ForumsWEPRIf America was invaded!

393 97434
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is an interesting question, what if America was invaded by land, by another huge army. What I am saying is if both the east and west coast were invaded by millions of foot soldiers that would move across the entire country. Think of this if like a D-Day happened in America. So where would you go? What would you do? Would you fight or hide? Hey you never know if this could happen but America would probably have a nuke war before this happens.

• 393 Replies
Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

I'd probably pack my things and get out of America and go back to Belgium via a safe route and take my pets with me and say good bye to America like everyone else unless their are guerrilla fighters.

_DC_
_DC_
17 posts
Nomad

America would be able to fend of thousands of enemy soldiers if not millions because think... 5/10 American households have 1 or more guns. Also policemen, national guard and all of America's army , air force and navy. That's a lot of manpower. Also we would know about 2 days before they actually get here because of radar and ships.

flareoen
flareoen
37 posts
Nomad

thank you

Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

America would be able to fend of thousands of enemy soldiers if not millions because think... 5/10 American households have 1 or more guns. Also policemen, national guard and all of America's army , air force and navy. That's a lot of manpower. Also we would know about 2 days before they actually get here because of radar and ships.

Have you even read the first page if an army marching from both sides of the country sweeping everything up with millions of foot soldiers what would you do that's the question read the first page before you ever post-DT07
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Have you even read the first page if an army marching from both sides of the country sweeping everything up with millions of foot soldiers what would you do that's the question read the first page before you ever post-DT07

How is his post irrelevant? In fact, it does the opposite, and highlights quite a major sticking point in any invasion plan; that is, unlike most other nations, the average American citizen is armed and fiercely protective of America. Say what you might, but at the end of the day, most Americans however critical of their government, would be vicious in their defence of whatever America stands for.

So yes, back to the point. A million foot soldiers might sweep across America, but as DC mentioned, it would probably get torn apart by the American military, since it's the most technologically advanced and capable fighting force in contemporary times.

Failing that, a resistance movement if it springs up, and most probably will, won't ever have a shortage of arms, by virtue of the millions of guns American civilians own.
Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

Failing that, a resistance movement if it springs up, and most probably will, won't ever have a shortage of arms, by virtue of the millions of guns American civilians own.

Very true since america is the largest exporter of guns and we currently only have 3 guns in the house as in for the invasion I'm sure most people would move inward into the country and start barricading those areas.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

I'm sure most people would move inward into the country and start barricading those areas.

And what happens once the enemy, on the slimmest of chance, approaches such ''inner areas''? Or chances upon people unlucky enough not to evacuate? Resistance.
psychoraven
psychoraven
311 posts
Peasant

Possibly a bit off topic but has anyone else seen this ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0wyRgcAg9Y

Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

And what happens once the enemy, on the slimmest of chance, approaches such ''inner areas''? Or chances upon people unlucky enough not to evacuate? Resistance.

Yeah that's obvious no one wants to be captured by the enemy and they'd probably massacre the population.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Possibly a bit off topic but has anyone else seen this ?

That's one of the main reasons I'm for RP. He's had military experience and understands both sides of a war. And his political stance hasn't changed in over 30 years, so he's extremely unlikely to flip if he becomes president.

Resistance.

Guerrilla warfare in a familiar area is always a strong advantage in any battle.
deathbewithyou
deathbewithyou
534 posts
Nomad

I just remmembered something... We're being invaded by illegal aliens. Some came here for freedom, and some came to cause a massacre.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

I just remmembered something... We're being invaded by illegal aliens. Some came here for freedom, and some came to cause a massacre.

you watch to much telly mate.
district 9 was not in the usa =P
FPSFrame52
FPSFrame52
13 posts
Nomad

Americans are smart in that we'll never be invaded for a simple reason: we're far too important to the rest of the world.

America's main exports are food (to developing nations) and high-tech weaponry (to developed nations). No nation will stand by as America is crippled by some wannabe Third Reich or Roman Empire, because as it stands everyone has more to lose than they'd ever gain (well, everyone except maybe the one invading country) from attacking America.

Hell, even China won't touch us because we buy most of their goods. Without us, they literally have no way to support their factory economy.

Chess341
Chess341
960 posts
Shepherd

What FPS says is so true.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

America would be able to fend of thousands of enemy soldiers if not millions because think... 5/10 American households have 1 or more guns. Also policemen, national guard and all of America's army , air force and navy. That's a lot of manpower. Also we would know about 2 days before they actually get here because of radar and ships

Civilian guns are not armor peircing you can't fight a trained and well equiped military with shotguns.
Showing 331-345 of 393