ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 255952
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Guess that explains why when I read the Bible God just came off as seeming like a contradictive, vindictive, petty, cruel, blood thirsty tyrant.

Funny I had the same feeling.
RugRat
RugRat
340 posts
Nomad

*now then,even with the search field data

>.>

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

*looks at mess, sighs, goes to bed*

Make a current list of complaints ill be back on tomorrow.

Rugrat think about his point on arguing, it's generally logical because actions speak louder than words and all, I've never heard of the other point though...

Google...?

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Sorry for the double post but I just wanted to clarify that I wasnt elevating myself above anyone else on my side. Sorry if it seemed that way.

Thank you Romans 12:3 for conviction =P

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Rugrat think about his point on arguing, it's generally logical because actions speak louder than words and all, I've never heard of the other point though...

A claim was made and when asked for proof to back up that claim it was met with what could be considered ridicule. When a link was finally offered (sort of) it yielded no results. This run around only makes the original claim look highly suspect.
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Why? Because they can't comprehend how a random, unexplainable bang created all that,

I don't know who said this. But, this is an argument from incredulity...

Maybe, the biggest and easiest logical fallacies made.
anarki
anarki
5 posts
Nomad

When you allow so much suffering, bloodshed in your name and other injustices...yes. The price is too high. Those who deserve tribute are those who have earned tribute. This so call "loving" god has not earned a dam thing in my opinion. Nothing but my scorn and spit.[quote]
(wolf1991)

Do you hate your life? Is it not worth living because there is injustice and suffering? You seem like you feel entitled to and ungrateful for your very existence. Assuming that God created us and the world, I believe that the gift of life is more than worth all of the suffering and pain in the world. I also offer you some advice: stop being so self-righteous. You are only human, and have no more existential knowledge than the rest of us. This entire thread is a moot point because none of us know the circumstances of our creation. You blame God for evil because He created things that ended up being evil. That may be a fair point; however, continuing on to say that the evil created is not worth the good, is ridiculous.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Do you hate your life? Is it not worth living because there is injustice and suffering? You seem like you feel entitled to and ungrateful for your very existence. Assuming that God created us and the world, I believe that the gift of life is more than worth all of the suffering and pain in the world. I also offer you some advice: stop being so self-righteous. You are only human, and have no more existential knowledge than the rest of us. This entire thread is a moot point because none of us know the circumstances of our creation. You blame God for evil because He created things that ended up being evil. That may be a fair point; however, continuing on to say that the evil created is not worth the good, is ridiculous.

You would be correct, if your god would be powerless to stop it. According to your myth he is omnipotent, thus can easily get rid of all the evil, and for some reason your "all loving benevolent" god decides to keep suffering. He even decided to start it. It would be like making a kid just so you could beat it and have it worship you. Ya, that's all loving and benevolent, is it not?
LordRevan14
LordRevan14
21 posts
Nomad

Hey, God Loves me, and nothing you can say or do will dissuade me from that. I know it's true. And I hope that all you non-believers live a happy life; Just so you know, I'm praying for you.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

I know it's true

And you know this how?

I do not hate life, but I do hate religion. Don't you see that your belief is its own contradiction? An all loving god that doesn't do anything to show his supposed love.

I do not believe in god, but I will take your beliefs into account so that I may argue them with what I do believe.
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Instead of bickering like you guys are, and NOT debating very well. I want each one of you to PLEASE take a moment to look at THIS.

The above link allows you to choose all the characters you want to prescribe to God, then shows you how it is not consistent.

So, basically, I don't want to hear anyone else bicker until they've tried this out.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

This survey is biased. There is no option for those who do not agree with what religion says about god, how can I accurately do this?

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

I don't understand what you are saying.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

The listed options are characteristics that are prescribed to the notion of God, because they are supposedly what makes God, God.

What other options are you looking for, specifically?

LordRevan14
LordRevan14
21 posts
Nomad

I know this because he told me.

Showing 1306-1320 of 1849