ForumsGamestoo much violence in video games?

50 9889
opentotruth
opentotruth
473 posts
Peasant

i personall think that things are fine. but i want to know what u guys think about the people who trying getting games banned from stores because they are to violent. or people blamming a kid getting angry on the fact the he plays violent video games. i thinkits a load of crap but i want to know what everyone else thinks about it

• 50 Replies
SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

They did a study on kids and violent games and they found out that kids who play violent games are actually less violent in real life, i think they said that it had to do with stress release or something... If your wondering what im referencing from its from the book
"Grand Theft Childhood"

zilverarmor13
zilverarmor13
7 posts
Nomad

In my opnion the games and movies are getting more violent and even more frequent. In any group you hear the words weapons or blood. Is OK the action and I see too some movies of that type. But please, slow it a little. The only things this will cause are violence, nightmares, and people laughing of the ones that don't see those movies. I hope my reply helps to think about this, if not, well, is YOUR problem.

PieGuy
PieGuy
248 posts
Peasant

Like in Germany, Gears of War and dead Rising were banned for blood
total bull

simplegreen21
simplegreen21
3 posts
Nomad

Video games are the current scapegoat on society, especially foe the media. Just give it time, and then society will find something else to blame tragedies on.

Hayl
Hayl
34 posts
Nomad

While there sometimes is a bit too much violence in games, most of them are okay. The only thing I really think is stupid is when a little kid decides to play something like GTA and then gets desensitized to violence too early. Other than that, video games are pretty okay. I know I certainly love them!

Showing 46-50 of 50