138 31994
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Now that I-

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/modlocks/ttly-1.png

-have your attention, there are some things you need to know:

First, we already know there is an exploit that allows you to bypass the site censor and write expletives and other things without having to alter them.

We also know how it is done. We also know how to fix it.

But in the meantime before it is fixed, please be aware that if any of your posts contain uncensored expletives in it, you are at risk of being banned because we consider that to be excessive swearing as stated in the rules of the site. And if it happens more than once, we might just get impatient enough to have you permanently banned.

So yeah, I thought it'd be fair if you guys were told, because it's happened more than once now.

We know that the filter isn't perfect either, so if you feel the urge to swear, why not filter yourself? We have to make some kind of judgement when deciding what course of action to take when we encounter expletives, so the safest option would naturally be not to use expletives.

Now, just one other matter: seeing tons of posts insulting people and swearing etc. by a single user is annoying. It annoys us too. But please don't assume we're letting anybody get away more than anybody else. If the rules have been broken we will deal with the user accordingly.

In some cases, the posts themselves may remain for some time as we keep them as evidence while we consult the administration to see if any further action is required. In these cases, as usual, the most useful course of action is NOT to complain that we aren't doing anything, but to report the offending post to us, so that we can compile them and present them as required.

That would be most helpful, thanks!

• 138 Replies
Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

Actually, maybe I better put a warning.
WARNING: EXPLICIT LANGUAGE CONTAINED IN THE ABOVE LINK.
Thar.
Yeah, well, you probably wouldn't have. It happened about five seconds ago, over the Undead World RPG.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

why did you not let him in?

Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

Because he broke the rules for one. Didn't read the whole RPG, would've made a bad player.
And for the other, he's clearly a bad sport. See how he reacted when he didn't get in? Of course, I didn't know that then, but still. It was invite only, I clearly stated it. And he didn't get an invite.
And we shouldn't clog up this thread, eh?

Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

Orion, methinks it didn't work. At all.
xP
Check your comments.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

Dam this websites internal clock.

Orion, methinks it didn't work. At all.

I'll keep trying.
Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

Oh, definitely. I see your umm...therapy chill out session with KoS is going really well. xP
Don't bother, dude. Just let him simmer. No offense, but everybody hates a shrink. He'll cool down eventually, and as long as I don't respond he won't have anything to do.
Besides, he won't get in trouble for it. I'm going to cut him some slack, and not going to report him. He seems like a nice enough guy, everybody gets mad sometimes. Take TSL for example.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

Besides, he won't get in trouble for it.

He might.

I'll do that. Unless he calls me the uncensored foul word.

Take TSL for example.

?
Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

Oh, I forgot; you weren't on AG when TSL blew.
Name was TSL3_needed, and he totally flamed Balerion in the Forum Games section for making a counting thread. He was only banned for a day as punishment, but he quit because he was so mad. He was one of my very best friends on the site.
What I'm saying is, even the nicest guys can blow their top sometimes and KoS deserves some slack.
And why are we talking in this thread, again?
D'you have an email account?

the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

?

TSL. Cool guy, went crazy one day after he inexplicably realized how ignorant the interwebz are.

You know, you remind me of him... a lot...

T_I
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

D'you have an email account?

Not at the moment. I never found use for one, other than the one I used for AG. That's sorta for just though.

I got AIM though.

I can make an email, though. Give me a sec.
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

You know, you remind me of him... a lot...

That's rather nice. I think.

Sounds like a cool guy.

Maybe we should quit the chitchat right now.
singid25
singid25
1,262 posts
Nomad

TSL left?

Recently?

Wow... totally missed that.

He usually provided a good opinion in the Tavern. Man, that sucks.

Well, to be honest, I wasn't an amazing fan of Balerion. :P

Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

How come mods get to right in Blue?

I should Be able to right in Orange. It would be my trademark here and it would make me famous 'round 'ere!

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad238/DannyDaNinja/Yaaah.jpg?t=1263195530

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

How come mods get to right in Blue?
I should Be able to right in Orange. It would be my trademark here and it would make me famous 'round 'ere!

I think that's because the mods' comments need to pop out of the thread for people to pay attention to them...
and if everyone has their own colour, think of what hurting to your eyes it will bring...

Maybe suggest this in the thread on what you would like to see changed on AG...
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,210 posts
Peasant

First, we already know there is an exploit that allows you to bypass the site censor and write expletives and other things without having to alter them.

[i][quote]Nov 7, '09 at 9:30pm
[/i][/quote]

(its my first time doing double quote, so im not sure if it worked out)

wow there was?!?!? and i was a member at that time, so i was there. omg....i didnt even realized. lmao xD im a really late.
Showing 46-60 of 138