ForumsGamesBTD4 hints

227 78075
mnobodeddd
mnobodeddd
392 posts
Nomad

In Bloons Tower Defense 4 (a.k.a. BTD4) you pretty much just pop balloons for the whole game so here's some tips about what to do to get to the big levels:

1. Towers
When you start a new game or you're just starting to actually play you place weak towers right? That's why at the beginning you start with the weak towers and buid up to the big ones because if you start out with the big tough towers you won't be able to keep up with the prices. So main thing start with the weak towers, build up to the big towers.

2.Tower placing
If you have the strategy or idea of what tours you're going to use then you have to think about where you're going to place them. The best place to put the towers is where the would pop the most balloons. Like a cannon in the corner of a turn will do alot of area damage. So main thing think about where you are going to place your towers based on whatb they do.

3.Upgrades
When you buy a tower they always have upgrades right? That's why you want to rank up to unlock the upgrades. But spend your money carefully. If you've unlocked a new ugrade for a tower try it out in sandbox mode ( if you've unlocked it) to strategize. So main thing use your upgrades wisely!

4.levels
As you progress through the game you get to higher levels so you want to buiild a strategy to get to the high levels.
What i'm saying is practice, practice, practice to build the best strategy possible. Once you've achieved that just try to keep going, and going, and going! So main thing build a strategy to get to the higher levels!

5. Mochi Upgrades
You probably already know that there are Mochi upgrades. My perspective of them: they ruin the fun. I don't use them because I like to play fair. I would only use them if you beat everysingle track on easy, medium, and hard. So main thing only use Mochi upgrades if you've COMPLETELY beaten the game.

Those are the tips that I've got so I hope they help with your gaming on BTD4!

• 227 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

These are general tips, they don't really have any specific value in helping.

jkmadman1
jkmadman1
1,066 posts
Nomad

I think I heard these all before somewhere else.Hmmm...

MarioMario
MarioMario
1,212 posts
Peasant

Hm well thanks for the info dude.

mnobodeddd
mnobodeddd
392 posts
Nomad

Your welcome mariomario

mnobodeddd
mnobodeddd
392 posts
Nomad

Oh yeah viewers here's a goal for all of you in BTD4: My friend got to level 94 without cheating. I saw it with my own eyes!! So if you think you're good now try beating my friend!

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

Bannana plantations (once reasonably unlocked)...build as many of these in the early waves as you can without allowing (many) bloons to leak...sell them at around wave 80 or so, when they're no longer worth the space.

...They take 10 (+/-1) waves for the investment to be paid back.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

mnobodeddd, anyone can beat your level.
Level 100+ isn't that hard.

mnobodeddd
mnobodeddd
392 posts
Nomad

First of all firetail_madness it was my friend who did it. And second of all it's hard to me so if you can get past level 100 I am awed by your awesomeness.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Getting to 100 is easy, if you build well.

I'm already rank 43 on this, my record is round 116.

Also, I found that it is crucial to get a monkey ace, monkey apprentice, and banana farm early on because they're all fantastic investments that'll help for a long time.

mnobodeddd
mnobodeddd
392 posts
Nomad

Wow thisisnotanalt! I'm awed by your awesomeness! And thanks for the tips.

DaMaster9000
DaMaster9000
349 posts
Nomad

I don't exactly have many tips that would help I guess except try to put the Boomerang tower near a curve so the boomerang will go along the track instead of just crossing it twice. Also, get banana farms ASAP (like someone said earlier). Thats all I really know.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Actually, starting off with tack towers are very good, you can hold it off until the MOABs start arriving, that's when you need other towers. (Fire ring melts everything)

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Rings of fire are great for popping the black, white and zebra balloons so you can get past their immunities. Rings of fire are like filters for bloons.

Mortars are good as a supplementary unit, but they're useless without the bloon buster upgrade.

SOYMASTER
SOYMASTER
1,098 posts
Nomad

ring of fire plus artic wind equals pop

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

My strategy is to cluster lots of sun gods and moab maulers at the start, then spread out lots of archmages, sun gods and monkey beacons further back. It's vital to bust BFBs and MOABs into regular balloons early on (sun gods and moab maulers do that, and fast) so that the tempest storms can pop 'em and send the survivors back to be destroyed either in-transit or after-arrival by the sun gods.

Showing 1-15 of 227