ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 255646
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
Lenovo
Lenovo
1 posts
Nomad

Good point

rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

Believing if its true in my own mind makes it right for me correct?

Only if you believe God exists only in your mind.
Dubness2
Dubness2
389 posts
Nomad

I believe he exists everywhere. He lives with in me also. I believe that is the the truth.

Chandler7
Chandler7
36 posts
Nomad

i can even feel the Holy spirit,
that proves he's real ,but people
will just deny and try to make
me look stupid. so ill pray for all
of you.

Dubness2
Dubness2
389 posts
Nomad

Indeed Chandler. Thats all we can do.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Well, when lots of water goes over dirt, it makes mud, and when mud covers bones, skeletons and such, (after it dries) it makes....
Fossels! *gasp*

Um no, fossils are not geological evidence of a global flood. The mathematics of the flood would require more water then exists on Earth. All the water on Earth equals to about 1,360,000,000 cubic kilometers. For the flood as described in the Bible to have happened we are talking about an extra 4,520,344,006 cubic kilometers of water. This is over 3 times the current amount of water on Earth.

According to the Bible the water came from God opening a window in heaven. That in itself makes no logical sense. So if we assume so it most likely came down like rain. This would be a rain fall that is over 118 times more inches a day then the heaviest ever recorded. It would have to do this for 40 days. Rain this heavy would blot out the sun killing all the planet life on the planet along with any life not on the ark. Also if it was rain water it would be fresh water. So nothing living in salt water would still be alive, unless you think Noah's ark could fit all of them as well.

We have to then ask where did all the water go? The Bible really isn't very clear here. Some assume it went underground, but if this was the case volcanoes wouldn't spew lava but water. So it couldn't have gone there. It couldn't go back up into the atmosphere because then our sun would still be blotted out.

I'm not even going to get into the logistics of the ark itself.

Besides all the math involved if your going to say the flood really happened you have to admit that God is a genocidal mass murderer on a scale never before seen by a human.

Believing if its true in my own mind makes it right for me correct?

No, for example I could hold up a blue pen and believe it's red. I could believe it so much that it really looks red to me, but that doesn't really make it red.

i can even feel the Holy spirit,
that proves he's real ,but people
will just deny and try to make
me look stupid. so ill pray for all
of you.

You were able to physically touch him? Yeah I know you really mean an emotional feeling. How can you tell that feeling is God? Without any evidence to back it up your only assume that it's God.
How Do I Tell It's God?
CB4
CB4
86 posts
Nomad

I know, i'm an idiot and i know you will somehow find a way to rip this argument apart and i know it has been said before but it is still fact, assuming God is real:

Acording to the bible, God is powerful beyond our understanding, we can not comprhend everything about God no matter how much we try. Becuase of this we christians know he can do things that are not ordinarily done, such as create the planets, split the sea, and so on and so forth.

Applying this to our arguments nullifies all Atheist arguments due to the fact that we believe that God can do things that are not normally possible (i.e a flood) no matter what science suggests. For instance i could (and do) nullify all your arguments in my mind with 'God can do things not normally possible.'

The problem here lies in the fact that you have to believe in God for our arguments to make sense, but the problem is that to those who do not believe in God, the very ones we are arguing withm, our arguments make no sense becuase of the fact that they do not believe in God. This prevents arguments from going anywhere because both sides believe that the other sides arguments make no sense.

Please note that this only happens in some cases: i.e the flood. There are many more cases where there are logical arguments to the athiest questions/claims such the one that started this topic. Also, more times than not (such as in the question that started the topic) the athiest does not completly understand Christians views and becuase of this ask a question that is easily disproved. Although, again, we look to the bible for our answers and the Atheists do not accept our arguments becuase we look to a source do they do not believe in, even though they are asking a question about the bible in the first place.

Anyway, just wanted to get that out there, not actually making an argument, just saying why this will get nowhere.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Applying this to our arguments nullifies all Atheist arguments due to the fact that we believe that God can do things that are not normally possible (i.e a flood) no matter what science suggests. For instance i could (and do) nullify all your arguments in my mind with 'God can do things not normally possible.'

