ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 255602
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
Dubness2
Dubness2
389 posts
Nomad

Some one fell asleep during chemistry class... You can find the age of most organic material by the amount of carbon-14 it has left. For example. Suppose a living tree branch has 5 grams of carbon-14. The fossil branch has .32 grams If you know the half life of carbon-14 you can calculate how old things are.

Actually we haven't even touch on it. I'm in the class right now. :P (Junior in high school)

Peter's tomb wasn't proven by science >_<. The Vatican built their St. Peter's Ballistica on the tomb.

They were digging their first before they found it then they built it over it If I'm thinking correctly. :/

Science has proven most biblical concepts wrong. I think you and I both know the examples that I'm referring to.

Please list them.
Xervicx
Xervicx
37 posts
Nomad

And I meant Science hasn't proved anything about Big Band or evolution. It only has its so called "theories" and such.

Religions, by their own definitions, are theories in themselves. Every single belief system is a theory. It can't be proven in any sense of that word.

Here is a fact though: When you use energy, work is done. Thank you science! Not only that, but oxygen is in the air we breathe, electricity can actually make devices work, things that are heated to a certain point melt, humans can't breathe in space. Thank you, scientific facts.

Those above things have been proven.
Agoff1101
Agoff1101
49 posts
Nomad

Well no it's not entirely by chance. You mix certain compounds together under the right conditions your going to end up with what we have.

yea i know but it is easier to explain if i say its by chance
Dubness2
Dubness2
389 posts
Nomad

Religions, by their own definitions, are theories in themselves. Every single belief system is a theory. It can't be proven in any sense of that word.

Ah yea no arguing there. Some ones belief is a theory. so I guess it is us Christians, We have our own theory to people who look at our beliefs. Which I respect. All I can do is try and change their minds. :/
Xervicx
Xervicx
37 posts
Nomad

yea i know but it is easier to explain if i say its by chance

I'd actually like to use that statement for a moment, if I may.

People consistently throughout history disliked anything new, especially in the area of scientific development. What wasn't already known and taught in the Bible or in religious teachings was something that was not worth investigating for many.

For example, early people, in the age of knights and kings, would be terrified of "wizards" who would be able to do things and had knowledge that most of society did not posses. It was easier for these people to be kept in the dark, so that is why they never investigated anything. These "wizards" just had more scientific knowledge than the rest of the people.

This trend would continue, even if it started to become a little more relaxed. People eventually would not wish to consider the possibility of other life forms, or evolution, or other scientific things like that because it was simpler to just believe in the literal translations of the Bible, and to not pay any thought to anything else. Therefore, anyone who attempted to show others this knowledge was a person others would fight against.

This was because it was easier to just not think about anything that to actually ponder. It is also the same reason why philosophers were often shunned by society.
Dubness2
Dubness2
389 posts
Nomad

Um Deagle, that picture is a fail. Bottom right hand corner it says moti fake. Thats all.

Creationism, Historic events, Acts of God, water into wine, walking on water, reviving the dead, parting water, healing blindness, lepers, and cripples, and the Flood. Need more?

Ok ok. I can't argue anymore about science vs. God and Bible because its not going anywhere. But those that you've listed. They are true to me and millions of other followers of Christ. I guess its just what you believe in right?

And the Big Band is based on theory? as well as evolution though? am I correct?
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Ah yea no arguing there. Some ones belief is a theory. so I guess it is us Christians, We have our own theory to people who look at our beliefs. Which I respect. All I can do is try and change their minds. :/

A theory is based on evidince. If anyting riligion is a hypothosis. If I go out in the rain and notice its raining, then say "I think god made it rain..." then thats a poor hypothosis. If I go out side, take samples of the rain, go into a cloud and take samples, then do experements with water, then say " I think water condenced in the sky...... " then thats a theory that could eventualy turn into a law.... but on topic, riligion is not a theory, its a poor hypothosis.
Dubness2
Dubness2
389 posts
Nomad

A theory is based on evidince. If anyting riligion is a hypothosis. If I go out in the rain and notice its raining, then say "I think god made it rain..." then thats a poor hypothosis. If I go out side, take samples of the rain, go into a cloud and take samples, then do experements with water, then say " I think water condenced in the sky...... " then thats a theory that could eventualy turn into a law.... but on topic, riligion is not a theory, its a poor hypothosis.

