ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 255505
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

........ really

No, not really. It was actualy the mighty onion! The onion god has created everything. His greatist gift was the onion, an immage of himself, a gift so great you cry tears of joy when you cut into it, all hail the onion!
ugalover132
ugalover132
28 posts
Nomad

........ ok yea

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

how do u accept some one when they reject you????

Did you read what I said? Not only is your reply only semi-relevant, but what I would do as an imperfect human wouldn't matter, because God is perfect. Infinite forgiveness denotes that he would accept someone who rejected him, because he's infinitely forgiving and infinitely loving.

they rejected him he wont excepet them.

Then God is imperfect, finite, and unforgiving, and therefore not a god at all.

Do you even understand what I'm saying? Your replies make me think you don't understand what I'm saying.
ugalover132
ugalover132
28 posts
Nomad

Do you even understand what I'm saying? Your replies make me think you don't understand what I'm saying.
yes i do

and to
they rejected him he wont excepet them.

Then God is imperfect, finite, and unforgiving, and therefore not a god at all.
how do you know what perfect is ? and he is
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Perfection is relitive. And if he was, then why, AS BEEN SAID A TONE OF TIMES BEFORE, then why whould you need to warship him and to say he exists?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

God is not a being of no compasion to send his son to die for us is a lot of compasion

Sending his son to be tortured and die as the only way he could forgive us for something our ancestor did and that we didn't even have a part in hardly sounds like compassion to me.

to go to hell is a choice of man not of God yes he sends us their but it is beacuse we do not heed his warnings.

It is still eternal suffering for a finite transgression regardless of what we do while alive.

No evadince? look around this is not all a coincidence God made the trees the grass the sky ect.

Non of that is evidence for God. First off the evidence suggests non of those things were made, just as snowflakes aren't made. Even if they were made there is no evidence that God did it (sorry the Bible isn't evidence). Again assuming all this was made based on the evidence it could just as easily be space aliens, The Flying Spaghetti Monster, or the Might Onion.

he is not vein for wanting our worship when he is the reason we are alive.

I would consider any parent vein for demanding there child spend there life worshiping them, especially a being who is suppose to be above all such petty things such as worship.

how do u accept some one when they reject you????

With love.

Again I wonder how my limited humans self compares to the limitlessness of God.

I wouldn't demand or punish my children for not worshiping me. I would find such an act pointless. Even if my children chose to rejected me as there father I would still accept them and love them. I sure as, well, hell not send them to suffer for it.

God: Not worshiping and/or rejection means eternal suffering.
BeastMode10
BeastMode10
374 posts
Nomad

We understand him but we cant understand his power

I thought the default Christian excuse was "We can't understand God's mysterius ways. Ooooooh". What do you not understand: his power or his ways? Or maybe, you just don't understand him at all, because he doesn't exist and is completely made-up!
justaroundthecorner
justaroundthecorner
78 posts
Nomad

I thought the default Christian excuse was "We can't understand God's mysterius ways. Ooooooh". What do you not understand: his power or his ways? Or maybe, you just don't understand him at all, because he doesn't exist and is completely made-up!

Yup, that is completely right.
Now, i wouldn't go around saying that i could understand such an all-powerful, all-loving diety, would i?
Yeah. and nor should you.
we understand God just as much as you understand science. we know His past deeds, we have a general basis around what His will is. isn't that the same for science? You know past scientists, you know a fraction of what it is telling you (ex/ evolution is apparently the way humans were created, but you don't know what lies beyond our galaxy/solar system/whatever). so before going around saying christians don't fully understand God, look at yourself bc you don't fully understand science, either, Mr. Hypocrit.
ugalover132
ugalover132
28 posts
Nomad

he doesn't exist and is completely made-up!
If that's your opinion.
I would consider any parent vein for demanding there child spend there life worshiping them, especially a being who is suppose to be above all such petty things such as worship.

God: Not worshiping and/or rejection means eternal suffering.
No you don't have to "worship" him, you don't have to bow down you just have to trust in him and believe that Jesus died on the cross for your sins.

Perfection is relitive. And if he was, then why, AS BEEN SAID A TONE OF TIMES BEFORE, then why whould you need to warship him and to say he exists?
No its not and beside that you don't have to do all of theis things but we all know the punishment.

so before going around saying christians don't fully understand God, look at yourself bc you don't fully understand science, either, Mr. Hypocrit.
i can see where this is going but their is as much proof as the "big bang" as their is of God so you tell me something where did the big bang come from hmm?

