ForumsThe TavernSubway vs Quiznos

17 3395
keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

No this isnt a whats your favorite, its a question.

Why do they try and compete.....Quiznos has meatier more fattening subs and subway has more healthier subs.

In my opinion its a bad competition.

Care to share opinions?

also If you dont understand what these are, they are restaurants that serve subs (food).

• 17 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

Quizno's has more variety, and it has sammies. Does Subway have sammies? NO!

Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

It's an ok competition, because they both sell subs. Just different kinds. Kind of like the Mac vs PC competition. They're both computers, just built a lot differently. (Lol, I know, nerdy reference. But oh well, I'm interested in that type of stuff.)

Aggression
Aggression
90 posts
Nomad

As Green said, they both sell subs. They are the only two major sub chains, and they have to compete for customers because of such. People don't go "I wanna get me a fattening meaty sub" or "I wanna get me a healthy green sub," people "I wanna get me a sub." So both chains have to try and chain "I wanna get a sub" to "I wanna get ____'s sub." I personally prefer a local sub shop that I live near to either chain. Quizno's does an excellent job with it's toasted subs, I'd rather get an normal sub at Subway; their toasting just isn't as good.

[Sorry about the wall or text, you'd make them too if for an exit project you had to write 1 hundred pages]

hylian726
hylian726
281 posts
Nomad

i personally prefer subway, but recently i've started liking them less and less, as they continue to skimp out on the cheese, and their meat isnt all that great. hmmm... maybe i dont like subway...

keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

you guys are misunderstanding what I mean. What I mean is on tv Quiznos is always saying their subs are better, but if your wanting to lose "Some" weight then they are not any better than any other fast food chain. Subway at least offers greens (the meat is getting bad though, and the greens are starting to taste like Burger King greens)

TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

I haven't been to Quizos in years. Subways only good stuff is the meatball marinara. Their 'competition' is almost nonexistent. There is no difference between their foods and they both don't have any competitive prices, other than the '$5 Foot Long.'

keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

Sometimes I hate the community here, I even sometimes want to try and get banned but then I have so many enemies to argue with.....What to do?

CaptainSamoa
CaptainSamoa
364 posts
Nomad

They are both expensive where I live. Quizno's is more expensive than Subway, so that's why I have never had it before. But Subway's commercials are SO annoying. Same thing with Pizza Hut and their stupid &quoteople on hidden camera" commercials (personally, I thing Pizza Hut sucks). Whenever Subway makes a commercial, they claim that their food is better simply because it is healthier for you. Sorry, it better be healthy and taste good. Which it does most of the time, but that is all they argue in their commercials.

One more thing. I live in America, and the obesity level over here is high. Do you want to know why that is? Because all of the healthy food is expensive. I've been inside of a health food store before, and all of the prices are ridiculously high! Sorry, but people aren't willing to waste their money on food THAT expensive. Why do you think people buy junk food? Because it's cheap.

wethead77
wethead77
457 posts
Nomad

Subway.
There's nothing 2 debate.

pauler94
pauler94
2,514 posts
Nomad

I love Subway more. They're really nice in there and they have the best fast food meatball sub around. It's also America's sub shop, forget Blimpies

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I haven't even tried Quiznos, so I'm all for Subway :P
Plus, I like their "Sandwich of the day/week" deal.

Grassble
Grassble
167 posts
Nomad

I love Subway. It is so much better than Quiznos.

Kurt5
Kurt5
27 posts
Nomad

Quiznos is amazing, definatly trumps subway. dont get me wrong, subway is good, just not as good

arkaninerenegade
arkaninerenegade
785 posts
Nomad

well i never actually went to quiznos so i cant say but i really like subway

tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

Quiznos is terrible. I like Subway a lot better. But I like Firehouse Subs the best out of every sub place.

Showing 1-15 of 17