ForumsGamestoo much violence in video games?

50 9890
opentotruth
opentotruth
473 posts
Peasant

i personall think that things are fine. but i want to know what u guys think about the people who trying getting games banned from stores because they are to violent. or people blamming a kid getting angry on the fact the he plays violent video games. i thinkits a load of crap but i want to know what everyone else thinks about it

• 50 Replies
glaffor
glaffor
7 posts
Nomad

Some parents and crazy Lawyers should just sit down and see if the game is appropriate for their children and me personally think that it could get alot worse than it's current standing

Logan47
Logan47
65 posts
Nomad

[bold]VIOLENCE[/bold]

Bl00dyFart
Bl00dyFart
83 posts
Nomad

everybody needs to look at the facts. GAMES HAVE RATINGS. 99% of the violence in games problems come from kids whose parents bought them a game higher than recommended by the ratings (those guys are experts) so when a kid kills people based on a video game, its the parents fault for buying it for them

fridgendx
fridgendx
111 posts
Nomad

So so i kinda pull for both i think violent video games own (grand theft auto) ut i dont want kids growing up to be killers or anything

opentotruth
opentotruth
473 posts
Peasant

its got to be parents to help make sure that their kids are mature enough to play certain games

Blacktiger
Blacktiger
11 posts
Nomad

i think people might think games are very violet but they really are not that violent

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,269 posts
Jester

WHAT?!?!?!!? WHO IS THE ONE RESPOSIBLE FOR THIS????

I don't think there is enoughf yet! I mean come on if it's to violent, don't buy your kids the game then!

nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

K honestly parents out there who need to ban games, have no life... Like heres a nice idea, don't let your kids play these games. People make them so people buy them, and i envy those people because everybody loves "violent games". It gives us a way to release our inner emotion. I beleive the true violence is within those parents who want games banned.

Salmanius
Salmanius
277 posts
Peasant

If someone goes out and does something from a video game then that person should have some mental help and not play video games.

iskane
iskane
267 posts
Nomad

Well, there is a lot of violance in video games but I like it so there's nothing wrong with it for me.

Michae4
Michae4
97 posts
Nomad

Violent games are fun, and why else would they put ratings on games, if kids want to not abide by them its completely there fault

homegrove
homegrove
325 posts
Peasant

It does not depend on how violent a game is, it depends on the maturity of the person playing that game. In my opinion, it is just killing pixels. But some people, when they play a game like GTA, might take it too literally; we see this everyday with all the violence that goes on in our world.

bestgamer123
bestgamer123
215 posts
Nomad

never to much

gotcha84
gotcha84
57 posts
Nomad

most games nowadays are centered around wars and violence (COD4, Halo 3, Warcraft III, Starcraft II (soon to come!) )

i think the violence in video games helps children (in a manner of speaking) do things that they can't do in real life. For example, i doubt if all we gamers joined the army, we'd have a hard time and would have to work and stress, but with COD4, you just turn on the PC and play!

it's the technology age now, and people can do things they can't do in real life on computers. most of us take out our urge for violence by playing such games, but those few unlucky ones that don't have such an oppurtunity end up doing violent things in real-life. as always, there are a few exceptions to this, but as my post is already getting long, i'm going to stop it here.

Jtheninja
Jtheninja
19 posts
Nomad

violent video games aren't bad they relieve stress, and plus some people did a study and it said that people that play violent video games have beter social skills

Showing 16-30 of 50