ForumsSupport ForumRating..

18 4271
Fanboy
Fanboy
4 posts
Nomad

I dont know if this has happened to anyone else or not, but when i go to rate a game, sometimes i accidently give a 7 instead of an 8, now i know this isnt that big of a deal, but i think the armor games staff should look into fixing this problem so that we can vote higher on a game but it doesnt give us the points. What do you guys think?

• 18 Replies
lava_king_11
lava_king_11
27 posts
Nomad

ya i want to rerate things all the time

anailator23
anailator23
87 posts
Nomad

they need to add a button that says change your rating, but you wont get more points for it

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Not a bad idea.

turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

yeah i always rate rong and i want to change it

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I did this when I was just starting:

You would rate the game before you play it, and then you want to rate it differently after you played it.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

You should never rate a game before playing it, first and foremost.

Secondly, It might be nice if we had radio buttons for ratings, and had to click an 'accept' button before it got tallied, to make up for accidental misclicks.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Then what happens after the accept button is clicked? Does it stay like that forever after?

Salmanius
Salmanius
277 posts
Peasant

I agree.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

Then what happens after the accept button is clicked? Does it stay like that forever after?

Yes. You should only rate a game after you know exactly what youd like to rate it. There should be no real need to change the rating at a later time.
The_Idea_Men
The_Idea_Men
102 posts
Nomad

i disagree.

for example, i played achillies for a while and gave it a rating. then i didnt play it for a long time. then for whatever reason i picked it up again and played it like mad. i felt that becoming addicted to it warranted a higher rating. like coke (the soda[?])BUT THEN, i beat it and i am still pissed at how crappy the end of that game is. i went through all that for that end screen. wtf? so at that point my feelings changed yet again.

so i think its possible to have a firm grasp on the game and still need to change your rating (now in that case we're not talking a major point swing, but...)

one more example... a drastic one. there was some quiz game on here. played one of its playmodes all the way through. i won. i rated. i buggered off. came back at some point to play again... ohhh yeah, flash games dont have big libraries... it had the exact same questions. that takes a lot of wind out of a quiz game's sails. i totally wanted to take my previous opinion back.

so yeah. i think changeables are good. though we shouldnt get ap beyond the first rating.

i have spoken. i talk too much. im going to return to quiet disinterest.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,611 posts
Jester

Well I think that you should play the game many times then rating so it will be a fair rating!That's what I normally would do.

The_Idea_Men
The_Idea_Men
102 posts
Nomad

did you take in the my post or were you pre-decided on this issue when you arrived? because thats the crux of what we're discussing here. the ability to change ones mind.

what constitutes many times? until you beat the game? until you beat it several times? until you can program it?

i played warlords once through and a few levels a second time. loved it. wrote about it. got a merit for it. but i cant say my opinion has changed and i dont think it will. i think that game has extremely limited replayability, therefore having only played it through once was i premature in my rating it?

okay. the length of this conversation and my interest in it are way out of proportion...

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
922 posts
Scribe

Guys, this is a Dead topic!Look on the first page. There was a comment in Jan, but the next comment was in April. Please don't ressurect the dead topics. Thanks!

turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

well any way i always do that and i want to change it like on last stand 2 i gave it a 1 on accident and i couldn't change it so yeah we need to be able to change

armorgold
armorgold
273 posts
Nomad

ya that happened to me alot of times.

Showing 1-15 of 18