ForumsWEPRFavorite Bible quotes.

24 7554
turkishmaniaca
turkishmaniaca
155 posts
Nomad

Everyone. Have a really good Bible quote? Never got in the right situation to use it? Haha. No religious debates. Thanks.

"Oh Lord, you are the lamp for my feet and the light for my path, O' Lord"

• 24 Replies
XCoheedX
XCoheedX
922 posts
Scribe

"Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any spiritual powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:38-39
This one is just.....awesome.

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Wondering, should it be.. Jesus Christ instead of Christ Jesus?

Anyway, can't really partake in this, can I. So, I guess I'll just say i'm having fun reading the quotes :P

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

It's religious, skip, so I guess it belongs here. Armed, I believe that quote is accurate- "Christ Jesus" is a common arrangement, depending on the version.

It doesn't appear to matter much, in which order you write them.

Karoc
Karoc
433 posts
Nomad

I like the one that turkishmaniaca said An eye for an eye makes us all blind it just sounds good *even though I don't believe in god*

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

The original phrase is in fact taken in two lights. There is the original laws as part of the covenenats in the Old Testament (Moses' law): "Eye for and eye, tooth for a tooth" is referenced in Exodus 21:24, Leviticus 24:20, and Hebrews 8:7-13.

This belongs to the Old Testament. In the New Testament, however, Jesus actually rebukes the literal interpretation of these laws (by such people as the Pharisees) in introducing a new perspective. This is clearly seen in Matthew 5 (the beginning of which constitutes part of the Beatitudes- the central set of Jesus' teachings on blessings).

Jesus' take on "eye for an eye" in fact introduces one of his best known (and most widely misinterpreted) phrases:

Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Matthew 5:38-39 (KJV)
Ichibon
Ichibon
136 posts
Peasant

I can't even remember the last itme I read the Bible, but
Revalations 22:18-19 KJV

18 I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto them, God shall add unto him the plagues which are written in this book: 19and if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the tree of life, and out of the holy city, which are written in this book.

Mainly because there has been stipulation that thiere are 27 chapters in this book, but, the Catholic church won't release them. Haha

Captian_EO
Captian_EO
172 posts
Nomad

My faves are Psalm 23, Psalm 139,
1 Timothy 4:12 (Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity.),
Revelation 4:8 (Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under his wings. Day and night they never stopped saying: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is, and is to come.&quot,
and of course John 3:16 (For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him will not die but have eternal life.)

blue_bell
blue_bell
5 posts
Nomad

I don't remember the verse, but my fav is "[God] is close to the broken hearted, and those who are crushed in spirit he saves."

godofsalt
godofsalt
49 posts
Nomad

im not a christian and i havent read much of the bible but this is my favorite so far
"Be sure your sins will find you out" Numbers 32:23 (which is very true)

the same verse appears in the movie the number 23(in the end)

Showing 16-24 of 24