ForumsWEPRAliens

73 15760
madgamer012
madgamer012
741 posts
Nomad

I believe in aliens, the most likely reason why they die is probably because of all the oxygen in the air. It is pretty weird to think of that but aliens do die because of the oxygen. Some aliens may be friendly toward us and others will want to destroy us. Most alien aircraft sightings are real. What do you think the aliens want from us? Our water? Nuclear weapons? Our whole planet?

• 73 Replies
Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Unbelievable, if an Alien showed itself out to us, It would be a hard adaption, but they wouldn't live with us. Therefor, they have nothing to fear. WE obviously can't go out to kill them. So if one comes down in the middle of New York city, there'll be pandemonium. But if its shot down instantly, you've got someone killing a national discovery. Now honestly anything thats found new and you can't talk to is probably hauled over to a lab. But I'm not going into that far enough. If there smart enough to get here, I'm pretty sure they are smart enough to communicate.

If they exist as close to us as you believe. I believe theres something else out there, Just not like aliens that you speak of.

Crunk88
Crunk88
123 posts
Nomad

you have a different mind set, im not even sure in my right mind that they do exist, a part of me wants them to. Im just viewing my point on if they do in fact exist thats what their doing. If their here they are smarter than us and they dont think like us, there a totally different life form. They would know us better than we know them, and right now i think its best for them to stay away. If one dropped down in New York someone would kill it and i dont think they want to sacrifice themselves. besides we dont need anymore bull crap like that happening, we'v already got war and corrupt government all we need is aliens and then everyones gona be going for their first dosage of heroine thinking the worlds gona be over. You say u dont believe in aliens, then prove they dont exist. You say "if" like you are stil unsure of their existence as much as I am. Im just not going to deny the fact that something could be watching over us, not like the FBI does, but maybe from afar watching us kill ourselves.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

I think it's ridiculous to ignore the very high probability of existence of life on another planet. But it's even more ridiculous to overlook the physical impossibility of extraterrestrial life actual coming to Earth.
There is so much misinformation about other life forms floating around.
First - there is no evidence for bacteria on Mars. There were some meteors found with some microscopic shapes that some believed to be microbial organisms, but they were not organic.
Second - the closest star to us, Proxima Centauri, is over 4 light years away, but it has no planetary companions. It is simply inconceivable for any ship to travel even 4 light years, let alone the 2 million light years to the nearest galaxy.
For aliens to observe us, it would take thousands or millions of years for the light leaving our planet to be observed by anything else - and even then human activity wouldn't be observable.
But with the number of stars in our galaxy alone and the number of planets, it's silly to think that life couldn't have formed on some planet in some galaxy.

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Exactly -- I doubt that ANYTHING will ever become that high-tech, but anything can happen. Still, I dont' think that will.

That some super-cruiser is made and star-trekki beings attack. Just saying.

armagheddonman
armagheddonman
158 posts
Nomad

I dont think aliens can come to earth but I do think that there are other things out in the universe because if we can grow from the vacuum of space then probably other things can grow. And there are also probably things that are unseeable by humans because not all things are visible like gases and other different types of molecules.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

That's a really interesting point, armagheddonman. We are made up of Carbon and Nitrogen which are fairly common in the universe, but not nearly as common as Hydrogen and Helium. If we are nothing more than electrical neurons firing, perhaps there is alien life that has developed from and is maintained as an electrically charged gas. Hmmmm

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

Well the way I look at the concept of aliens is that, what are the chances, out of every other object and planet in the entirely colossal universe that we'll be the only ones with life. That just seems very unlikely to me, so I'll have to say that there's probably other life somewhere very far away from us.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Whoa, I did a doubletake before I realised that Proxima Centauri was the star, Alpha Centauri was the system. I always get them confused.

Speaking of which, this is hardly speculation on the actual possibility of life on a planet other than Earth, but there are a number of relatively close star systems (like, 10 light years close haha) such as 61-Cygni and Epsilon Eridani, which contain planets and a "dust disk" respectively that may harbor conditions possibly residing within the Life Zone- obviously this stretch of the realm of possibility is taken advantage of by a considerable portion of science fiction!

However all this is, as alluded to earlier, underscored by the assumption that things that are 'living' must necessarily exist within the conditions of the life zone (i.e. a bunch of atmospheric, pressure, gravitational, temperature and humidity conditions that appear most optimal around conditions that support mammalian life). This, obviously, is subject to the criticism that this constitutes a rather narrow and possibly outmoded definition of "life".

But then one has to consider what the definition should be. What are the necessary characteristics? What conditions or set of conditions are sufficient?

Cremlin
Cremlin
9 posts
Nomad

I don't believe in the aliens that you are talking about, flying saucer ones. I do think that there is like in the universe besides on earth. There might even be some in out solar system, on Titan or something.

Your post seems rather childish to me. "I think it's because of all the oxygen in the air." don't you think that after traveling millions of light year to reach here, they wouldn't take to precaution to bring some space suites. Come on now!

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

That's a good question, Strop.
What if we apply the 3 "big" rules for life in our world - movement, growth, and reproduction - to an alien world.
Movement is a very relative term, but if we use "Interaction" I think it might become more useful. If a living thing can't interact in any way with its environment, then I don't think it matters if it's actually living or not.
Growth is an odd concept, and I can't figure out how to apply it off the top of my head.
Reproduction we could change to "Continuity" or something like that - just something that would indicate the thing's ability to either remain living or have more of them appear through whatever means.
Of course, this would mean that certain things on earth are suddenly alive that we don't want to be alive - like fire, most non-radioactive elements, hmmm... lots of things.
Maybe this definitional expansion thing doesn't work. I kind of didn't think it would - I'm sorry for ever doubting you, Wittgenstein!

Sting
Sting
266 posts
Peasant

Aliens? Well, from a Biblical principle, there is other life out there. And of course, the human mind has to wonder- in this incredibly huge world of ours, are we the only lifeforms out there? Personally, I do not care. I know that sounds a bit unimaginative, but it probably is not going to matter in my life time. And if it does, when that time comes, I will be ready to accept whatever is truth may be.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

I've heard someone else mention that alien life is suggested in the bible. I didn't know that, I would assume that notion would be heretical. Do you know where this is mentioned, or in what context?

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Well, for a billion dollars I just might have to go buy a bible and look through it! I'm sure I can find some randomly obscure passage

Sting
Sting
266 posts
Peasant

Yes I hold my belief that even though I don't necessarily believe in aliens, there could be other life out there, but I will have to look into if the Bible every says anything about 'other' life. An older friend of mine once told me it did (that was a few years), and he gave some reasons why he believed it; no offense to him, but he was one of those right-wing Christians who listens to Pastor Pete (you know, that guy with the reptiles-disguised-as-humans idea). I will research into that further when I have the time.

And when I said from a Biblical principle there is other life out there, that was referring angels/spiritual things. Haha sorry if you guys took that the wrong way.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Ohhhh - but they're all dead, right? You can't really call angels "other life" can you?

Showing 31-45 of 73