ForumsGamesnew bubble tanks.

86 21093
XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

What do you all think of the new bubble tanks. I love it. its controls are simple and its pretty easy.

• 86 Replies
Bloodshadow
Bloodshadow
66 posts
Nomad

What the...?!?! I clicked the game for a while. And now, at wave 125, the waves no longer came! The wave tablets for wave 125 and after are just stuck there, not moving! They only started moving when I clicked Start Waves.

Nume
Nume
362 posts
Nomad

Thats strange. On my run like I said it glitched at wave 12200 some which was annoying... just fyi also, in case you're wondering, the reason your good one had like 700000 more dmg than mine was that you were on the lvl with just 2 entrances, and were able to get 1 more dmg boost in (on mine it blocked the path so I couldn't), leading to the increase. I just wanted to clarify so people realize that the dmg you come with isnt random and is controllable.

Bloodshadow
Bloodshadow
66 posts
Nomad

I couldn't completely maximize my damage, because I used the first version of your guide, with one less Damage Booster and one more Reload Booster. I actually built two Reload Boosters, combined the towers, then replaced one Reload Booster with a Damage Booster. Then I saw the second version of your guide, and banged my head on my desk.

Oh well, I'll maximize my damage next time.

Nume
Nume
362 posts
Nomad

lol :P. Btw you dont ever want to have the reload boosters built into the megas, bc then they will hit more of the base towers than they need to. They only need to hit one, and its better to have pure dmg in the megas.

Nume
Nume
362 posts
Nomad

I cant figure out why but doing it on that map with just the 2 entrances, and what I assume is the exact setup you did, I cant get the damage over 24639652. It seems to be the exact same, except you inversed it, which I guess mustve somehow changed something, though I cant see how it possibly could have. Anyways... I wanted to see what max possible dmg was with ghost towers included so here that is:
http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/2813/bttd9.png
And my attempt to match/beat yours on the map with 2 entrances:
http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/7052/bttd10.png

Nume
Nume
362 posts
Nomad

Lol I figured out a way to top the dmg substantially, but its quite complicated. Here is a screenshot of it(I'm guessing yours being higher had something to do with the method I used to do this, and btw inversing made no difference):
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7285/bttd11.png
Here is what the setup was eventually, though it changed during... :
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5689/bttd12.png
Basically what I did was I put more dmg boost towers inside of it as I made mega towers, and after the mega tower was built I put back the splash tower. So like for example, before combining the lower left mega, I would delete the splash towers that are touching it and make them dmg boost towers, combine it, then put back the splash towers. It still "stores" the extra damage you got from boosting the base towers, increasing your end damage. So the order I did it was combine upper left, delete splash towers from lower right and replace with dmg, combine lower left, combine upper right, then put all the splash towers back in lower right and combine it. Worked out to giving over 25.3 million damage.

Nume
Nume
362 posts
Nomad

Lol just realized I made a slight error. I said over 25.3 million dmg bc when i combined the tower in the 2nd pic, thats what I got, but I accidentally forgot the sniper tower instead of splash in upper left so yeah thats why it was more then first pic lol, didnt have the range. But yeah first pic is including sniper, so you can get like 25.2 million damage doing what I said.

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

wow thats pretty intense i love it. i suck at that game):

Nume
Nume
362 posts
Nomad

I'm becomming semi obsessed with it... I love problem solving and trying to find the best possibla combo :P. Later I'll probably try to make the most ultimate ultimate dmg tower using the concept of boost storage if I can figure out how to use it better lol.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Quadruple posting for the lose.
What is your strategy for starting a round?

17dman
17dman
786 posts
Peasant

On unlimited I create a mega mega tower with all area boost max out the range and then all damage gets up in the millions and I skip up to wave 500 and it one hits everything until about wave 900 then I got bored 1200 and quit

Nume
Nume
362 posts
Nomad

Lol well I enjoy the whole maxing power thing so much I've hardly played normal lvls :P. But when I do, I generally start with about 5-10 reg towers, depending on the setup and situation, to make a decent initial patch for them to follow, then get an area burst, plus an area slow, toward the beginning. If its a lvl with ghosts i make at least 1 ghost splash tower where they will go over, then I continue building the path, upgrading towers as I go, again depending on the map and such. If its a hard one I make a juggling setup, like it says in game, and that way the only thing that is actually a threat is ghosts.

dsj00
dsj00
15 posts
Nomad

it is a very good game very funny and lol

Nume
Nume
362 posts
Nomad

I couldn't figure out how to get the dmg any higher using dmg storage with the normal method, but I did use the same method with ghost splash towers to get a pretty high dmg. Here it is:
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/6048/bttd13.png

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Only hits ghost units?

Showing 61-75 of 86