ForumsWEPRDisproving god

352 61434
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

So I just have a question to every one. What is the point in proving god to not exist? What makes it worth while to sit and flip out on people, the goverment, schools, kids, parents.....that they are wrong, and science is wrong?

I understand having an oppinion, and trying to get others to beilve that. But Have any of you heard of Pascals wager?

What he said was basically, if you belive in god, and he is real, you lived a good live, and if you belive in god, and he's not real, you lost nothing, but lived a life of good morals, which I will touch on in a second. However, If he is real, and you didn't beilve you go to hell. And if you didn't beilve and he isn't real, then you lost nothing, other then being remembered as a person who didn't care about morals.

I would like you to go read the ten commandments, and the other moral wrongs in the bible. How are ANY of them bad?

All I'm really trying to gather here, is what is the point in tryign to prove god as fake? Why does it matter if you beilve in god? And what do you lose by beilveing in him?

• 352 Replies
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Woody, all I can say is that there are better ways to change a man's mind than to tell him he's wrong.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

You guys overlooking the real issue here.

Fact: Jesus wore no shoes during a lot of the bible.
Fact: Paul McCartney was barefoot in Abbey Road.
Fact: Paul McCartney is actually dead and has been replaced with an actor.
Fact: Both Paul and Jesus were both barefoot.
Fact: We can then presume Jesus died at the cross and was replaced with an actor pretending to be Jesus to keep Christianity going, just like they kept the Beatles alive by replacing McCartney.

By analyzing these facts can assess that if Jesus died and was not really resurrected, there is no god.

Please keep all your thank you's for my clarification to my profile and not on the thread guys!
Your all-star friend,
Klaus

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

s because I think people are wasting their lives on some 2000 year old book yes the holy bible and same for other religions, some ancient text that tells you what to do and not to do and its written by humans who make mistakes. Besides they lived in a totally diffrent envoirment.

i find this offensive and quite hatefull. i dont say you waste youre life becasue you are an athiest.

im a proud member of a church and you know what i dont go there to shout out praise the lord and slap people in the face.

i go there because the people there and amazing people and being a christian helps me to know myself.

how bout you go get some respect for other people beliefs you jackass
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

how bout you go get some respect for other people beliefs you *******

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.

I don't care if he doesn't respect you, you love him -.-

On an online text site like this it's the only way to show that you believe what you do. It's biblical and therefore of utmost importance.

Fact: We can then presume Jesus died at the cross and was replaced with an actor pretending to be Jesus to keep Christianity going, just like they kept the Beatles alive by replacing McCartney.

Then again where is his body then? As it makes no sense that the Romans took it and the disciples, literally, couldn't have so what happened to it?

@NoName

I understand what your saying but from a purely psychological standpoint there is no evidence to say that Christianity is wrong. Potentially couldn't Christianity be correct while other religions are the human need for a greater power? This goes for any religion I suppose.
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

I don't care if he doesn't respect you, you love him -.-

i do love him...... just dont like him very much cause he likes to hate on other peoples beliefs. (look at m profile)
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

i do love him...... just dont like him very much cause he likes to hate on other peoples beliefs.

Doesn't matter. No where in his teaching did Jesus curse others who disagree with him and in fact he generally showed them more love than the supposed Godly men of his time.
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

im not cursing him for disagreeing with me. in fact its vice versa. i respect people for there beliefs and he decides to show disrespect for my religeon. he can say that he thinks christianity is wrong and that he doesnt believe in it, but when he sais im waisting my life as a christian when i have become a better person while being involved in the church then i get offended

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

i have become a better person while being involved in the church then i get offended

Pride! And a tad shake of judging.!

Sorry but as Christians on here we have to do our best to show Christ through our words as actions aren't very easy over the internet.
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

ya but still he said something quite hatefull and i want him to make sure that he should not do that

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

He isn't held to the same standards that we are and therefore his action was "acceptable." Hate me all I want but in the end I'll pray for the strength to love you

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

nobody should be expected to be disrespectfull.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

nobody should be expected to be disrespectfull.

No Christian should be. However not everyone was respectful to Jesus and his love extends to all men.
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

it jsut makes me mad when people make fun of my beliefs. you should see me at school.......

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Take the conversation to your profiles please.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Apologies.

Anyway back to my point on the last page about psychology. In a completely friendly way would you like to share your view/rebuttal?

Showing 31-45 of 352