ForumsWEPRAnimal Slaughter

588 143437
Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
325 posts
Peasant

I my self am a proud veg and im a guy i dont see any thing wrong with that, however my peers constantly put me down for it. I question others about it and some say that animals are kiled to keep the population under control, then shouldnt we do that to humans? are there any other vegetarians on armor? if you are a caravor responding to this please try not to be insultive i get enough from my freinds and family

• 588 Replies
Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
325 posts
Peasant

i am sorry i made a type-o
"it is said that 9 out of 10 workers in slaughter house are us citizens"
i ment to say
it is said that 9 out of 10 workers in slaughter house are not us citizen

I think that what they do to animals is worse than what the cave men did, let me ask you what is your biggest fear ?

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I don't see why people would put you down for it... it takes an amazing amount of restraint to become a vegetarian after you have been eating meat your whole life. I tried it for a week once, but meat is just too good... I don't think I could go without bacon! But one of my roommates is vegetarian, and we joke sometimes that we are going to sneak meat into her portion, but we never would! We are all very careful about how we cook things, and keeping meat very separate. For some people it is a personal choice, for others it is religious. You just have to respect that.

I used to say that someone should not eat meat if they were not prepared to kill the animal themselves. Because people should realize how the animal actually gets on their plate. But then I realized that I probably would not be able to do it... maybe I would. I don't know. If I was starving in the wild or something...

But that does raise a good question. If you had to kill animals for the meat to feed yourself, would you still eat meat?

Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
325 posts
Peasant

Thank you so much Carlie you would not belive how much Cr*p about being an animal lover i like the way that you think i would rather die than kill a live animal for my food plus that steak that people are eating was once some cows mother brother sister dad freind i mean can you imagine somebody that you love being eatin by some one else? or springled over your pizza on your plate that is discusting, idont think it was very freindly to plot against an omnoivor my mom tried to force feed me chicken she closed my nose and waited for me to open my mouth to breath then slip it in, i never opened my mouth and woke up 30 min later true story no joke at all

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

You just have to be very careful about nutrition if you do not eat meat. There is a lot of good protein in meat, and you have to make up for that in the vegetables and legumes that you eat. I know people who are not very healthy in the way that they eat because they cut out meat but do not replace those nutrients with other food, and end up sick a lot because they cannot get proper nutrition.

DecadentDragon
DecadentDragon
242 posts
Nomad

That grain fed to cattle, etc... is of a different variety than that used for human consumption. Not to mention that people would eventually starve on full stomachs. That old saying about not being able to live on bread and water alone? It's a true one.

Oh, and my girlfriend is a U.S.D.A. Inspector in a chicken plant. While there are quite a few hispanics working in them, your numbers are off by a significant percentage and they are not illegals. The Border Patrol can and does check processing plants, and the fines to any company caught hiring illegals is hefty. Don't believe me? Do a google search on George's Chicken and you'll get the news on it.

I don't mind vegetarians. I do mind fanatics, especially when they spread erroneous information.

The militant vegetarian, racist, or terrorist. I see little difference between the two, both require the same type of narrow-minded logic.

Maybe if they ate more protein (meat)... After all, it is scientifically proven that meat consumption is what brought about the evolution of the human brain.

Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
325 posts
Peasant

I dont really care for what you have to say if you are calling me a terroist and i do not lack any intellgents beacuse of my belives. And i didnt say in a chicken prossesing plant alone.

DecadentDragon
DecadentDragon
242 posts
Nomad

And I'm saying that before you present something as fact, make sure that your information is in fact, factual.

Computers are the greatest informational tool ever created. Anyone with a computer and internet access can literally research anything, reading arguments from all sides of an issue, then making intelligent and informed decisions. What do most people use them for? Chatting and playing games. lol

Let's say that we stop all meat production in the world. Everyone has to become a vegetarian. What then? In order to produce the legumes necessary to sustain the world's population at anything halfway healthy, more land would have to be cleared in areas that legumes grow well. The land currently used to furnish livestock feed won't do it. Wrong kind of ground for the most part. And then we need massive amounts of water because legumes require more than grain does, so much for quite a few ecosystems as dams are built and rivers are pumped dry in order to meet this need for irrigation.

