138 31993
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Now that I-

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/modlocks/ttly-1.png

-have your attention, there are some things you need to know:

First, we already know there is an exploit that allows you to bypass the site censor and write expletives and other things without having to alter them.

We also know how it is done. We also know how to fix it.

But in the meantime before it is fixed, please be aware that if any of your posts contain uncensored expletives in it, you are at risk of being banned because we consider that to be excessive swearing as stated in the rules of the site. And if it happens more than once, we might just get impatient enough to have you permanently banned.

So yeah, I thought it'd be fair if you guys were told, because it's happened more than once now.

We know that the filter isn't perfect either, so if you feel the urge to swear, why not filter yourself? We have to make some kind of judgement when deciding what course of action to take when we encounter expletives, so the safest option would naturally be not to use expletives.

Now, just one other matter: seeing tons of posts insulting people and swearing etc. by a single user is annoying. It annoys us too. But please don't assume we're letting anybody get away more than anybody else. If the rules have been broken we will deal with the user accordingly.

In some cases, the posts themselves may remain for some time as we keep them as evidence while we consult the administration to see if any further action is required. In these cases, as usual, the most useful course of action is NOT to complain that we aren't doing anything, but to report the offending post to us, so that we can compile them and present them as required.

That would be most helpful, thanks!

• 138 Replies
Chozo1992
Chozo1992
78 posts
Farmer

Wow who ever gose thru the trouble of looking for ways to be imature has PROBLEMS lol

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

You may think it's absurd, but some people take great enjoyment in this.

You're right though.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

You may think it's absurd, but some people take great enjoyment in this.

Guess it all comes down to the life you have outside the internet world...
tommy5649946
tommy5649946
95 posts
Nomad

i like te idea because really its a game site what is the need to swear it needs to stop

wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

Thanks, Strop for starting this thread. For most of us, it's just common sense, since that's how we hold verbal conversations...expletive free.

I am concerned with this generation, though because theirs is a language of "gangsta, mush-mouth", verbally abusive, harsh, abbreviated non-english. I get the feeling it's in some sort of code until I realize that they just DON'T know how to spell/type.

That's why applaude AG. Most all of you are under the age of thirty but on the whole, conduct yourselves with tact and respect of others that just isn't present elsewhere. I may be ranting but I wanted to compliment all of you for helping to keep Armor Games fun.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Why you dissin us under-30s, yo? Cause dat ain't cool. You ain't got nuttin on us, lil serf.

Now...
On a moar srs note...

Aside from your fs and ss, it's usually a mere matter of aggravation before the more uncivil behavior shows itself and we otherwise give the others the ban and the boot to those who so freely abuse the system cuz we r ttly draconian n no fun.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

That reply gave me a real good laugh there Gantic! Thanx! XD

Well wajor59, to make you aware of the ages present on Armor Games... I (reluctantly) present myself: 34 years of age!
Darnit, I'm old compared to the youngsters here...

Guess I'm one of the few users above 30 then? Still... I enjoy the community here and therefor... I'll stay! =P

Corneth
Corneth
20 posts
Nomad

it's OK mr. DayCee Us whippersnappers are nice Folk

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

LOL Ok then... that got me at ease! Thought for a minute there that I was the 'grandpops' of AG! XD

Still... it's fun here, so I guess I'll stick around! =D

*grabs walking cane and starts to shuffle towards the fridge*

wertpopetje
wertpopetje
10 posts
Nomad

stop discussing about the filter yourself thing...
it's just a warning. if you dont swear, probley ignore this ( but remind it before you'r swearing all over the site)

Fabio, Wertpopetje

rasur
rasur
7 posts
Nomad

I am sorta confused why would you do that?

Yodadude53
Yodadude53
1,496 posts
Nomad

Most AG users have the decency to not swear on the forums(notice I said MOST) because AG seems to have a much nicer community than other forums I've been on. So hopefully no one will ever try to get past the swearing filter. :P

TharosTheDragon
TharosTheDragon
202 posts
Farmer

There are some censored words that I don't consider swear words at all.

To me, there are only 7 swear words: the a word, the b word, the c word, the d word, the f word, the n word, and the s words.

Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

the c word

The others I can figure out, but I did not know there was a "c word". What is it?
TharosTheDragon
TharosTheDragon
202 posts
Farmer

Wait, I forgot about all the bigot words. The only one in there was the n word. There's another d word and another f word for sexual orientation, and I don't even know all the swear words for race.

Showing 61-75 of 138