ForumsGamesHalo? Put it here!

1798 353536
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Yup, put your Halo shenanigans here folks. Help make a cleaner, greener forums!

• 1,798 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Sorry for dp..need to specify

I'm talking about its multiplayer

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

.what new things have they added to the game? Or what makes it different than the others?

Here we go.

Ordnance

In game types where Ordnance is enabled (Team Slayer, Big Team, Regicide, etc.) once you collect enough points from earning medals/kills you can get an ordnance drop. Usually you have three choices. These are usually power weapons, grenades, or temporary boosts to your character such as Overshield or a damage boost. Points will not go towards your next Ordnance until you chose your reward. The Tracker specialization allows you to unlock the ability to reset your three reward options (once per drop) when you receive ordnance.

Loadouts

In Halo 4, loadouts return from Reach. However this time they are fully able to be customized. (Game modes such as SWAT and Slayer Pro do not allow this.) When you rank up in Halo 4, you usually receive Spartan Points, which can be used to buy unlocked weapons and mods to put in your loadouts. Over time you can unlock up to 5 loadouts. They consist of six distinct parts.

First, the primary weapon. This includes the Assault Rifle, Battle Rifle, DMR, Covenant Storm Rifle, Covenant Carbine, and the new Forerunner Suppressor and Light Rifle. The cost of these ranges from 1-2 Spartan Points (SP).

You may also choose a secondary weapon. There are three; the classic Magnum, the Plasma Pistol, and the new Forerunner Boltshot. While the Magnum is given to you by default, the other secondary weapons will cost you 2 SP.

Note: The Firepower tactical package will allow you to have two primary weapons instead of a secondary in your loadout.

Next is your grenade type. There is the Frag Grenade, Plasma Grenade, and the Pulse Grenade. Frag is given to you by default and the others cost 2 SP each.

Armor Abilities return from Reach with several new additions. The list of AAs includes Active Camouflage, Thruster Pack, Hologram, Jet Pack, Promethean Vision, Hardlight Shield, Autosentry, and the Regeneration Field. Promethean Vision allows you to see through obstacles, and the Hardlight Shield works very much like a Jackal Shield, only protecting you from the front. While most AAs cost 2 SP, more intricate Armor Abilities will cost you 3 SP.

Note: You will always have sprint.

Here is where things get interesting. You may now add a Tactical Package to your loadout that will give you a very specific boost to your style of gameplay. Most, if not all of them only cost 1 SP. Tactical Packages include spawning you with 3 grenades instead of two (Grenadier), increasing the speed of the recharge for your AA, and even giving you infinite sprint.

Lastly, there are Support Upgrades. While similar to Tactical Packages, they make a smaller impact to your gameplay. Some will increase your weapon swap speed, while others will allow you to view your sensor while scoped in or give you larger ammo capacities. Specializations allow you to unlock more of these.

Specializations

Your first specialization will be Spartan-IV, and you will keep it for your first 50 levels in multiplayer. Once you reach level 50, you may choose any of the specializations available to begin. Including Spartan-IV, there are 9 in total. Once you have started a specialization, you may not change it before completing all 10 levels of it. While leveling up a Specialization you will unlock a unique weapon skin (for a specific weapon), visor color, emblem, armor, and Support Upgrade. You do not have to be using a Specialization that unlocks any of these rewards to be able to select them. Once done with a Specialization you repeat until you hit the level cap at 130.

Well, those are the main changes to multiplayer. The rest is up for you to experience.
barbare251
barbare251
5 posts
Peasant

This game is awesome,
Good battles

MalKeshar
MalKeshar
115 posts
Jester

I hate the new Halo 4 control layout, its look, and its gameplay. Im sorry 343 but you have failed. Its more like Modern Halo Warfare 4...

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

It doesn't feel quite like Halo anymore. Just to start off they have overhauled everything about the game.

1.You no longer have to search for the good weapons, you have classes instead
2. It is that much harder to make a fun map in forge, the maps are too small
3. The game itself is more competitive centred, instead of the community feel
4. You can't watch someone teabag you, there is a killcam instead
5.No fun Flood game modes that you can make, like Speed Halo.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,779 posts
Chamberlain

I hate the new Halo 4 control layout

Because it's not almost exactly the same as before or anything...
its look

Play Halo 4, then Reach, then say that the graphics aren't good.
Im sorry 343 but you have failed. Its more like Modern Halo Warfare 4...

Any particular reason as to why you think it's that way or do you just hate it because you feel like it?
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

1.You no longer have to search for the good weapons, you have classes instead

I'm confused. Do you mean power weapons? Power weapons spawn in maps all the time without ordnance drops from a player. Loadouts only provide you with the usual regular weapons.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Well hello people who generally disagree with me on game choice. I stumbled upon some double xp codes that you can have if you want. Im just that nice of a guy.
Kthnxbye

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,779 posts
Chamberlain

Anyone else kinda disappointed by the map pack? I've played two of the maps (the greensih one and the orangy one I think) and to be honest I didn't think that they were anything special.

FinnDragon
FinnDragon
993 posts
Blacksmith

What you think about promeathean`s grenades?At least I think that they are basicly useless in campaign, you hardly even damage enemies with it, and killing is even less common. But I dont have live connection, so it may be different in multiplayer...

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

What you think about promeathean`s grenades?At least I think that they are basicly useless in campaign, you hardly even damage enemies with it, and killing is even less common. But I dont have live connection, so it may be different in multiplayer...

From what I have seen, it's basically used for taking down shields.

I'm pretty disappointed in what is happening around the Crimson map pack. When it first came out it was available for 0 microsoft points for everybody. This lasted for about a day if not more. Loyal fans who bought the Map Pass would have usually saved 5$ compared to somebody buying all three map packs separately. Now everyone who got this pack and then buy the other two will pay 5 dollars less than the Map Pack owners. Microsoft so far hasn't planned anything to make up for this to the Map Pack/ LE owners. Hopefully we'll see early access to DLC or something in the future exclusively for those people.
Wulfehz1234
Wulfehz1234
17 posts
Shepherd

@FinnDragon

The promethean grenades are ridiculously overpowered in multiplayer if you have two of them, considering how if you actually get that bubble near the player you're trying to kill twice they're pretty much dead.
First would unshield them and second would kill them.

StrategicCaptain
StrategicCaptain
393 posts
Nomad

Loving Halo 4 so far!

MummyPurge
MummyPurge
1 posts
Farmer

Can't wait to get Halo 4 this christmas!
[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/15.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

Can't wait to get Halo 4 this christmas!

Underage b& pls go

-Chillz
Showing 1726-1740 of 1798