To you it may be. And others obviously. To us Christians. Its not. Its the only way to salvation with God in the after life.
Dubness2
Dubness2
389 posts
Nomad

Can I ask ya'll a question? or maybe I should start a new thread on this... But what is your belief of the after life?

Xervicx
Xervicx
37 posts
Nomad

"A theory is based on evidince."

Actually.... no. A hypothesis is something that requires evidence first. A hypothesis is an educated guess, where you use evidence to predict a cause or a pattern, etc.

A theory can require absolutely no fact whatsoever. For example, the theories on how time travel would be possible, not how it would occur, I mean through paradoxes and such, these are all truly theories.

A hypothesis has a lot more evidence behind it.

To you it may be. And others obviously. To us Christians. Its not. Its the only way to salvation with God in the after life.

No, you are wrong if you speak for most Christians. It is not religion that is your salvation. It is your religion that is supposed to be the key to salvation. Not only that, but apparently believing isn't enough. You have to personally accept the gift Jesus gave you. (However, if you believe that just religion is the key to salvation, I applaud you for being a little more open minded than most of humanity)
Agoff1101
Agoff1101
49 posts
Nomad

It is unbelievable how ignorant you are being Dubness. he is right just saying i'm too lazy or dumb to try and figure out answers, i'll just say god made it is obviously not right answer. if you actually are christian than that means undoubtedly that you don't believe in science and then how do you explain anything made on the last hundred years? how do you think computers were made? or how the brain works?

Agoff1101
Agoff1101
49 posts
Nomad

start a new thread about the afterlife

Xervicx
Xervicx
37 posts
Nomad

Can I ask ya'll a question? or maybe I should start a new thread on this... But what is your belief of the after life?

Yes, you should start another thread. And I hope I have not, at any point, seemed like I was bashing you... you are starting to sound decently reasonable in what you say, even though I do not agree with everything you say, it is said well. However, I feel that others here are bashing you just because of your beliefs.

That, in itself, is extremely idiotic. It is supposed to be an intelligent debate, not one where we look at who is who and just fire at each other based on that.
Dubness2
Dubness2
389 posts
Nomad

It is unbelievable how ignorant you are being Dubness. he is right just saying i'm too lazy or dumb to try and figure out answers, i'll just say god made it is obviously not right answer. if you actually are christian than that means undoubtedly that you don't believe in science and then how do you explain anything made on the last hundred years? how do you think computers were made? or how the brain works?

I'm sorry you feel that way. But clearly you are not reading. I said that I disbelief the science of creation ie: Big band, evolution stuff. Or at least I meant that. Other than that God gave us the equipment and made us the things we needed to invent new tech to honor and glorify His name.
No, you are wrong if you speak for most Christians. It is not religion that is your salvation. It is your religion that is supposed to be the key to salvation. Not only that, but apparently believing isn't enough. You have to personally accept the gift Jesus gave you.

Thats exactly what I was saying.. ?
Dubness2
Dubness2
389 posts
Nomad

Yes, you should start another thread. And I hope I have not, at any point, seemed like I was bashing you... you are starting to sound decently reasonable in what you say, even though I do not agree with everything you say, it is said well. However, I feel that others here are bashing you just because of your beliefs.

That, in itself, is extremely idiotic. It is supposed to be an intelligent debate, not one where we look at who is who and just fire at each other based on that.

Thank you for understanding. Its hard being the only one against all. But, (I may or may not believe in Him) with God by my side I can stand strong.
Showing 241-255 of 1849