Billions of animals are left to starve instead of getting a clean shot to the head. The carcasses mount up, becoming breeding grounds for disease.

I'm really barely scraping the tip of the iceberg here, but I have a few things to research instead of sitting here typing all day.

Tealpug
Tealpug
76 posts
Nomad

Okay, everyone! Let me get something straight here!

Want to know WHY meat is so important? It's because it contains very important things for human bodies. If you ONLY EAT VEGETABLES, FRUITS, WHEAT, than you would have to eat a HUGE amount of different things.

While with meat, it contains all of that stuff our bodies need! So, if you ask me, it is actually rather dumb to say how sad it is for the animals. If the animals had a chance, they would slay you, just as much as you would slay them.

To conclude my little passage, I have a message for you vegetarians out there. Why do you eat plants? They are living. Why should they be "SLAUGHTERED" if animals are slaughtered? It's not like many animals are put to extinction these days, if it gets close to it, the government buts in, and puts some of them in random zoos around the States.

Now than, do you understand my point? If you don't, it really doesn't matter.

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

^Lots of animals DO go extinct, but not the ones we eat. That's due to destruction of their habitat, mostly. Which I don't understand - why try and force nature out of the way when we could coexist?
We, as a species, evolved around the ability to survive on a number of different things, but were designed to eat both meat AND vegetables. Now, the quantity of meat that most people it is far too much - indeed, a piece the size of a deck of cards is supposedly enough - but we're still designed to be meat-eaters. Due to the way society works, it's very difficult to hunt and kill all of your own meat. It's FAR easier to go to the store and buy some meat that's readily prepared and packaged. I may not agree with the practices used in some slaughterhouses, but that won't deter me from eating the way humans were designed to eat. I don't eat much meat (Sometimes for lunch, and usually for dinner), but I enjoy meat and can easily down a 2 or 3 lb. steak when given the opportunity, without feeling a speck of remorse. We are the dominant species. We have a duty to protect the animals only because we need sustenance from them.

Crunk88
Crunk88
123 posts
Nomad

Humans have instinct, and my instincts are to have a yummy 12oz stake! But hey i dont skip the veg, its the most important part of your meal. I was watchin the news the other day and it was about life expectincy in some comunities around the world where people live well over 100 because of what they ate. They found that when you keep your meals simple and eat mosley veg it may increase you life.

lamas_own
lamas_own
103 posts
Nomad

i dont see anything wrong with eating meat no offense but i can see some ways why not to eat meat

Tealpug
Tealpug
76 posts
Nomad

Woah, woah, WOAH Crunk! Vegetables are NOT your most important part of your meal! Meat, is, by for, the most important to have in a daily meal.

PaintballKing17
PaintballKing17
253 posts
Nomad

Well Hitler had the idea going that if we kill animals to keep the population down, why not kill Jews and other racially inferior people to Germany. ( Sorry to anyone, that i may have offended, i have nothing against Jews or anyone, except americans )So i think we should kill of people, to keep the population down

Tealpug
Tealpug
76 posts
Nomad

ROFL! Paintballking, that was the stupidest thing that has ever reached my ears! It just so happens, that the population is DECREASING by the years. People are supposed to have about four babies in a life time, but people are having about one!

SOS_Coco
SOS_Coco
13 posts
Nomad

Wow, interesting topic. I think it is very cruel to kill animals for us to eat. It is the circle of life, I agree with that, but killing at such a large amount is just cruel. You are eating an animals muscle!! I'm pretty much a vegetarian, and my peers always put me down for it, but I am proud about it.

Showing 16-30 of 588