ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 255992
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Gravity is a theory.

Actually, gravity is a law, just like the equal and opposite reaction law. What comes up must come down. Any explanation that naturally occurs is a law.

Can I ask ya'll a question? or maybe I should start a new thread on this... But what is your belief of the after life?

We lose our 5 senses, plus the use of our mind, and our lifeless body undergoes rigamortis, the process of stiffening and decaying of body matter. Essentially, once this is over with, we are basically ground. Sad, but true. At least we take it.
Xervicx
Xervicx
37 posts
Nomad

f you actually are christian than that means undoubtedly that you don't believe in science and then how do you explain anything made on the last hundred years? how do you think computers were made? or how the brain works?

Please... do not insult your fellow posters by putting asinine statements like that here, Agoff. Being Christian or believing in any kind of belief system does not make a person unable to believe in science. There are very few, if any Christians like that out there.

Don't be unnecessarily insulting with your posts. Not even the Puritans completely discarded the idea of science.
Dubness2
Dubness2
389 posts
Nomad

Ah crap, I meant YOU may or may not believe.. >

Agoff1101
Agoff1101
49 posts
Nomad

with God by my side I can stand strong.

are you serious?
Dubness2
Dubness2
389 posts
Nomad

are you serious?

Serious as a heart attack. I know he has plans for me.
Xervicx
Xervicx
37 posts
Nomad

Thank you for understanding. Its hard being the only one against all. But, (I may or may not believe in Him) with God by my side I can stand strong.

You are quite welcome. I am not saying that I believe in what you do, but I am saying that no matter what we believe in, our opinions should be looked at with the same amount of intelligent thought.

Actually, gravity is a law, just like the equal and opposite reaction law. What comes up must come down. Any explanation that naturally occurs is a law.

Gravity is only a law because, so far, we have not been able to disprove it yet. Who says that there isn't some strange condition that will make gravity not work for a brief moment? What if gravity is a cycle in the scenario I just mentioned? What then? What if gravity is actually very unstable, we just haven't experienced its instability yet?

I know that seemed like a lot of random questions, but they do have a point. There is also a suggested theory that there is anti-gravity. What does that do to our laws of gravity, eh?

And what about the laws that govern how energy is used? What if the energy available is limitless? Then it is impossible to place limits on how much or how little work can be produced, where energy goes, and how it is used.
Dubness2
Dubness2
389 posts
Nomad

By the way I started the Afterlife thread.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Yes I do agree with you about proof. And my proof is my God and my Bible.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/MageGrayWolf/infalliblebible-thumb.jpg

Enough said.

And I meant Science hasn't proved anything about Big Band or evolution. It only has its so called "theories" and such.

If you have a scientific theory you have a lot. Here's a site that can better explain.
http://wilstar.com/theories.htm

Please list them.

Just to name a few off the top of my head.

-A global flood (as I have shown already)
-Sickness being the result of demons
-The repopulation of all life on Earth from just two of each animal (or even seven depending on what part of the text you want to go by)

Actually gravity is both a law and theory.

are you serious?

From a purely psychological point of view yes he can. It's a psychosomatic response.
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

And the Big Band is based on theory? as well as evolution though? am I correct?

Actually, gravity is a law,

LAW=THEORY

They are the exact same thing. Both are proven hypothesis, tested by many scientists who got the the same result. If you have legitimate scientific proof against the Big Bang and Evolution, please I want to hear it. The bible is not a book of science, it is a book of theology.

Why were half my posts deleted?
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

God exists in a different form that can not be detected by any physical means. I believe that if there's a god, that there's no way to prove it. (In fact, if there's a god, that's how it is).

God doesn't cause the rain. God created the laws of the universe allowing it to rain. God may or may not have "tapped" the clouds to make them form the way they do when really it should have been sunny.

To all you atheists, there's no way to argue against this. It is absolutely impossible.

I had a friend who said he was going to start believing in vampires. I looked at him and said "You do know they don't exist right?"

"Yeah they do."

"There's no proof of their existance, so why beli... oh... right... God."

"Exactly."

Start showing some respect or I will lock this thread.

Xervicx
Xervicx
37 posts
Nomad

MageGrayWolf... that cycle defeats itself. It had to start somewhere, and with that, there is no starting point. THat's basically like trying to explain a game of rock, paper, scissors. "why does the paper beat rock?" because scissors beats paper. Doesn't make much sense, does it? Well neither does that cycle. I have seen that in many churches, and it is a highly flawed thing to use in any argument.

Here is the simple thing: If we do not know it is the word of God, then we can't possibly be completely sure that everything in the Bible is true. In that case, then the Bible telling us to do things isn't such a great reason to do things in the first place.