*sigh* uneducated... you guys should get all the facts before debating on the internet apparently you all have been arguing with idiotic Christians who don't know how to represent Christ. God is love he is perfect he didn't make us perfect. Hope you guys will figure that out eventually.
TrainJumpa
TrainJumpa
122 posts
Nomad

No no no no! Adam and Eve! Lucifer(AKA Satan) was an angel, and when his heart was filled with greed he got turned away from heaven(Too sum it up in the short) and he tempted Adam And Eve to eat from a tree God had told them not to, they disobeyed, curses were put on the Earth, and thus for, sin was created by man with the help of the Devil.

Sorry it didn't sound too professional, but I wanted to sum it up, it really can be a very good and long study.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

Perfection is [sic] relitive.

I don't think either the theist or the non theist would want to assent to this statement, at least not when trying to define God's qualities. There may be different aspects of perfection, but the concept is still an absolute. It is the absolute perfect nature of God that allows Him to exist independently.

Here are two fairly standard ways of defining this:
1) A property can be perfect if it has not flaws (i.e., a perfect circle)
2) Something can be perfect if it isn't lacking anything

Both 1 and 2 can be combined to get us to a definition of God. But really, we can just focus on specific qualities. The current discussion is on God being able to do anything that is logically possible (omnipotence) and being all-loving (omnibenevolent). If there is something that is logically possible that God cannot do, or if God has a flaw in His capacity to love, then we have a contradiction with how God is defined.

we understand God just as much as you understand science. we know His past deeds, we have a general basis around what His will is. isn't that the same for science? You know past scientists, you know a fraction of what it is telling you (ex/ evolution is apparently the way humans were created, but you don't know what lies beyond our galaxy/solar system/whatever). so before going around saying christians don't fully understand God, look at yourself bc you don't fully understand science, either, Mr. Hypocrit.

First, I would like to point out this is a tu quoque argument. Second, as tu quoque arguments go, this one is just awful. Comparing our understanding of God to our understanding of science is about as bad of an analogy as they come.
Science is a descriptive field of study, meaning it describes the way the world is and how it functions.
God's word is normative, telling us how we should behave rather than how we do behave.
Also, what the hell does it even mean to "understand science"? That's like saying that you understand red. Or better yet, it's like saying that you understand math. You can't actually understand math, you can only understand principles and theorems of math. Nobody understands the entirety of the concept of math.
When we say we are trying to understand God, what we mean is that we want to rectify the supposed qualities of God which seem to be at odds with the world around us. So pointless suffering, for example, is something we need to understand with respect to God.

But the simple fact is that science doesn't claim infallibility, nor does it try to tell us how things should be. Science is merely a tool, a means to an end, to understanding the world around us. God is something entirely different.
If the theist wants to say, regarding the problem of evil, that we just can't understand God's ways, that's fine with me. I don't really care to understand God, because I don't believe in Him. But if the theist wants to maintain a coherent set of beliefs and at least appear rational to the rest of the world, then he or she needs to recognize these problems and at least cognitively interact with them, rather than just tossing them aside.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

If that's your opinion.

*facepalm* You can't have opinion on what is fact. It whould be like me saying "if I drop this apple it will head twords earth" and you saying "well thats your opinion" it whould be obvios your a dunce. This is not a matter of opinion.

i can see where this is going but their is as much proof as the "big bang" as their is of God so you tell me something where did the big bang come from hmm?

False. The big bang has evidince supporting it. Name one thing that supports any gods existane.

*sigh* uneducated... you guys should get all the facts before debating on the internet apparently you all have been arguing with idiotic Christians who don't know how to represent Christ. God is love he is perfect he didn't make us perfect. Hope you guys will figure that out eventually.

If your god existed then why didn't he tell them what to say? Your saying he has infinite love, but he punishes us for what our ansestors did. You say he is infinitly knologeable,aka omniciant, but he was able to be tricked by the devil. You say he is all loving, but he left no reason to believe and tosses you in the fire if you don't, and apparently he had to kill his son to be able to forgive our ancestors, And maney more. Now could you please give actual, backed up, non sentimental, logic answers?
justaroundthecorner
justaroundthecorner
78 posts
Nomad

Nobody understands the entirety of the concept of math.

Exaaaaactly.
Same applies for science.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

I know what perfect is because the dictionary tells me so. And it says in the Bible that God is perfect - perfect is a human concept, a human word, and therefore God is based on that human concept and human word. So yes, I know what perfect is, and I know that if there is a hell God sends bad people to, God is imperfect and therefore not a God, which contradicts the terms of his existence, making him nonexistent.
ShadowWave
ShadowWave
482 posts
Nomad

Nobody understands the entirety of the concept of math
[quote]Exaaaaactly.
Same applies for science.

i agree cus i'm the smartest in my class
and hardly anyone understands maths.
Showing 481-495 of 1849