ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 255753
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

well maybe he created evil for a purpose

LordRevan14
LordRevan14
21 posts
Nomad

Google it.

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Yes LEGEND. That's what we've been saying. As for RugRat, not everyone is as used to dealing with people who are too stupid to use Google, so cut him some slack. Here I'll give you some help.

[url=http://lmgtfy.com/?q=statistics+for+people+that+study+stars+turning+Christian]

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

well maybe he created evil for a purpose

13When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. 15Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death. James 1:13-15

However, statistics also show that most people don't convert to Christianity after losing an argument, or vice-versa. But basically, Jesus is real, he died for you, and he loves you.

*High Five*
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

*Wonders why the hell Mage would tell someone who doesn't want to debate to come to a debate thread*

*don't* a clear typo.

Statistics show that a lot of people who study the stars become a christian.

Can I see these statistics?

Why? Because they can't comprehend how a random, unexplainable bang created all that,

Again it wasn't actual bang, it was more of an expansion, and it is as random as anything that is over packed expanding.

much less put something as random as Earth into the perfect conditions for life to begin.

Just a matter of statistics consider how many star there are it very likely some will end up being life baring. If this planet wasn't one of those life baring planets we wouldn't be around to ask the question of "why this planet".

Atheists argue that if God is real, why does he allow bad people? Tell me then, would you rather put a spell on a girl to make her love you, or win her and let it be her choice? Same goes for here: God made us so we would choose to love and worship. Sound selfish? It is.

selfishness would go against the concept of a perfect God. There are many atheists who would worship him if he wasn't so evasive about his existence. Me if he really did what the Bible says he did I would definitely not worship or love such a petty and cruel being.

But he has the right: After all, he is all-powerful.

So might makes right, huh?

He has done things in my life that have left me no doubt that he is real, and all it takes is a look outside to affirm that for me.

Again personal experience doesn't amount to anything and can often lead to errors. That's why objective evidence is so important. Considering how attention hungry this God seems to be it seems odd that he does not offer any such evidence to the validity of his existence.

Using your example it's like expecting a girl to love you even though she never met you and has only heard of you through hearsay.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

God made us so we would choose to love and worship. Sound selfish? It is. But he has the right: After all, he is all-powerful

So did Hitler.

God's "choice" is an ultimatum. It is simply thus: "Believe in me, or spend eternity in Hell". What a lovely choice; slavery or torment.

Just because one has power does not give one the right to wield power, not for one's own selfish purposes at least. Yet if one has the power to help aid suffering then one is obligated to help or they are just as guilty as those committing the offence. If this is how a "benevolent" god acts then I pride myself with my contempt of religion.
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Yea, spending eternity in a paradise does sort of sound like slavery...

Anyway, is it wrong to expect the beings you have made masters of an entire planet to pay tribute to you?

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

When you allow so much suffering, bloodshed in your name and other injustices...yes. The price is too high. Those who deserve tribute are those who have earned tribute. This so call "loving" god has not earned a dam thing in my opinion. Nothing but my scorn and spit.

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Earned tribute? So I guess creating a race and a planet and everything on said planet doesn't make you worthy of tribute from said race, right? That's what you said, no?

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

No. Because to this "caring" god our &quoturpose" is to love him, like dogs to an uncaring apathetic master. This god has no compassion. And a god that would not ease the sufferings of his "creations" every now and then or to morally guide them, or to set straight the differences of faith so that needless blood of innocents isn't spelt is worth NOTHING!

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Wow. I can't even begin to tell you how many things are wrong with that statement, the most obvious being that God isn't compassionate. Even if you didn't believe in God, if you just pretended to believe in Him and read the Bible you would have no doubt that, if existent, God is the pinnacle of compassionate beings.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

@All self proclaimed Christians who post on this thread and all others concerning religion know what you believe, and further, why you believe it.

Because I'm on my phone I have to keep this short but wolf obviously isn't God's biggest fan either question why, give proof for false beliefs, give concrete examples from the bible, but above all do not kill your witness.

K?

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Earned tribute? So I guess creating a race and a planet and everything on said planet doesn't make you worthy of tribute from said race, right? That's what you said, no?

Even if God had done these things every indication suggests he wasn't needed. So for example it's like expecting a thank you for opening an automatic door.
RugRat
RugRat
340 posts
Nomad

Yeah, insulting me is not the best thing to do, but i'll let it slide this time.......Now then even the search field data you just gave me I still cannot find any link that has anything to do with what LR just posted, so please be a dear and post the link already, because it seems like you have found it already.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

if you just pretended to believe in Him and read the Bible you would have no doubt that, if existent, God is the pinnacle of compassionate beings.

Guess that explains why when I read the Bible God just came off as seeming like a contradictive, vindictive, petty, cruel, blood thirsty tyrant.
Showing 1291-1305 of 1849