ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 254504
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
grimml
grimml
879 posts
Nomad

Ok, put it this way: You wanna die knowing you've been a greedy jerk all you're life, or that you've helped people and brightened up their life?

You can also do good if you don't believe...

I'm still half-and-half.

If you want to pray, okay I understand that. But don't pray just because you want to be on the safe side...
rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

I mean "shroud yourself in ignorance" (-BeastMode10)? There's nothing ignorant with following what your heart tells you to believe in.

Believing in something without facts is ignorance.

Science may have all the solid evidence, but there is plenty of evidence for the existence of God, too. That evidence may not be solid, but it is inside of you.

Please, explain.

That's because if there is a God then He's making you wrestle with that question in an attempt to convert your beliefs!

I for one, rarely ask myself that question and I never have felt the need to seriously consider his existence.

I used to be atheist, until the day I stumbled across a website that told the story of a lady who went through the same thing. I mean, that was IT. That's evidence enough, isn't it?

Evidence? Someone being unsure of something is evidence?

I mean, is a little prayer or two once in a while for good luck gonna do much harm?

No, but its not going to do much good. There are so manythings you and I could both do, they would not cause harm, but we don't do them.

Besides, if you die and find out God is real, well, then you're gonna be screwed!

The same could be said if you died and found out a different deity was real.

Ok, put it this way: You wanna die knowing you've been a greedy jerk all you're life, or that you've helped people and brightened up their life?

Helping people does not require a religion.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

[quote]Besides, if you die and find out God is real, well, then you're gonna be screwed!

The same could be said if you died and found out a different deity was real.[/quote]

True also keep in mind the odds. There are around 10,000 different religion in the world. This means Christianity has about a 0.01% chance of being right. Now let's say Christianity is right there are nearly 34,000 denominations of Christianity. So your chances of being right drop even more to around 0.002%.

Unless your planning on converting to everything the argument of "just in case" fails hard.
softin
softin
55 posts
Nomad

funny christains who try to argue their logic that makes no sense makes me lol...

BeastMode10
BeastMode10
374 posts
Nomad

There's nothing ignorant with following what your heart tells you to believe in

There is something inherently ignorant about abandoning what your eyes and brain tell you to believe in. Also, the heart is an organ that pumps blood, unlike the brain. If you want to follow what your cardiovascular system tells you, then by all means feel free to do so.
justaroundthecorner
justaroundthecorner
78 posts
Nomad

There is something inherently ignorant about abandoning what your eyes and brain tell you to believe in. Also, the heart is an organ that pumps blood, unlike the brain. If you want to follow what your cardiovascular system tells you, then by all means feel free to do so.
Dude, chill it out. If you don't know what I mean, you must be so nerdy and formal you're dumb.

justaroundthecorner
justaroundthecorner
78 posts
Nomad

Believing in something without facts is ignorance.
ig·no·rantâ â/ËɪgnÉrÉnt/ Show Spelled[ig-ner-uhnt] Show IPA
â"adjective
1.lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.
2.lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.
3.uninformed; unaware.
4.due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.
Dictionary.Com doesn't say so (and Dictionary.com does not lie). Ok, you might say the Christians believing somehow relates to "lack knowledge" or "are not aware of", and it probably does. But by saying this you prove your own ignorance. Have you ever thought how a Christian or someone who believes in more than just science, math, biology, etc. would think of you? To a believer you are ignorant. To you the believer is ignorant. The believer thinks he's right and the atheist is wrong, and the atheis thinks he's right and the christian's wrong. They can fight like little kids until the end of time, and no one will win if we just thrown insults at each other. Then we'll look back on it and think it was a waste of time, and it will be if we keep mindlessly insulting each other. That, my friend, is the way YOU are ignorant...

