Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Animal Slaughter

Posted Mar 27, '08 at 1:31am

Skipper8656568

Skipper8656568

342 posts

I my self am a proud veg and im a guy i dont see any thing wrong with that, however my peers constantly put me down for it. I question others about it and some say that animals are kiled to keep the population under control, then shouldnt we do that to humans? are there any other vegetarians on armor? if you are a caravor responding to this please try not to be insultive i get enough from my freinds and family

Posted Mar 27, '08 at 1:33am

Skipper8656568

Skipper8656568

342 posts

im sorry about the thread deal please respond on this one thank you and also check out
www.goveg.com
this is a very productive helpful website

Posted Mar 27, '08 at 2:32am

Youassassin

Youassassin

222 posts

wow
well um
im all for that veg stuff gung ho man (though i love eating meat)
but everyone is their own person

but i dissagree
animals are different than humans
we have a higher thinking
e.g. we can build a car
but ya killing animals is wrong
and humans can be stupid
so we have to deal with them in our own way

Posted Mar 27, '08 at 8:08am

steevo15

steevo15

1,507 posts

animals and humans are COMPLETELY different  humans have a free will and animals do not. Animals act purely on instinct, Humans do not, they think for themselves. Humans have a personality, animals do not.

Where did you hear that animals are killed to keep the population down? i have never heard that...

Posted Mar 27, '08 at 8:09am

DecadentDragon

DecadentDragon

257 posts

I am not a carnivore.

I am an omnivore.

So are you.

Posted Mar 27, '08 at 8:15am

steevo15

steevo15

1,507 posts

oh yeah...im an omnivore too....

Posted Mar 27, '08 at 8:42am

DecadentDragon

DecadentDragon

257 posts

Your choice of topic name is inflammatory.  You live in a glass house, insulated from reality and nature.  One might suggest that you spend a bit of time studying how animals used for meat production are killed, then some time studying how animals die in the wild.  Have you ever seen a pack of carnivores take down their prey?  It's gory, messy, and time consuming with very few clean kills.

Posted Mar 27, '08 at 8:47am

DecadentDragon

DecadentDragon

257 posts

Also, yes there are times when animals in the wild are killed in order to control their numbers.  Deer are a prime example, and I'll tell you why.

Years ago we removed most predatory species.  As a result the prey species flourished and overpopulated.  Their food supplies were soon diminished to the point that many animals were dying from starvation and our own crops (that vegetarians have to have to survive) were ravaged as well.

So it was either bring back the predators that are a threat to humans in order to control populations, or do the job ourselves.

You have to look at the big picture.  Everything is cause and effect.

Posted Mar 27, '08 at 9:13am

AugustRush

AugustRush

14 posts

It's the way of life we humans are at the top we will have to kill in order to survive unless you want to eat genetic food?

Posted Mar 27, '08 at 9:21am

madgamer012

madgamer012

781 posts

I thinks its cruel when it comes to places like KFC, thats why i thought i would become a vegitarian. Then i realized i just dont eat anything made by them. I don't eat fastfood, my parents are kinda rich so we eat food from restraunts 27 days out of the month ( iguess 24 for Feb. )

Reply to Animal Slaughter

You must be logged in to post a reply!