138 31991
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Now that I-

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/modlocks/ttly-1.png

-have your attention, there are some things you need to know:

First, we already know there is an exploit that allows you to bypass the site censor and write expletives and other things without having to alter them.

We also know how it is done. We also know how to fix it.

But in the meantime before it is fixed, please be aware that if any of your posts contain uncensored expletives in it, you are at risk of being banned because we consider that to be excessive swearing as stated in the rules of the site. And if it happens more than once, we might just get impatient enough to have you permanently banned.

So yeah, I thought it'd be fair if you guys were told, because it's happened more than once now.

We know that the filter isn't perfect either, so if you feel the urge to swear, why not filter yourself? We have to make some kind of judgement when deciding what course of action to take when we encounter expletives, so the safest option would naturally be not to use expletives.

Now, just one other matter: seeing tons of posts insulting people and swearing etc. by a single user is annoying. It annoys us too. But please don't assume we're letting anybody get away more than anybody else. If the rules have been broken we will deal with the user accordingly.

In some cases, the posts themselves may remain for some time as we keep them as evidence while we consult the administration to see if any further action is required. In these cases, as usual, the most useful course of action is NOT to complain that we aren't doing anything, but to report the offending post to us, so that we can compile them and present them as required.

That would be most helpful, thanks!

• 138 Replies
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Manta. wanna go **** my unicorn?

That says ride.....perverts.

I don't find the purpose of searing obsessivly at children over the internet that you will never met.

Streke24
Streke24
2 posts
Nomad

hay who likes the Dbacks y'know Arizona they got awesome players even thought they suck like Brandon Webb, Dan Haren, Max Scherzer, Justin Upton and Mark Reynolds also Ryan Roberts and Miguel Montero are doing good this year

mmdc
mmdc
32 posts
Shepherd

[/quote]wanna go **** my unicorn?

That says ride.....perverts.

haha you rock, man.
I just think if people swear it shows their lack of an actual vocabulary.

TerryLasVegas
TerryLasVegas
774 posts
Nomad

I just think if people swear it shows their lack of an actual vocabulary.

Thats why rappers generally arent very smart. lol
playaholic
playaholic
1,098 posts
Farmer

i can ignore that,i dont even understand you at some parts lol

midget2
midget2
576 posts
Nomad

wait a minute..... we have a censor system? Coolio! What happens when you swear? Can i try it???

whimsyboy
whimsyboy
938 posts
Nomad

HOLY ****

whimsyboy
whimsyboy
938 posts
Nomad

sorry, what I meant to say was
HOLY ****
Now, how do you know I didn't censor the word rice?
Or tree?
HOLY tree?
Or maybe I misspelled Grail, saying gral
HOLY GRAL!!!
just trying to make a point

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

sorry, what I meant to say was
HOLY ****
Now, how do you know I didn't censor the word rice?
Or tree?
HOLY tree?
Or maybe I misspelled Grail, saying gral
HOLY GRAL!!!
just trying to make a point

What was your point, exactly?

Anyways, I am totally for censoring because of a quote that I heard recently (in paraphrase) "Profanity is the means of an uneducated person to try and explain themselves strongly." In short, people should be able to explain a strong point of view without using profanity. I only make one exception, and that's when it's funny.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

Anyways, I am totally for censoring because of a quote that I heard recently (in paraphrase) "Profanity is the means of an uneducated person to try and explain themselves strongly." In short, people should be able to explain a strong point of view without using profanity. I only make one exception, and that's when it's funny.

I totally agree, but then again... I have the advantage of being Dutch! Meaning I'm not familliar with ALL the swear words existing in the English language... =D

Off course you learn a lot of them here in the Netherlands when you're young, but the slang and more 'deeper' (that's hard to imagine in profanity LOL) words are not known to us 'cheese-eaters', and I don't mind that I don't know them either...
midget2
midget2
576 posts
Nomad

cheese eaters... i want to live in the Netherlands! XD

okay, really though out of curiosity can i please... .say a cus word? i mean other than the fact that the *'s are prob. not cordinated with the site, so i wonder what happens when you cuss. oh and btw, everyone wants to go **** the unicorn, duh skater!

AdsDrury
AdsDrury
15 posts
Nomad

Does it mean we have to censor ourselves for the time being. It may be a good lesson for some but there are people who will exxploit it.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

cheese eaters... i want to live in the Netherlands! XD

You're free to come over midget2! Wanna teach us the deeper meaning of profanity? LOL XD

It may be a good lesson for some but there are people who will exxploit it.

Some people who see 'an opening in a fence' can't resist to look through it (the weak hearted), where others simply withstand the urge, ignore it and go on with their lives (the people who've grown themsleves a strong back bone)...

I can say for myself, with pride, that I limit my urge to swear as much as possible... and that does feel good! =D
Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

Example of a comment that is covered by this thread:
(KoS's comment, top)
Children, this will get you banned. Avoid calling people ********s. And especially avoid uncensoring it.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Wow. I never saw that moat.

Showing 31-45 of 138