ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 255426
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

My contribution

Which in either case does not prove that believing in god is rational?!?

Have we defined rational yet? To some believing in God is rational, to others not believing in God is rational. It's subjective.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Have we defined rational yet?

having or using reason so what is the definition of reason would be the better question.

reason
a basis for a belief or action.
to think or argue in a logical manner
to form a conclusion from facts or premises.

Belief for beliefs sake has no basis. The Bible says it's real so it's real isn't what I would call logical or a very good basis. Personal experience while closer to to being reasonable goes unexamined, as such any conclusions can easily result in being highly flawed.
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Hmm. I am not going to bother reading through 123 pages of crap I used to be christian. I think I still am, but my atagonistic side has mostly taken over.
It is said that God created all, Including Lucifer. Lucifer was one of the best angels, but he got jealous. God gave free will. It is like the movie The Invention of Lying. Just because the world was so truthful and good doesn't mean that someone somewhere can't do differently. (and btw, the world wouldn't be what it was today if there wasn't any lying, so that was a total contradiction of the movie >.&gt You can believe who you want to believe in. If God is real, I don't think he would punish you if you were misguided or not guided in any direction at all. There are some things that science can't explain, and there are people who would refuse to believe that they can't do something on their own. So it is at an impasse. A stalemate. Get it people?! Believe what you want! It is your choice and you can't change people only with words! No one will ever know for sure. It is just a continuos cycle of fighting over what you think is right! It is pointless. And Stupid. Someone agreed with you, Whoopdy friggin doo. Just get over the fact that someone is different!

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

You can believe who you want to believe in.

Yep, but far to often it goes much further then that. This also doesn't mean we shouldn't challenge or question beliefs either.

There are some things that science can't explain, and there are people who would refuse to believe that they can't do something on their own. So it is at an impasse.

Does this mean we should just stop seeking the truth or looking for explanations? What of the explanations we have found that are flat out ignored because of a religious beliefs, or even worse attempted to be silenced.

Just because we haven't found an answer yet doesn't mean there isn't one and it doesn't mean "god did it".
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Some people will say that there is a one in a billion chance that some big rock hit this rock and got another rock to rotate around the other rock because it was so big. You can't PROVE it. So there isn't a point. Unless you want to go back in time and figure this all out for yourself just so you can know the explination. You don't always need one you know? It is almost like being told not to touch the stove when it is on, but because you want to know, you touch it anyways. You learned the hard way, causing pain on yourself. If you try it with religion, you will hurt more than yourself.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Some people will say that there is a one in a billion chance that some big rock hit this rock and got another rock to rotate around the other rock because it was so big.

What? I'm guessing your talking about planetary formation or possibly the formation of a solar system. Either way that's not what anyones saying.

You can't PROVE it.

If your looking for absolute 100% proven then no, but we can have such a high degree of certainty that we can regard it as true.

You don't always need one you know?

Yes I do, especially when someone is telling me that some super powered being did it. If that's the truth I defiantly want to know.

It is almost like being told not to touch the stove when it is on, but because you want to know, you touch it anyways. You learned the hard way, causing pain on yourself.

We can learn without causing pain as well by just feeling the heat coming off it. We can observe the effects touching it has had on another person.

If you try it with religion, you will hurt more than yourself.

Religion doesn't get special treatment and not get questions and scrutinized like everything else.
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

WHY DO YOU MAKE IT YOUR FRIGGIN PROBLEM?! GO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT BESIDES POSTING IT ON A FORUM! anything that I say, you will more than likely disagree with. And on the first quote, i said SOME people will say. Doesnt mean they have to be on here SMARTA**

deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

WHY DO YOU MAKE IT YOUR FRIGGIN PROBLEM?! GO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT BESIDES POSTING IT ON A FORUM! anything that I say, you will more than likely disagree with. And on the first quote, i said SOME people will say. Doesnt mean they have to be on here SMARTA**

U mad?

lol

Some people will say that there is a one in a billion chance that some big rock hit this rock and got another rock to rotate around the other rock because it was so big. You can't PROVE it.

The geology and shape of the Earth begs to differ. Along with physics. Short version: the sun ignited and spread heavy elements like nickel, iron, and gold into our solar system. These elements at high temps began to bond and form large liquid deposits. they condensed into a sphere and gained mass by attracting asteroids. The giant mass of liquid nickel and iron cooled and formed basically a large rock that orbits the sun.
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

U mad?

Very.
I would try to look up all of the stuff on that, but I would wind up being fustrated even more, because we do not hold all of the answers. I don't know what does, but I hope something is out there that does. Cause I really would like to know. But I won't bother now because we don't.
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

I would try to look up all of the stuff on that, but I would wind up being fustrated even more

Aka: I'm lazy and I know I'm wrong. Its best to be ignorant.

because we do not hold all of the answers. I don't know what does, but I hope something is out there that does. Cause I really would like to know. But I won't bother now because we don't.

I kinda gave you a good explanation. Most people in the scientific community will agree with me.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

WHY DO YOU MAKE IT YOUR FRIGGIN PROBLEM?!

Having a bad day?
I'm not making it my problem as I said it's a matter of finding to truth. If it turns out there is a god fine. Based on how that god is I might or might not follow that god, but I would like to know. But don't tell me there is then just expect me to not question the claim and ask for the proof.

GO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT BESIDES POSTING IT ON A FORUM!

My goals here aren't to try and convince others but to challenge myself. This is a section of a forum set up just for debate in a thread started to talk about and challenge the topic of religion so of course I will post here. Anyway what makes you think it's just here?

i said SOME people will say. Doesnt mean they have to be on here SMARTA**

Seeing as you were talking about proving it I figured you were speaking of what the scientific theory is stating and that wasn't it. Oh, and it's not just my @$$ that's smart.
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Having a bad day?

Yes. You sound alot like my sister when we fight, and I kinda got in that 'attitude' that I must disagree with everything you say. And I shouldn't of used bad language. Idk why I did. I was just venting I guess.

Aka: I'm lazy and I know I'm wrong. Its best to be ignorant.

Ahem. I am lazy. Very much so. But I do not say that I am wrong. XP

I kinda gave you a good explanation. Most people in the scientific community will agree with me.

I'm sure they do. And it is a good explanation, it's just that I want to know what atoms are made of. And you might say it depends on which type of atom. And then I would say oxygen or something, and you might possible list what it is. but then I would ask what THAT was made of. if you could answer me that would be nice., I have never met any1 with an answer to that.
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

I want to know what atoms are made of.

A nucleus composed of protons and neutrons surrounded by an electron cloud. Fairly basic chemistry. All atoms are made up of those particles. The only difference between elements are the mass of the nucleus, and the number and positioning of the electrons in the electron shells.

but then I would ask what THAT was made of. if you could answer me that would be nice., I have never met any1 with an answer to that.

Quorks *idk on spelling* People with subatomic particle colliders know all about these. Quantum Physics get complicated here. String Theory suggests that every thing is a particle that vibrates. So on the Quork level we see things like Gravitrons, photons, and particles that represent kinds of Energy according to the String Theory....
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Hmm. You seem to know alot about this stuff.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Cause I really would like to know. But I won't bother now because we don't.

The point of bothering is to know and to expand that collective knowledge. When learning to walk you don't just sit there and say I'm not moving until I can run. You start by first rolling then crawling then eventually as you build on this movement you get to walking and even running.

Quorks *idk on spelling*

*Quarks
Showing 1201-1215 of 1849