ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 255729
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Possibly, but time would have still existed either way.

But not for our universe.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

But not for our universe.

I'm not sure if this even matters.

Eh.
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Just so I understand. The Big Bang is considered an inorganic event?

wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

I swear we've had this exact argument before and I simply said: if the Big Bang needs no cause, why does God? To which I got no answer.

As scientific research becomes more sophisticated I find it fascinating to see more of the Christian history come to life.

The principal underlying force of the inflationary phases of evolution is extensive genetic exchange between the respective biological entities, taking the forms of recombination, fusion, and fission; the specifics of these processes differ for different inflationary stages. The process leading to the emergence of a new generation of increasingly complex entities at the end of each inflationary stage (i.e., the BBBs) is best described as continuous sampling of numerous combinations of genetic elements. Once, by chance, a stable, highly efficient combination emerges, a lineage of the new generation is born (Fig. 2).

Table 1 lists the putative major BBB events in the history of life on earth. The first four of the BBBs date back to the pre-cellular era:
Table One/charts Major Transitions in the History of life proposed Biological Big Bang Events. I was able to find this link, Asherlee but I need help understanding when these emergences took place.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Yes it's figured there was only hydrogen and helium molecules to start with. So there would have been no organic molecules yet. These two molecules were able to form primitive stars where more complex molecules could form, and would get spread as the star died.

So forget Jesus the stars died for you.

Table One/charts Major Transitions in the History of life proposed Biological Big Bang Events. I was able to find this link, Asherlee but I need help understanding when these emergences took place.

That's not referring to the formation of the universe but evolutionary development.
Sebi
Sebi
662 posts
Nomad

well for my point of view theres no god im an atheist. everything can be explained logically by science. If u ask me religion is one of the biggest lie in history and even if u believe in god so many people were killed just because they were bringing the whole religion lie down a prominent example: Galileo Galile he was nearly killed by the katholics just because he was proving that the world is a ball and not a plate like the katholic church told everyone.
So i accept if u believe in god its your opinion and i wont fight against it but the be katholic lets say it isnt that good

CubeAddict420
CubeAddict420
162 posts
Nomad

I wonder about this. Very interesting, like why did make sickness? stuff like that makes you huddle in a room for hours ^^

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

I can't even begin to talk about the horrible grammar exhibited in these last two posts. It makes me shudder. I myself think that writing like that is indicative of an inferior mind. As for the sickness thing, it was mainly used as a form of punishment, as it is very effective. As to the Catholic Church murdering people, I do not agree with that and it is definitely not what Christianity is about, and those murders are simply inexcusable. Also, I would like to know where said Hydrogen and Helium molecules came from. (Wouldn't be surprised if he simply responded, "Well I would like to know where God came from.&quot

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

As I said, if the Big Bang doesn't need a cause then why does God?! Someone answer me!(alt)

I never said god needs a cause. Also, the idea of a Big Bang is scientifically plausible, and has evidence . . . god doesn't. The Big Bang is more likely.
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Oh. I get it. So if something is more likely it doesn't need a cause, but if it is less likely it does. As to there being no evidence for God, that is all a matter of opinion and something that, if I responded to fully, would turn into a 30 page long argument of various people that would just end us up where we are right now. I say we just stop arguing and agree to disagree, as atheists and religious people will simply never agree on this matter.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Oh. I get it. So if something is more likely it doesn't need a cause, but if it is less likely it does.

Did you even read what's been posted?

no time=no cause

As to there being no evidence for God, that is all a matter of opinion and something that,

No that's not a matter of opinion at all. If there was you could shut us all up and present this objective evidence that points directly to Gods existence. Yet every time proof has been asked for, the question is dodged with "I believe he's real" as if personal belief constitutes evidence. Sorry but it doesn't, your believing in something or not will have no effect on it being real or not.

I say we just stop arguing and agree to disagree, as atheists and religious people will simply never agree on this matter.

If you don't want to debate the matter then do come to a debate thread about it.
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

f you don't want to debate the matter then do come to a debate thread about it.

*Wonders why the hell Mage would tell someone who doesn't want to debate to come to a debate thread*
LordRevan14
LordRevan14
21 posts
Nomad

Statistics show that a lot of people who study the stars become a christian. Why? Because they can't comprehend how a random, unexplainable bang created all that, much less put something as random as Earth into the perfect conditions for life to begin. Atheists argue that if God is real, why does he allow bad people? Tell me then, would you rather put a spell on a girl to make her love you, or win her and let it be her choice? Same goes for here: God made us so we would choose to love and worship. Sound selfish? It is. But he has the right: After all, he is all-powerful. He has done things in my life that have left me no doubt that he is real, and all it takes is a look outside to affirm that for me.

However, statistics also show that most people don't convert to Christianity after losing an argument, or vice-versa. But basically, Jesus is real, he died for you, and he loves you.

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

I completely agree with LordRevan14. I also commend him for being amazingly good with grammar, considering most newish members prefer to have absolutely atrocious grammar.

RugRat
RugRat
340 posts
Nomad

um, where are these statistics?

Showing 1276-1290 of 1849