ForumsWEPRDisproving god

352 61511
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

So I just have a question to every one. What is the point in proving god to not exist? What makes it worth while to sit and flip out on people, the goverment, schools, kids, parents.....that they are wrong, and science is wrong?

I understand having an oppinion, and trying to get others to beilve that. But Have any of you heard of Pascals wager?

What he said was basically, if you belive in god, and he is real, you lived a good live, and if you belive in god, and he's not real, you lost nothing, but lived a life of good morals, which I will touch on in a second. However, If he is real, and you didn't beilve you go to hell. And if you didn't beilve and he isn't real, then you lost nothing, other then being remembered as a person who didn't care about morals.

I would like you to go read the ten commandments, and the other moral wrongs in the bible. How are ANY of them bad?

All I'm really trying to gather here, is what is the point in tryign to prove god as fake? Why does it matter if you beilve in god? And what do you lose by beilveing in him?

• 352 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

You cant reason with an Atheist, they are angry people who cant handle the fact that there is someone who truly loves them, GOD. They feel they need to be all angry and hostile and unaccepting of the truth of the reality of GODS work in there lives.

Not at all. As stated before and what you have gone back and forth on several times now showing a clear inconsistency in your reasoning, there is no proof of such a being so the claim of such a being existing is not accepted. It really seems at this point you are the one becoming frustrated and angry.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

no.. I'm perfectly calm..

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

You cant reason with an Atheist, they are angry people who cant handle the fact that there is someone who truly loves them, GOD. They feel they need to be all angry and hostile and unaccepting of the truth of the reality of GODS work in there lives.

None of us are angry. Not only that, but you just said that atheists are just angry because they don't accept the truth, which it's not that they don't accept the truth, it's that they don't believe in "the truth." There is a difference. You may not have meant to say this, but you just told every atheist that they are in denial.

There's a difference between being in denial and not believing.

All i gotta say is....

Deny Jesus in this life and Jesus will certainly deny you in front of his Father.

There's is nothing to dispute here. What is real cannot be threatened.

God is not bothered, why should I be.

It is the selfishness and stupidity of man that leads them to irrelevance.

This is only true to you, but not atheists. You are talking to atheists as if they also believe this, but they don't. You are talking as if atheists are trying to bother God, they aren't. They don't believe in God. Atheists choose not to believe in God not because they want to annoy him (which would require beleiving in him and therefore make them theists), but because they honestly don't believe he exists.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Deny Jesus in this life and Jesus will certainly deny you in front of his Father.

Not exactly what I would call loving. Especially since we are suppose to do this with no reason to accept his existence in the first place.

There's is nothing to dispute here. What is real cannot be threatened.

Well if it's real then evidence should be able to be provided.

no.. I'm perfectly calm..

Then why pull such an assertion out? We explained to you the only requirement to be an atheist is to not believe in a deity. We have told you why we don't believe in deities. Then you just blurt out "atheists are angry"
It seemed as if you were projecting your own feelings there. If not then you are clearing just regurgitating rhetoric without even thinking first.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Do something that matters people.. Feed a homeless person. give shelter to a cat.. tell someone you love them.. give support to someone who is depressed.. open a book for once in your life.. make somebody smile.

Atheists do these things all the time!

Do God's will. It's very easy. Easier than taking advantage of others for your own idiotic desires.

The only difference between an atheist who helps people and a theist who helps people is that the theist believes it is God's will. The atheist, does not believe it is God's will, they simply believe it's the right thing for them to do.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you assuming that atheists don't love others? Are you assuming they are selfish merely because they don't believe in God? Are you telling me they don't read books or that they don't give away their money?

I know many atheists who are very loving people. I know many atheists who are very giving. They do not do these things because they believe God wants them to do these things, they do these things because it feels right to them. In fact, the reason you do these things, most of the time, is not to please God, but because you naturally feel right about it. Sure, maybe you believe God created this natural feeling, but understand that I'm talking about natural as in "without God".
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

Strong Agnostic Neutralism all teh way! Anyone? High fives around?....

they are angry people who cant handle the fact that there is someone who truly loves them, GOD

You better not love me! I'll be angry at you!
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

they are angry people who cant handle the fact that there is someone who truly loves them, GOD

That reminds me, we can handle that fact, that's why we are so comfortable being atheist. Of course, that is untrue, because we still do live life wanting love. We get that love from other people, not humans. We believe humans create love, not God.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

you can't reason with a thiest either.