Please, explain
Coincidence was once an innocent word, just like all others. Then the atheists came along and overused it. Now it's and excuse atheists use to dismiss miracles made by God.
You could call a miracle by God coincidence, because you would think it needed to be a "fair scientific experiment". But I'm pretty sure religion was meant for the believers to serve the deity and receive help back, not the other way around... So it's pretty obvious why God or Buddha or whoever doesn't want to perform miracles over and over again for half the world. See, the first day I decided to ask God in my heart, He appeared in my dreams and spoke to me. The first day I went to church and prayed their, He spoke to me again and showed me the way to this place I wanted to go really badly. Coincidence? The chances of that happening as a coincidence are just as slim as the chance of believing "just in case" and getting the right religion like MageGrayWolf says.

rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

Dictionary.Com doesn't say so (and Dictionary.com does not lie). Ok, you might say the Christians believing somehow relates to "lack knowledge" or "are not aware of", and it probably does. But by saying this you prove your own ignorance. Have you ever thought how a Christian or someone who believes in more than just science, math, biology, etc. would think of you? To a believer you are ignorant. To you the believer is ignorant. The believer thinks he's right and the atheist is wrong, and the atheis thinks he's right and the christian's wrong. They can fight like little kids until the end of time, and no one will win if we just thrown insults at each other. Then we'll look back on it and think it was a waste of time, and it will be if we keep mindlessly insulting each other. That, my friend, is the way YOU are ignorant...

ig·no·rance
â â/ËɪgnÉrÉns/ Show Spelled[ig-ner-uhns] Show IPA
â"noun
the state or fact of being ignorant; lack of knowledge, learning, information, etc.

You sir, are more ignorant than I.

Coincidence was once an innocent word, just like all others. Then the atheists came along and overused it. Now it's and excuse atheists use to dismiss miracles made by God.
You could call a miracle by God coincidence, because you would think it needed to be a "fair scientific experiment". But I'm pretty sure religion was meant for the believers to serve the deity and receive help back, not the other way around... So it's pretty obvious why God or Buddha or whoever doesn't want to perform miracles over and over again for half the world. See, the first day I decided to ask God in my heart, He appeared in my dreams and spoke to me. The first day I went to church and prayed their, He spoke to me again and showed me the way to this place I wanted to go really badly. Coincidence? The chances of that happening as a coincidence are just as slim as the chance of believing "just in case" and getting the right religion like MageGrayWolf says.

I meant please explain the proof in Christianity.
And I have had a dream of Odin giving me uber myth creatures in Age of Mythology, but it did not happen.
justaroundthecorner
justaroundthecorner
78 posts
Nomad

You sir, are more ignorant than I.
Yes, perhaps in a way. In a different way however...
I meant please explain the proof in Christianity.
ah, very good question. the proof in Christianity is not public proof...it lies in personal experiences. obviously, if no miraculous thing has occured in your life, you wouln't believe in God. However, if you did have a few miracles in your life, you would. it's a matter of what you've been through.
And I have had a dream of Odin giving me uber myth creatures in Age of Mythology, but it did not happen.
Yeah, and did you pray that night? Did you ask Odin (whoever he is) into your heart, or ask any all-powerful being to give you them? I think not, sir.

BeastMode10
BeastMode10
374 posts
Nomad

Dude, chill it out. If you don't know what I mean, you must be so nerdy and formal you're dumb.

What...? I'm sorry if my superior intelligence daunts you. How about you start chillin' and stop posting like you're POed? *cough* hypocrit what?

Coincidence was once an innocent word, just like all others

An innocent word that evangalists use interchangeably with "miracle". A miracle is pretty much a coincidence that religious followers mistakened for a "sign".
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

You could call a miracle by God coincidence, because you would think it needed to be a "fair scientific experiment". But I'm pretty sure religion was meant for the believers to serve the deity and receive help back, not the other way around... So it's pretty obvious why God or Buddha or whoever doesn't want to perform miracles over and over again for half the world. See, the first day I decided to ask God in my heart, He appeared in my dreams and spoke to me. The first day I went to church and prayed their, He spoke to me again and showed me the way to this place I wanted to go really badly. Coincidence? The chances of that happening as a coincidence are just as slim as the chance of believing "just in case" and getting the right religion like MageGrayWolf says

Science whould be able to prove it. If we stick a Cristian and an aithiest in similar buildings with similar training, then there going to have the same chance of excaping a fire, if there was a god, then the Cristian whould have a better chance. But fires happen more to Cristians (atleast in the U.S) so more Cristians die, mainly because there is more of them then anything else. If what you said was true then every Cristian who got cancer, was in a fire, had a broken arm, or died whould be immune to said thing but obviosly are not.
justaroundthecorner
justaroundthecorner
78 posts
Nomad

