ForumsGamestoo much violence in video games?

50 9888
opentotruth
opentotruth
473 posts
Peasant

i personall think that things are fine. but i want to know what u guys think about the people who trying getting games banned from stores because they are to violent. or people blamming a kid getting angry on the fact the he plays violent video games. i thinkits a load of crap but i want to know what everyone else thinks about it

• 50 Replies
KlNG
KlNG
301 posts
Nomad

Movies are getting worse than video games.

Those are the ones you have to watch.

opentotruth
opentotruth
473 posts
Peasant

ya true some movies are getting pretty bad

RubySlayer
RubySlayer
6 posts
Nomad

Nope I think there fine

Breakinggood
Breakinggood
22 posts
Nomad

No, there is not too much violence in video games, there is enough. Some games do need to be re-rated though.

ialwayswin
ialwayswin
777 posts
Jester

naw violence is fine

Caluplaya
Caluplaya
13 posts
Nomad

i think there should be more violence is games

Wolfelord
Wolfelord
77 posts
Nomad

Violence in games is fine to me but the people playing online against other people such as in FPS games that get all worked up over somebody killin them are rediculous. I've never gotten so worked up over a game. Some of my friends are like that and I guess that I either am a calm person naturally or I just bottle it up inside. I might get irritated but i would never start yellin n goin crazy over it. Those ppl get rediculous.

flashgamer233
flashgamer233
62 posts
Nomad

not load of crap.... load of $#!t

redwinger333
redwinger333
324 posts
Nomad

Times are changing, and standards are easing up. think of all the commercials you see nowadays, 20 years ago, you would NEVER see advertisements for "male enhancement" products and things of that nature, but that is just fine today. Same thing with violence. It just isn't viewed in the same way it once was, and now, its grown to be acceptable. Too much violence? not yet. Im sure we will see a point where it just gets excessive, and starts to do harm, but for what it is right now, violent games arent supposed to be sold to young people (although often not enforced, being only 16, ive never had a problem buying a mature rated game) As long as we can limit young audiences from getting something without parental consent, then too much violence won't be an issue. If you think a game is too violent, don't let your kids play it, thats what it boils down to.

vrexin
vrexin
24 posts
Nomad

games are fine with violence. if people think that someone's gonna try to do that in real life. then they obviously cant differ reality from fantasy. and so it's just hurting a bunch of 1's and 0's.

humbertobeto
humbertobeto
1 posts
Nomad

There are a lot of games with violence but there are lot without it too

jedimoogle
jedimoogle
1 posts
Nomad

Yeah violence in video games affect you, but most people are able to handle it. It's the people who are mentally unstable or who were poorly raised that can't handle it. Which means video games are not the source of any of the problems many people claim they are. After all, the exposure to violence can be found anywhere else. Games don't make people violent, people make games violent.

skillzkillz
skillzkillz
161 posts
Nomad

there's never enough violence in vidoe games!!! go blood and gore

alanvinas
alanvinas
21 posts
Nomad

for example my brother was playing Grand Theft Auto its very violent but THAT doesnt cause any emotional damage

THE PEOPLE THAT THINK THE VIOLENT VIDEOGAMES ARE BAD THEYRE CRAZY

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,192 posts
Herald

I don't think that there's anything wrong with a lot of violence in video games. It's how people take it and are that causes a problem because if they see it in a video game, they could understand that it's just a game, but if you're one of thse crazy people, then you'll try to copy what you see in the video games, and that's when we have real problms.

Showing 31-45 of 50