ForumsGamesHalo? Put it here!

1798 353738
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Yup, put your Halo shenanigans here folks. Help make a cleaner, greener forums!

• 1,798 Replies
ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

Is it just me and my awful and inconsistent internet, or does Halo 4 not have the best connectivity, I'm always getting paused in the middle of the round even thought the host doesn't leave.

Happens to me too sometimes, however my internet also has a spotty track record.

Yup, with all these fancy new weapons you can get, none will really compare to the melee attack.

I somewhat agree with this. It's fast, reliable, and is a two-hit-to-kill weapon (despite slow reload time). My preferred loadout is DMR with a Plasma Pistol, Promethean Vision, and (I know there's one more but) that one that makes you reload fast. The Plasma Pistol is the star of the show, on big vehicle maps and close-quarters FFA alike, I've always liked the EMP-punch/headshot combo.

In Dominion, the EMP is your best friend. Takes out shield doors, stops vehicles in their tracks, the ammo's limited but it's definitely up there in terms of secondary weapons.

-Chillz
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,782 posts
Chamberlain

Also, I like the spartan ops because it fleshes out the story. But did they really have to get rid of firefight?

I know, I really liked firefight, why would they not add it?

Happens to me too sometimes, however my internet also has a spotty track record.

I'm pretty sure it was just my internet.

One reason why I will still play Halo Reach from time to time is because of the forge world. I like the one in reach far better than the Halo 4 ones, it's so much bigger and cooler.
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

One reason why I will still play Halo Reach from time to time is because of the forge world. I like the one in reach far better than the Halo 4 ones, it's so much bigger and cooler.

Remember Sandbox from Halo 3? How huge and awesome it was? It didn't come out until 2009. Until then all we had was Foundry. I think we'll be seeing a big forge map in a map pack sooner or later.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,782 posts
Chamberlain

Remember Sandbox from Halo 3? How huge and awesome it was? It didn't come out until 2009. Until then all we had was Foundry. I think we'll be seeing a big forge map in a map pack sooner or later.

No unfortunately the only Halo game I have are Reach and 4. I'm sure many of you already know this but today I found out that ragnarok in Halo 4 is from Halo 3 originally. Well I really hope that they have an awesome forge world that compares to that of Halo reach. Out of curiosity, was there a forge world in one a Halo Reach DLC?
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,782 posts
Chamberlain

I haven't even found the new forge world, but I'm pretty sure it won't be as expansive as Reach's. Sometimes I wish you could like put in dead bodies to make it look more like a battle field. Because isn't this what most of the maps were?

There are three of them, go to forge and look at the maps that have more than one setup. They are cool, but very small relatively speaking. I too doubt that it will be as amazing as Reach's.
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Also, I love the fact they brought back Valhalla, but now it's called Ragnarok. If you look at the spawn points, the map shape, weapon placement, and map details they are extremely similar.

Too bad that the map is awful with the Mantis there, and with all the AAs it's just not the same play style. It's always chosen when it's on the vote which annoys me so much. I hate Ragnarok.

While I like Exile, it's a broken map. Blue team gets the Gauss Warthog, which destroys banshees sometimes in one shot, and one shot kills players and I think ghosts. It's way overpowered, but it wouldn't be a problem if Red actually got one at their base. Red is given a Banshee which is shot out of the sky instantly. Pretty unfair.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,782 posts
Chamberlain

Too bad that the map is awful with the Mantis there, and with all the AAs it's just not the same play style. It's always chosen when it's on the vote which annoys me so much. I hate Ragnarok.

While I like Exile, it's a broken map. Blue team gets the Gauss Warthog, which destroys banshees sometimes in one shot, and one shot kills players and I think ghosts. It's way overpowered, but it wouldn't be a problem if Red actually got one at their base. Red is given a Banshee which is shot out of the sky instantly. Pretty unfair.

First off I'd like to take this opportunity to say that it's a mammoth not a mantis.
Ragnarok is my personal favorite map in the game, however I could understand you being disappointed by it since you've played the previous version of it. I also am not such a huge fan of exile. There's just something about it that I don't like.
toprichieboy
toprichieboy
82 posts
Nomad

For some reason, I like reach's graphics better thn 4. Maybe Its just because I started halo with reach.

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

Maybe Its just because I started halo with reach.

underage B@ pls go

it's a mammoth not a mantis.

Mech = Mantis
Giant mobile elephant-thingy but bigger = Mammoth

Get it together Halo fans

-Chillz
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Get it together Halo fans

no u

First off I'd like to take this opportunity to say that it's a mammoth not a mantis.

It's a Mantis. It looks like a Mantis. Sort of. Just like the Puma looks like a Puma.
Chock61
Chock61
69 posts
Nomad

HALO 4 IS AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GAME 4EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chock61
Chock61
69 posts
Nomad

So a year after my events with my new computer and some youtube videos, im back and NORMALY back.
Ok?
Im not more a troll k?

Dubness2
Dubness2
389 posts
Nomad

Mantis looks like those little imperial walkers off of Star Wars Episode 5

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

Alright kiddos, I wanna play some FFA, and I challenge YOU!

Add "ChillzMaster" on Xbox LIVE (comment on the thread your username too) and we'll get a game going at about 10pm (I'll be out from 6:45 until 9ish) EST.

Alright you wackos, let's see who's the best on AG at this punk-game

-Chillz

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Add "ChillzMaster" on Xbox LIVE (comment on the thread your username too) and we'll get a game going at about 10pm (I'll be out from 6:45 until 9ish) EST.

Prepare your anus. My tag is Kill3r G0ldfish, adding you now. I'll play for a half hour or so.
Showing 1696-1710 of 1798