repeats... or hesitations.

Oh, I thought it sounded familiar in my head.

What if I said I hate it from the bottom of my anger gland?

Posted Feb 11, '10 at 12:03am

Kirby998

Kirby998

5,236 posts

Why...would you had a smiley face? They all look the same.

There is no smiley that would go with my sentence except that one.

Posted Feb 11, '10 at 12:06am

Xzeno

Xzeno

2,082 posts

What if I said I hate it from the bottom of my anger gland?

That would work. It would have also been acceptable to mumble something about "white-hot fury" and "a thousand suns".

Posted Feb 11, '10 at 12:08am

Pois0nArr0w

Pois0nArr0w

1,565 posts

Dammit, Spence!

It's qctm.

Quietly chuckling to myself.

Posted Feb 11, '10 at 12:54am

Gantic

Gantic

6,993 posts

"QUIET!" the Bullman boomed.

The din dissipated as eyes turned toward the massive Bullman who towered over a couple feet over the crowd. I will certainly win this tournament now and lead with my authoritative voice. Where are Ponyboy and Stickman to commend me?

The Bullman intended to address the crowd again, but lost in the certain promise of moderatorship, he sat down to muse and forgot about the two who were actually in charge.

Hurrah! The Bullman has won again!

-----
Oh snap! I just broke the fourth wall.

Now, seriously, hopefully the last of posts have already passed through. It's been over half an hour.

What is this? Practically three pages of off-topic? Thought you guys would've stopped two pages back. But yeah. When one gets back to this, delete this message, which is just a placeholder so either Strop or Cenere isn't left wondering who locked this.

Posted Feb 11, '10 at 2:35am

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

LOLROFLROFLROFRLOFL WHAT

Leaving the placeholder there because I haven't got the time to update just yet (give me until Sunday, it's a big'un and I have a test tomorrow).

There's just one post I need to reply to, since it was question directed at me:

Then what do you mean by "adapting to circumstances"? You aren't saying I should necessarily use emotes or italics in such a way, but you are saying I should be more clear about the seriousness of what I write, correct?

I anticipated this. I'll tell you now that I was directing my comment at your attitudes, not the actions which reflected those attitudes. Since different people express themselves in different manners and convey their intentions with varying degrees of effectiveness, it would be arbitrary (and untenable) of me to say something that suggests that there is a right way of going about it. I won't pretend to have a preference, either- since more astute users will know that I switch styles depending on the occasion.

Far be it from my role to directly dictate the behaviour of any person on this forum outside of enforcement of the rules. My comment was phrased exactly as intended: a comment on your attitude and its perceived effects. What kind of directive you may derive from that is your prerogative.

Posted Feb 11, '10 at 3:00am

kingryan

kingryan

4,165 posts

Have I missed anything?

Strop...I am unsure if I am willing to recontinue my assignment...I went through a fair few pages...(at least 100) and lost it when I lost my laptop...

=.=

Posted Feb 11, '10 at 5:04am

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

AW WHAT.

Lemme think something up. It's not time critical, but keep an eye on your email after the next round is posted on Sunday.

Reply to The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

You must be logged in to post a reply!