Besides, God did not send down a Bible for people to read. Ironically, even the Bible says that. People wrote it.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Gravity is only a law because, so far, we have not been able to disprove it yet. Who says that there isn't some strange condition that will make gravity not work for a brief moment? What if gravity is a cycle in the scenario I just mentioned? What then? What if gravity is actually very unstable, we just haven't experienced its instability yet?

Because as long as our atmosphere is intact, gravity will remain as it is. Gravity is a constant force that does not all of a sudden increase or decrease its potential. If you exit Terra, yes, gravity changes, because there isn't any! Again, it's a natural process.

I know that seemed like a lot of random questions, but they do have a point. There is also a suggested theory that there is anti-gravity. What does that do to our laws of gravity, eh?

Theory of anti-gravity as in no gravity? Space. Reverse gravity where everything floats up? It can happen if there is enough force from another celestial body that has a stronger gravitational pull than another's, sucking objects in. From that perspective, it would seem that the objects would be floating upwards.

And what about the laws that govern how energy is used? What if the energy available is limitless? Then it is impossible to place limits on how much or how little work can be produced, where energy goes, and how it is used.

What about them? The only law about energy is that matter cannot be created nor destroyed. What's to say about harnessing the power of matter to meet our needs?
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

God doesn't cause the rain

Of course not.

God created the laws of the universe allowing it to rain

You mean the laws of evaporating the water because of intense heat, allowing it to build up in the Troposphere, then allowing it to fall when the water droplets achieve a certain mass? It totally was God.

God may or may not have "tapped" the clouds to make them form the way they do when really it should have been sunny.

Tapped the clouds to make it rain because of weather patterns? Hey, as long as there is no evaporation occurring, it will always rain.

To all you atheists, there's no way to argue against this. It is absolutely impossible.

Agreed.

I had a friend who said he was going to start believing in vampires. I looked at him and said "You do know they don't exist right?"

There really is no biological limitations, so long as they don't break the bounds of reality itself. Vampires can exist, Warewolves can exist, hell, unicorns and pixies can exist, if they have the correct intact genes!
Xervicx
Xervicx
37 posts
Nomad

They are the exact same thing. Both are proven hypothesis, tested by many scientists who got the the same result.

LAW=THEORY

No. A law is not a theory, and a theory is not a law. A theory is something that has not been proven. Nor has a hypothesis, a guess, an estimate, or anything like that.

Legitimate scientific proof, eh? I'm going to use a theory... which, by your logic, is a law so... Quantum physics and quantum mechanics. In these theories is a theory that states that anything could happen at any given time just by random chance. So, by random chance, everything became what it is today, and our memories were merely a part of that whole random occurrence. See where your law = theory statement is flawed?

Theory of anti-gravity as in no gravity?

No. Anti-Gravity as a force that, in theory, exists as the opposite of Gravity... it is not a product of gravity, it is basically reverse gravity, existing completely separate of gravity. It is a theory that was brought about when scientists noticed that not only is the spreading of starts not slowing down... its acceleration is increasing. They then proposed that another force, Anti-Gravity, was in play.

What about them? The only law about energy is that matter cannot be created nor destroyed.

Actually, it is not the only one... but anyway, if energy is in a state of infinite quantity then that means that its supply is constantly growing, therefore breaking that "law" for energy that was made. Also, if energy is in infinite supply, then energy being destroyed would have no effect on the supply of energy, because the supply would be infinite. Infinity is not affected by numbers.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

God exists in a different form that can not be detected by any physical means. I believe that if there's a god, that there's no way to prove it. (In fact, if there's a god, that's how it is).

God doesn't cause the rain. God created the laws of the universe allowing it to rain. God may or may not have "tapped" the clouds to make them form the way they do when really it should have been sunny.

God in this case would have to either not exist or be in a state where he might as well not exist. If God does exist and interact with this world then it is possible to detect him and prove he exists.

"There's no proof of their existance, so why beli... oh... right... God."

If there is no proof that something exists then it's reasonable to assume it doesn't.

MageGrayWolf... that cycle defeats itself. It had to start somewhere, and with that, there is no starting point. THat's basically like trying to explain a game of rock, paper, scissors. "why does the paper beat rock?" because scissors beats paper. Doesn't make much sense, does it? Well neither does that cycle. I have seen that in many churches, and it is a highly flawed thing to use in any argument.

It's an example of the reasons used for the existence of the Biblical God. It's not self defeating it's meant to point out the flawed line of thinking. It's called circular reasoning.
Showing 256-270 of 1849