ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5035 1357288
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,035 Replies
CmRet
CmRet
19 posts
Nomad

Xbox360 gets my vote. The reason I say this is because the original xbox was my first console and I only know how to play the xbox.

mushroomman
mushroomman
5 posts
Nomad

The Wii has really advanced controlls but really, it doesn't help you get fit at all. Plus it has horrible online. I don't know much about PS3, the only game i've played on it is COD5 but Xbox 360 is more user friendly when on the online menu. Xbox has all of the Halo games and the arcade games which are fun. Example- Castle Crashers

As you can probably guess, my vote goes to Xbox 360.

Blake33
Blake33
10 posts
Nomad

Xbox360 is my vote,because the game here are cheap(15R$),but the xbox360 have a alot of great games

nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

ps3 has ninja gaiden, the oj box, and the motorsports games. Granted i hate halo, and that is my opinion. Iff we were to go into the playstation Network games, there would be alottt of them that I would post as well... But atm i only care about actual games, and actual exclusives. But it doesn't matter really. I dislike the xbox because its the exact same as the original xbox but with a lil more btr graphics and theres achievements. Yea theres online.. 50 bucks a month with a huge ethernet able included =). Sure theres achievements, but ps3 has trophies. Sure you can go on facebook and skype and twitter... But to bad PS3 had that when it first came out. And yes there are exclusive games, but none that compare even close to ps3's exclusive games (other than L4D... thats an amazing game and im for sure getting it and L4d2 for pc).. N2M xbox 360 is the easiest system to break. Keep it on for 3 days straight and it will either get the RROD, or heat up and melt the insides... PS3, i can leave it on for weeks if i wanted to. I can dl stuff and charge my controllers over night without worrying about my system crashing. And finally the blu ray player.. For sum reason every xbox fanboy scoffs at this, yet they have no idea wat blu-ray actually is. Go out and try it, you'll see how amazing the movies are..

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

ps3 has ninja gaiden, the oj box, and the motorsports games

While I did screw up on the Orange box thing since I just assumed all valve stuff was Xbox 360 exclusive(Left4Dead was exclusive, and the company was created by 2 of the original Microsoft employees from when it was first created) though as a note I don't know what motorsport games your talking about, but Forza is most definitely on the PS3 and the Ninja Gaiden your talking about is sort of a spin-off called Ninja Gaiden Sigma which is not the same game. Though I have to give it credit for actually getting a better rating then the original.

I dislike the xbox because its the exact same as the original xbox but with a lil more btr graphics and theres achievements.

Yes just like how the PS3 is like the PS2....no really its nothing like the original honestly, except it still has xbox live, and a halo game made for it. The first one was kind of sad really because you couldn't play DVD's right out of the box. You had to buy some add-on. Though of course thats Microsoft. Always making people pay extra for some features(WiFi for instance...though I don't use WiFi so I don't really care)

Keep it on for 3 days straight and it will either get the RROD, or heat up and melt the insides

Have you ever actually kept your game console on for more then 3 days? Though honestly just Google "PS3 Overheating" and you might be surprised at what you find.
G4m3rIfall
G4m3rIfall
29 posts
Nomad

I have a Wii but haven't played it for a while... I thinks Wii's aren't that good. only thing stopping me from selling it is my brother, because its both mine AND his

Adrokila
Adrokila
139 posts
Nomad

I'd say the Wii, because you can play video games and still get active in a way of fun.

QueenFirebreath
QueenFirebreath
16 posts
Nomad

xbox360 cuz all the games have good graphics and are better quality. i have a wii, but i dont think Wii games are as good as xbox360 games

DrPepperRain
DrPepperRain
75 posts
Nomad

They are both great. But they both have disadvantages. The xbox 360's disadvantage is that you have to pay to play online. The Play station 3's disadvantage is that it gets to hot and can over heat. The good thing about the 360 is that its cheap. The play station 3 is very expensive because it has the best graphics as in blue ray games. The wii just sucks.

nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

Have you ever actually kept your game console on for more then 3 days? Though honestly just Google "PS3 Overheating" and you might be surprised at what you find.

yup ive kept mine on for 2 weeks. I left for trip to BC with a cpl of friends and forgot to turn it off... My parents told me i left it on when i cam back, and i asked them if they had turned it off. They said no because the didn't know how... So i almost shat myself on the spot. I was thinking 600 bucks down the drain.. But it ended up being fine, and still is.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

The 360 has the whole red ring problem, but it tends to have more exciting exclusive games. The PS3, however, does have more stuff on it. As a gaming system, the xbox wins my favor, but the PS3 makes for a better home entertainment system.

Of course, the PS3 does have some good games, I have played them myself. They just don't compare to most of the games for xbox.

xbox live is not free, but it is much smoother than the PS3's online play. You get what you pay for, and it's worth it. If that isn't enough for you, just remember that the PS3 is so expensive that the online play damn right better be free! You just payed your weeks paycheck on the sucker!

The xbox aims for gaming entertainment, the PS3 aims to be an all around system, and the wii is aiming towards being a family system.

xplayfang4
xplayfang4
22 posts
Nomad

ok this queston has alredy be done but for the heck of it im gana put my disition in....ps3 for the most part but i have to say for good multyplayer games that gose to xbox360 but ps3 great games great grafics (i got 1)

EmielB
EmielB
9 posts
Nomad

I've got to choose the Xbox 360, since the Halo serie isn't available on the PS3.
Also, the fact that you get a mic with your Xbox 360 means you often meet people to chat with. IMO, not getting a mic with your PS3 console is a big con. The biggest downside of the Xbox 360 is that it breaks down alot.

MagicWolfX9
MagicWolfX9
1 posts
Nomad

XBOX is the best! Wii has sucky games, sucky graphics, sucky online(which took about 3 hours to set up with multiple calls to nintendo), and has almost no good games. PS3, i kno nothing about. but xbox has great games, graphics and online. period. and ad another period.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

PS3, i kno nothing about.

Then how can you say XBOX is the best...?

xbox has great games, graphics and online

PS3 has that and more, i.e. media servers, web browser, folding@home, etc.
Showing 376-390 of 5035