ForumsGamesGeneral Colony Discussion

6563 1004735
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

So, since my last competition was pretty much a discussion, I'll now close that and move over to this general colony discussion (the others are all specific)

TALK ABOUT ANYTHING RELATED TO COLONY (and beef burgers)

• 6,563 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Roman rushes are actually quite useful.
On a 2 vs 2 my roman rush wittled enemy base to around 30% life.

Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

If your saying 10-20 romans early game, then that's pretty easy to counter if your opponent doesn't know what they're doing. Like 5 tanks could kill that many romans.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Meh, I know, but most people tech up early and if they don't have a forge or outpost up it's hard to counter. And you can set them at charge.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Sniper rush is actually easily counterable - I've found that autobuilding romans (with forge) or chronite tanks (with outpost) can both be effective in killing a sniper rush. If you time it right, you'll only need about 65 or 7 romans or 3 tanks.

I'm not on colony much. I'm Alt there, I play only on Beatrix, I'm rank 5, have 163 games played (something like that) and a 73-79% win ratio (it fluctuates between that whenever I'm on).

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

65 or 7 romans XD

But alt, they can pull the snipers, because chronite tanks are incredibly slow and their range isn't that good either.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Exactly. But that still repels the rush.

Then,it gives you breathing room to continue building regularly.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

They can simply come again, shoot out of range, than escape.
It's how a huge group of snipers killed my hovers.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Well, I found that if the other team is doing using snipers like that, then a good counter would be to simply have a 'cushion' of some units to soak up damage as your force advances, allowing the damage-dealing units to kill the snipers.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Hmm, me and this other guy was, unfortunately, teching up for hovers and they made a huge line of snipers that killed whatever tank we sent out and than ran away, and when we tried to muscle our way through his teammate brought about 10 hover tanks. Any way to counter that? (This was during earthquake)

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Well, if they are just sitting out of your base defense range, and spawn killing, there is none...unless you use HACKS WOO, which I don't know how to use.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Hacks? I'm clueless about that except for hotkeys, which were removed. I regret that every now and then.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Had a guy the other day (hotkeys had already been removed) using a special ops in a EQ, still won , but maybe he could use hotkeys if he was somehow on a different game version..

Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

Well, that's what most people do firetail, they just spam snipers. Now it's very hard to counter that. If you do nothing about it early game your going to be screwed mid to late game. You just have to make snipers and fight back, and maybe have some romans tank for your snipers. Since romans will be the most effective shields against snipers because it's earthquake, you would probably destroy his sniper army early game.

Jikek
Jikek
1,186 posts
Nomad

where talking about EQ today :P ok, ive only played EQ once so my strategy would probably be snipers and medics till hovers can be built.

Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

Holy crap guys.... If you check my profile, my first person to talk to me is (that's right!) Krin! I gave him the suggestion i posted on page 1. He seemed to think it was a great idea but unfortunately, it would take a lot of work, trying to change the way buildings are. He did, however accept my "double click" idea, it's the same thing from starcraft (for which he tributed this game to), where you double click on 1 unit and it selects all of that same unit.

If you read this Krin, I appreciate your time and effort into making games and reading my feedback and suggestion.

Showing 226-240 of 6563