ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 255399
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
Dubness2
Dubness2
389 posts
Nomad

All that is left now is for everyone to agree to disagree.
Which is sad, because God says, "Go forth, and make disciples of all nations." (spread the Word of God and show His love to others) Which I've been trying to do, but its one of the most challenging obstacles I'll ever have to face.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Ahh the words I've been trying to say but couldn't find them. See God is spiritual. He does interact in the world Mage, through us.

So God takes control over us? Of course if you mean God only suggests things that we either agree or disagree to do then it's not really God doing these things but us. If God is interacting with us in order to get us to do something then we should be able to detect that interaction between the spiritual and physical. Since we can't even find any evidence that the spiritual even exists this pretty much rules out that possibility. So until we can find evidence of the spiritual existence possibly exists we can't say God is spiritual or interacts with us in that way.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Which is sad, because God says, "Go forth, and make disciples of all nations." (spread the Word of God and show His love to others) Which I've been trying to do, but its one of the most challenging obstacles I'll ever have to face.

I don't care if people believe in God, but don't follow the bible too closely. It has things in it such as "If a man marries a women who has had sex before him, she must be stoned to death."

Spread kindness and understanding before God.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Since we can't even find any evidence that the spiritual even exists this pretty much rules out that possibility. So until we can find evidence of the spiritual existence possibly exists we can't say God is spiritual or interacts with us in that way.

Because we haven't found possibilities of life other than us, we should think that there isn't any life at all? Not a very good reason.
Dubness2
Dubness2
389 posts
Nomad

So God takes control over us? Of course if you mean God only suggests things that we either agree or disagree to do then it's not really God doing these things but us. If God is interacting with us in order to get us to do something then we should be able to detect that interaction between the spiritual and physical. Since we can't even find any evidence that the spiritual even exists this pretty much rules out that possibility. So until we can find evidence of the spiritual existence possibly exists we can't say God is spiritual or interacts with us in that way.

But how do you detect the spirit? The only way I think is accepting Him into your heart.

I don't care if people believe in God, but don't follow the bible too closely. It has things in it such as "If a man marries a women who has had sex before him, she must be stoned to death."

Are you sure that wasn't in the old testament? It could've been a story from way back.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Old Testament is still the Bible, Dubness, even if it was 6000 years ago. Also, they take parts of the Bible that are unethical in modern society and either change them or remove them, such as the story of Lilith, the real first woman.

Dubness2
Dubness2
389 posts
Nomad

Old Testament is still the Bible, Dubness, even if it was 6000 years ago. Also, they take parts of the Bible that are unethical in modern society and either change them or remove them, such as the story of Lilith, the real first woman.

I never said it was there Freak. I was just wondering it could've been a command for the time being. Not an everlasting one. and about the women. Its all about what you believe in.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Because we haven't found possibilities of life other than us, we should think that there isn't any life at all? Not a very good reason.

Based on what we know of how life can form and where it can exist plus how many possible places there are for it to happen we can say there is a possibility of other life.

But what do we have besides some warm fuzzy feeling that could be anything to show us that the spiritual world exists?

I'm not saying things like God or a spirit are not possible just very unlikely.

If you don't use this process then how do you determine anything does or doesn't exist?
Dubness2
Dubness2
389 posts
Nomad

***never said it wasn't** I mean. Off topic side not: You know it would be nice to add an edit action onto the post so you won't have to make another post fixing your grammer/ wrong saying.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Based on what we know of how life can form and where it can exist plus how many possible places there are for it to happen we can say there is a possibility of other life.

That's for situations in which planets could be like ours. Is there evidence right now pertaining that there is life out there on other planets at this moment? No. Could there be possibilities of life? Yes. Same story goes for the one on the last page.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

That's for situations in which planets could be like ours. Is there evidence right now pertaining that there is life out there on other planets at this moment? No. Could there be possibilities of life? Yes. Same story goes for the one on the last page.

Actually no as observed with extremophiles life can exist in environment besides ones like that of a typical Earth environment. While it is true we haven't found any extraterrestrial life out there the likely hood of it existing is good. We can't say the same for things like God or spirits. We don't even have a very well defined definition of what these things are. So the likely hood of them existing are low.

It's possible there is no life out there. But based on what we can observe of how and where life can form it's unlikely.

It's possible God exists but everything that has been attributed to God has been given other more likely explanations then based on what we have observed it's unlikely.

It's possible the spiritual word exists but all we have to go on as evidence is some vague warm fuzzy feeling that could be anything so it's unlikely to exist.
wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

The whole creation happening in 6 days sounds utterly absurd to non-believers because it contradicts everything science has so far been able to prove. So, how can I convince a non-believer that what I believe is the truth. I can't. That's the mystery.

GOD's Spirit presented Himself to me in a real way at a time in my life when I was doubting the existence of GOD and I was doubting my salvation. If I had had a device to gauge magnetic energy, perhaps I could have recorded it. Still, what would that prove? My experience is my own just as my spiritual gifts are my own.

Everyone has to take there own journey to the Father, enlightenment, etc. I'm called to spread the good news, not proselytize. It's not my fault if I share what I've learned about GOD and His creation to someone who walks away, spits in my face, screams at me before slamming the door. All of these things have happened before but it didn't break my spirit or shake my faith. Don't take it personally, just always remember everyone has free will and remember what Jesus said," They don't reject
you they reject Me."

deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

Legitimate scientific proof, eh? I'm going to use a theory... which, by your logic, is a law so... Quantum physics and quantum mechanics. In these theories is a theory that states that anything could happen at any given time just by random chance. So, by random chance, everything became what it is today, and our memories were merely a part of that whole random occurrence. See where your law = theory statement is flawed?

I would Jesus facepalm you if the mods didn't delete my posts. Can you read? I'm serious. Can you read and understand English? Read my posts.

I go away to watch the Olympics and 30 posts come up.

It's not my fault if I share what I've learned about GOD and His creation to someone who walks away, spits in my face, screams at me before slamming the door.

You choose to knock on the door and bug people that really don't care. You choose to "spread the faith" to people. It is certainly your fault if you get rejected. You choose what to believe.
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

. I was just wondering it could've been a command for the time being. Not an everlasting one.

So now the word of God is temporary? People can pick and choose what rules to follow now?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

GOD's Spirit presented Himself to me in a real way at a time in my life when I was doubting the existence of GOD and I was doubting my salvation.

Guess the day I started doubting the existence of God he was busy making an appearance on a grill cheese sandwich or something.

If I had had a device to gauge magnetic energy, perhaps I could have recorded it. Still, what would that prove?

Without knowing more about what happened can't say. Unfortunately personal experiences can be flawed, this is why in science independent study and verification is so important. Also it would be nice if personal experience was useful evidence because it would make science a whole lot easier.
Showing 286-300 of 1849