ForumsThe Tavern'Write A Movie' Contest - Theme: (pending)

1443 277095
tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

This thread is going to be a success! Me and goumas13 thought of this thread. When he gets on I'll tell him to come here and tell you what he is going to do. What you are going to do is make a movie using these directions.

Title:
Plot:
Setting:
Characters:
Movie Cover: (picture from photobucket)

There are going to be two judges for each competition. Each competition will be two weeks long. And the winner will receive a merit by Carlie. You cannot win twice.

Now all I need is to have two judges.

First competition is going to start when I have two judges to judge the movies. It will end on July 24th. Get Thinking!!!!

• 1,443 Replies
Perslos
Perslos
353 posts
Nomad

And we make the cover? What if we are not much for that kind of thing?

MagiX
MagiX
1,015 posts
Nomad

So basically we just fill this out like so?:

Title: "And i lol'd"
Plot: Two guys make a bet about who can fund the best smiley or something.
Setting: Interwebz
Characters: Billy Mays and Vince Shlomi
Movie Cover: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fb/718smiley.svg/300px-718smiley.svg.png

Of course it'd be more detailed, but that's what we fill out and you judge amirite?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

So what in general do the judges do? Rate their movie out of 5 stars or something?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I think, Tennisman, you should make the rules/description of what to do more detailed, since people are confused and are making attempts with

Of course it'd be more detailed
in the end. (No offence)
tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

Yes MagiX that is exactly how you do it.

And firetail, you would meet up with Sebi on your profile and talk it over on who you think should win.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I will strongly recommend that you take judging of any sort to somewhere more private than your profile comments.

That aside:

Is what MagiX exactly how you intend the entries to be (that, or with more description of it)? Or should entrants make actual movies?

tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

Like I said, they dont have to make actual movies. They just have to make a description of it and a cover. They can do whatever different perks they want to make it look a little better.

Perslos
Perslos
353 posts
Nomad

Well, for this to be more "Official" it would make sense that the entries were a little more descriptive and longer, because one line does not work for a merit prize. Well, That's just my opinion,

tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

I hope you know MagiX's entry was just an example right? I would hope that they put a lot of thought into there movie. So if nobody wants to make an entry then I will and get the merit.

MagiX
MagiX
1,015 posts
Nomad

Yes. Mine was just an very, very short example to see if "iwasdoinitrite".

Methinks there should be a specific theme to follow for each week/month (whichever you go by)

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

So if nobody wants to make an entry then I will and get the merit.
You, uh, can't really do that...

But I see now why you wanted someone else to judge... >_>
tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

You, uh, can't really do that...

Sarcasm.

Methinks there should be a specific theme to follow for each week/month (whichever you go by)

I know there will be. The first week is whatever you want week.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I can't catch Sebi at the exact same time on profile comments to easily discuss the winner. We either need to find a private chat or lessen it down to one judge.

tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

That sounds good for me. You are the judge for this round firetail. I hope I answered most peoples questions. Please post your movies NOW. I will post mine tomorrow.

Perslos
Perslos
353 posts
Nomad

Title: Two Sides
Characters: Sarah(Description, Tall and Skinny. Full with scars. Brown hair and wears torn clothing, part of a gang) Jake (Description, Tall but sort of chubby, Short black hair, usually wears very baggy clothes)
Plot: Sarah and Jake are part of rival gangs, but fall in love. Everything seems like it could work out until Sarah's gang finds out about this and in attempt to teach her a lesson about being around the other gang, they kill her. Jake is angered and decides to get revenge on the gang. By killing them all. one by one.
Setting: Hmm, 1993, I don't have an excact place yet...
Movie Cover: I will make one later.

And sorry, this is actually pretty bad after I read it, I will definately make another one, but this is my temporary entry incase I don't finish it.

Showing 16-30 of 1443