The main difference I have noticed between atheists, and christians, is that an atheist will sit and listen to yo usay what you have to say, and calmly eplain to you why they disagree. They don't tell you that your wrong, simply that they don't agree.

However, if you sit and talk to a theist, they have no intrest in you, or what you think. They want to tell you all about god, and if you tell them what you belive it's "YOUR GOING TO HELL!"

Yes, because that makes me want to listen to you any more.

When I made this thread, I was a theist, now, i'm not. People here opened my eyes, and I did the rest my self.

They feel they need to be all angry and hostile and unaccepting of the truth of the reality of GODS work in there lives.

Yes. Go tell that to the children in third world countries. "O no, god just didn't give you food because he loves you!"
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

I find this somewhat insulting coming from someone who refuses to accept the fact we have no scientific evidence to prove the existence of God. In fact I am a rather calm individual who simply shrugs off the belief in God because I see no logic in the idea. Furthermore, I am open to the idea of god should any of the criteria in Mage's video links be met. Until that time though I will continue to dismiss all religion as wishful thinking. I find that theists are often the ones that are close minded because many of them refuse to even consider the idea that it is possible that God does not exist. It is high hypocritical that you would call an atheist close minded if many, if not most, are willing to consider the other side of the argument. If you notice an atheist will say "If God does exist then..." but a theist will never say "If God doesn't exist then..." Therefore sir your assertion is false.
IcyIndia
IcyIndia
1,344 posts
Nomad

Woo! go Wolf! I agree with you exactly. I have my own beliefs but that doesn't make them true. We just don't know enough about reality to create what we think are "facts", but we do anyway. Religion, to me, seems to be a way for people to feel secure. Once they have their questions about existence and all that, they can move on to bigger and better things.

For some people, religion is all people have. Some people have pretty bad lives so they need something to help them keep going in life.

So I think that religion is a pretty important thing, whether I believe in God or not.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

So I think that religion is a pretty important thing, whether I believe in God or not.

I do not fully disregard religion. I do not mind if people believe in gods/goddess, however, I find it irritating that these people will blindly follow. It is possible to follow a faith from a logical stand point, but simply following for the sake of following is a fatal error. This is how so many tragedies in history came about.
grimml
grimml
879 posts
Nomad

When I made this thread, I was a theist, now, i'm not. People here opened my eyes, and I did the rest my self.

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies! just kidding, good decision

I see this a bit different: I think faith can be good. But faith and religion is not the same thing. Religions tell you what to believe in although they have no evidence.
I know some people who say that their religion (Christianity) gives them power. But to be honest: They aren't "real Christians"-. I had a discussion with them about the bible, existence of God etc. They say that they don't believe everything in the bible, just some parts. So I wouldn't call them "real Christians". And I think the most Christians are like that. And that's a good thing. They know the fact that the earth is billions of years old and don't deny it.

So what I wanted to say: This kind of faith can be good (but that doesn't mean that they are right).

And last but not least: Calling all atheist angry people is pretty ****... I don't know anymore who posted the link, but 10% of the American people are atheist and only 1% of the people in jail are atheists
Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

Any form of religion should serve the purpose of bieng a guideline for an individuals behavior. Good or bad, right or wrong.

Honestly, I don't really care whether people think that there is some gent out there with a Beegees haircut and perfect teeth divining the universe, or that the universe is one big collection of physical laws in constant motion.

If either of those scenarios or any variation in between helps to make someone act as a better person to themselves and those around them, I'm satisfied.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

If either of those scenarios or any variation in between helps to make someone act as a better person to themselves and those around them, I'm satisfied.

I thouight like this. However it seems that if you don't agree wtih someone they no longer wish to act as they should toward you.
sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

here's the thing, god can't be proven or disproven... so believe what you want, because it's what you believe, not what others force on you.

Showing 316-330 of 352