So basically your going to believe the Bible regardless of what the evidence suggests or how illogical it is? This actually is one of the issues I have with religion and why I say it impedes learning. Also this nullifies our arguments about as much as sticking your fingers in your ears and saying "LA LA LA I'M NOT LISTENING" does.
CB4
CB4
86 posts
Nomad

Actually, my point was, from out point of view, it is logical, which prevents proper argument.

Also, this only happens in 1 out of 1000 cases, in 999 cases there are perfectly logical arguments for religon by 'scientific' standards.

Also, you started this by coming over and arguing your case, if you want to argue your case in our court, you do it via our rules. We believe God can do what is believed to be impossible, the fact is, if you want to convert anybody, your going to have to come up with logical arguments to why something can't happen when our 'believed' lord can do the impossible. I think that this ould be impossible, which is why many of these arguments are so futile.

deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

Mage kinda got you cweb. And you too CB4. Dream on chandler.

So basically your going to believe the Bible regardless of what the evidence suggests or how illogical it is? This actually is one of the issues I have with religion and why I say it impedes learning. Also this nullifies our arguments about as much as sticking your fingers in your ears and saying "LA LA LA I'M NOT LISTENING" does.

dammit magegaryfwolf! God told me science is a sin. Along with math, learning, reading, and educating myself. It is my holy duty to stop my self from learning anything that might challenge my bias belief!
cweb118
cweb118
77 posts
Nomad

Actually, my point was, from out point of view, it is logical, which prevents proper argument.

Yeah! Thats what I have been thinking, but I coulnd't think of the right words to put it in.

Because we belive in God, we don't question where the water went. God is God, he created logic, he doesn't have to be within its boundries.

Of course, we know that because we belive what the bible says. If you don't then you will have a harder time wraping your mind around it than I do.

MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Also, you started this by coming over and arguing your case, if you want to argue your case in our court, you do it via our rules. We believe God can do what is believed to be impossible, the fact is, if you want to convert anybody, your going to have to come up with logical arguments to why something can't happen when our 'believed' lord can do the impossible. I think that this ould be impossible, which is why many of these arguments are so futile.

As I have said before if God is to interact with this reality he would have to abide by the physical laws of this reality in order to exist here. So if God is as you say impossible then he couldn't possibly exist or interact in this reality. Also I'm not really looking to convert anyone. I debate these subjects because I find it to be good mental exercise for myself.

What makes it logical?

Logical: of, relating to, involving, or being in accordance with logic

Logic: a science that deals with the principles and criteria of validity of inference and demonstration : the science of the formal principles of reasoning

Since religion is completely faith based (believing without proof) then you have nothing to demonstrate or validate your claims.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Sorry for double post.

Because we belive in God, we don't question where the water went. God is God, he created logic, he doesn't have to be within its boundries.

If we question it it might not make any sense anymore.

Of course, we know that because we belive what the bible says. If you don't then you will have a harder time wraping your mind around it than I do.

No you don't know. Believing something and knowing something are different things. As I pointed out with Dubness2 statements.

Believing something to be true doesn't make it true.

No, for example I could hold up a blue pen and believe it's red. I could believe it so much that it really looks red to me, but that doesn't really make it red.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

God did not create logic because logic is a human philosophical construct. Saying that God created logic is like saying that God invented television, or teriyaki, or those mini weenies and meatballs people serve at New Year's parties.

Agoff1101
Agoff1101
49 posts
Nomad

well i don't mean to offend anyone but... god doesn't exist. Religion was created by people who couldn't explain certain things so they said GOD made it. Now we are advanced enough that there is nothing that cant be explained scientifically even if the scientific explanation is that its is a complete coincidence.
All things were created by chance and if you think god must be real because the odds are impossible that advanced life just happened by chance think of how big the universe is. it is infinitely big. Although the odds of all the right elements and energy to combine in the perfect place at the perfect time are a bazillion:1, there are over a bazillion places for this to happen, there are infinite places for it to happen.

Showing 196-210 of 1849