ForumsWEPRAnimal Slaughter

588 143535
Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
324 posts
Peasant

I my self am a proud veg and im a guy i dont see any thing wrong with that, however my peers constantly put me down for it. I question others about it and some say that animals are kiled to keep the population under control, then shouldnt we do that to humans? are there any other vegetarians on armor? if you are a caravor responding to this please try not to be insultive i get enough from my freinds and family

• 588 Replies
Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

He never said we should kill them for fun. He's already labled out he's against violence or cruelty to animals.

Also, Its nasty calm >.< If you want fur, use the meat too, Sheesh. >.> I mean, sure, fur trade is okay, but what even scared me more was that they didn't nock out the animal or kill it or ANYTHING before they skinned it. >.< Hearless nasty scum sucking fur ripping idiots I'm against that.

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

My opinion would be that we are a little superior to animals but that dosent give us the right to do what ever we want to them like Armed_Blade and a few others said if you kill an animal dont just take fur but use everything from that animal.

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

You'd attack me, Skipper, and yet you have no outside sources. You want me to cite some shit? Fine. Here we go.
ETA was criticized in 2005 when police discovered that at least 80 animals had been euthanized and left in area dumpsters over the course of a month. Two PETA employees approached a dumpster in a van registered to PETA and left behind 18 dead animals. Thirteen more were found inside the van. The animals had been euthanized by the PETA employees immediately after taking them from shelters in Northampton and Bertie counties.Among the bodies in the dumpster were a cat and two of her kittens, given to PETA by veterinarian Patrick Proctor of Ahoskie Animal Hospital. According to Proctor, the two kittens were very adoptable, and he said the PETA employees claimed they would have no trouble finding homes for them. Here's my source
Ingrid Newkirk is firm in her support of direct action. Both she and PETA have been criticized for providing financial support to Animal Liberation Front (ALF) activists when they were faced with legal action against them. The Observer noted what it calls a "network of relationships between seemly unconnected animal rights groups on both sides of the Atlantic," writing that, with assets of $6.5 million, and with the PETA Foundation holding further assets of $15 million, PETA funds individual activists and activist groups, some with "links to extremists." This includes links to the ALF and Earth Liberation Front (ELF), which the Counterterrorism department of the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation have named as "special interest extremism organizations" and "as a serious terrorist threat. Source 1source2
As part of an effort to reduce milk consumption, PETA created the "Got Beer?" campaign, a parody of the Got Milk? campaign. The advertisements urged college students to "wipe off those milk moustaches and replace them with. . . foam." Mothers Against Drunk Driving and college officials of campuses targeted by the campaign complained that the campaign encouraged underage drinking. As a result of the criticism, PETA halted the campaign in March 2000.*
And don't forget this quote: "[Even if animal research produced a cure for AIDS], we'd be against it.." â" Ingrid Newkirk, PETA President Source.

So you trying to say everything I've said isn't backed up by cold hard fact is blatant refusal to look at the facts. PETA = terrorists.

*Swift, Earl. "PETA Says It's Putting Beer Campaign Out to Pasture", The Virginian Pilot, March 17, 2000, pp. A1.

WangHangLo
WangHangLo
50 posts
Nomad

i like eating meat but theres nothing wrong with being vegetarian

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

madgamer012,

KFC does not kill there "chickens". They artificially grow them.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

For the record: In accordance with Calm's directives, I have not in the slightest made this personal. Anybody who thinks otherwise is mistaken. Specifically:

You know, it's funny - all my defense was aimed at someone else and you feel the need to defend him, when I wasn't even trying to attack you.

This isn't about defending against a personal agenda here. I am not attacking any person, nor am I defending them. However should I see an argument I feel like picking at, I will pick at it, and that's precisely what I have done. You will also note that I am not misrepresenting (honestly, Skipper, you've been maligning Mega a bit in doing that), because there is no need for me to.

After all that, your defense may have been directed at somebody else but if a defense is not consistent to all attack it is useless.

Even while we can debate these points, I still respect that you have your own views.

Storyrider
Storyrider
26 posts
Nomad

But you know, some humans act solely on instinct, also.

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

Yeah, but a lot of what you attacked was satirical anyways and obviously wasn't intended to hold up in a debate. But satire isn't my strong point, and usually just ends up sounding like subtle flaming.

Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
324 posts
Peasant

O.K. I really could care less about the aids part but the first one has proof of what you were speaking but how would you shoot down the A.S.P.C.A. I want to see this one, according to christains nobody is perfect ! nor is peta.

Sting
Sting
266 posts
Peasant

Oh please. Yes, animals around the world are killed improperly, but if I do not eat meat, that just is not going to stop, no matter what sort of crap you try and tell me. I see your point, but because I order a salad instead of a hamburger, doesn't mean the cow used to make that hamburger is going to come back.

redwinger333
redwinger333
324 posts
Nomad

its fine if you are a vegetarian... do what you think is right, but the truth is, its survival of the fittest in this world, and so far, humans are kinda the fittest... if some animal came along and started eating humans, it wouldn't stop feeding just because we didnt like being eaten... kinda the same concept here.... our population couldnt survive on vegetation alone. i do think that we should put some better restrictions on how we handle the killing of animals, but its a process that can't be avoided

Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
324 posts
Peasant

Sting sorry to burst your bubble but every year that you are a veg. you save 95 animals (mostly chickens) If it was survival of the fittest the lion or some other beast would have won a while ago. It is easily seen that there will be no stop to it unless more people are made veg

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

Sting, if a cow is used to make a hamburger that you choose not to eat, it won't come back. It's just one less cow that is needed to make hamburgers for other people. The more people that choose not to eat meat, the number of animals that need to be killed to supply those that do eat meat decreases.

Sting
Sting
266 posts
Peasant

You guys just don't get it... just because I am not eating meat, every restaurant in the world (except for vegetarian ones) still orders the same amount of meat every day (or whenever they order their meat) and they use up all of the meat in that order, then they get another load of it; most of the time they get another load before they run out of meat from the last one. One summer I worked in a restaurant, so I know what I am talking about.

Besides, meat has many vitamins and minerals helpful to the human body. If I was a vegetarian, I might still be in shape, but I would in no way be in as good physical condition as I am now. I am also a firm believer in Creation and God, and he put all those animals (deer, chicken, cow, etc) on this earth for a reason; that is why there are so many of them. So say what you want. I personally have nothing against vegetarians, but it is not a lifestyle meant for me.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

Maybe I'm not getting through to you guys. Let me show you in easy to understand pictures:

The life cycle of a chicken:

The chicken starts off as an egg.
http://www.asby.com.sg/image/EGG.jpg

After the egg hatches, the chicks get their beaks melted/cut off and then they are put in cages.
http://www.chooseveg.com/LargePhotos/ChickBeingDebeaked.jpg

Some of the more unfortunate chicks end up like this:
http://utcare.sa.utoronto.ca/farm/chicks01.jpg

The chicks grow into chickens, their eggs are collected for us to eat.
http://indymedia.org.nz/usermedia/image/6/battery_farm_1313.jpg

Some chickens are slaughtered (acctually, all of them are killed eventually).
http://www.all-creatures.org/anex/chicken-slaughter-01.jpg

They are then turned into what some people call food.
http://wowdavao.com/catalog/images/mcnugget6lg.jpg

Showing 136-150 of 588