An innocent word that evangalists use interchangeably with "miracle". A miracle is pretty much a coincidence that religious followers mistakened for a "sign".
I told you it's and excuse that atheists use to put off miracles. YOU JUST DID IT! Besides, like you know everything... how can you be sure that a miracle ain't coincidence?
Science whould be able to prove it. If we stick a Cristian and an aithiest in similar buildings with similar training, then there going to have the same chance of excaping a fire, if there was a god, then the Cristian whould have a better chance. But fires happen more to Cristians (atleast in the U.S) so more Cristians die, mainly because there is more of them then anything else. If what you said was true then every Cristian who got cancer, was in a fire, had a broken arm, or died whould be immune to said thing but obviosly are not.
Can you read things the first time? Look, imagine if YOU were God. Would you want your people to grow spoiled and childish? If He saved us from every danger, then we would grow clumsy and stupid. It wouldn't matter if we accidently left the stove on, because God would fix it. It would ruin the point of life, and certainly the point of creating a race of humans. No, God doesn't help us 24/7 to insure discipline, caution, and wisdom.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

I told you it's and excuse that atheists use to put off miracles. YOU JUST DID IT! Besides, like you know everything... how can you be sure that a miracle ain't coincidence?

How do you think its an excuse? Do you have proof a diety saved you? If it was your diety, then why whould the house set of fire in the first place?

Can you read things the first time? Look, imagine if YOU were God. Would you want your people to grow spoiled and childish? If He saved us from every danger, then we would grow clumsy and stupid. It wouldn't matter if we accidently left the stove on, because God would fix it. It would ruin the point of life, and certainly the point of creating a race of humans. No, God doesn't help us 24/7 to insure discipline, caution, and wisdom.

Aparently he can grant wisdom, and we whould not need any of the other stuff. The Cristain god pictures you as slaves or pets. If I was god and treated my people like that I whould give people safty and such in return, as I do with my pets. Obviosly if he existed and was all loving then why whouldn't he help?
justaroundthecorner
justaroundthecorner
78 posts
Nomad

What...? I'm sorry if my superior intelligence daunts you. How about you start chillin' and stop posting like you're POed? *cough* hypocrit what?

What does POed mean?
And how am i a hypocrit? At least i gave an explanation to how you atheists are hypocrits.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

You could call a miracle by God coincidence, because you would think it needed to be a "fair scientific experiment". But I'm pretty sure religion was meant for the believers to serve the deity and receive help back, not the other way around.

We have yet to see anything significant to suggest divine intervention.

If what you said was true then every Cristian who got cancer, was in a fire, had a broken arm, or died whould be immune to said thing but obviosly are not.

For what he is saying to even be plausible it wouldn't even require them to be immune we should just see a significantly higher success rate. Beside even with his example of a family escaping a fire is a pretty lame miracle for such an omnipotent being. Considering he could have prevented the fire from starting in the first place so the family wouldn't have to escape.

See, the first day I decided to ask God in my heart, He appeared in my dreams and spoke to me. The first day I went to church and prayed their, He spoke to me again and showed me the way to this place I wanted to go really badly. Coincidence? The chances of that happening as a coincidence are just as slim as the chance of believing "just in case" and getting the right religion like MageGrayWolf says.

You are way off here. Hearing voices in your head and having dreams aren't that uncommon, considering you have an admitted emotional and psychological bias to thinking God is real it would stand to reason your own mind would create constructs of that. Just because you had a dream and heard a voice in your head of something you already thought and felt was real doesn't make it real. All of it was most likely just your own subconsciousness. So not only are you taking what I said completely out of context, the odds aren't even in the same ball park.

Think about it you thought God was real, you had a strong feeling he was real so you ended up having a dream that he was real. Later one perhaps still effected by that dream, because it was just So amazing that God visited you and the current environment you were in (a church)your imagination would be geared for thinking that way. You again this time in a waking state hear Gods voice telling you how to go about getting something you really wanted. Coincidence? Not really needed. I would almost be more surprised if it didn't happen.
Showing 421-435 of 1849