The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsWEPRIntelligent design Vs Evolution

388 55542
redace333
redace333
130 posts
Nomad

I just now found out about this forum and didn't notice a I.D. Vs E. thread so I decided to make one.

I am a Christian and believe in intelligent design is the way the world came to be.

What does everyone else think about this subject?

• 388 Replies
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

You've no idea what your getting yourself into but hey I wish you the best of luck.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

First of all, congrats! You found the forums-- a feat not commonly performed by most

Well let's see here:

This,, this, and this are all recent religion vs. no religion threads, so I suggest going to those before making your own.

So yes, finding different threads in this forum is a good way to not mistakenly create excess topics that are the same thing. Have fun in the AG community!

yielee
yielee
618 posts
Shepherd

Intelligent Design isn't religious, it's just common sense.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Unfortunatly science doesn't deal with common sense, it deals with facts. Common sense is subjective while science is, designed to be at least, objective; meaning that it's not a valid argument for intelligent design .

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Intelligent Design isn't religious, it's just common sense.

. . . how? Science functions just fine without intelligent design.

Also, note that this is not a sensible debate - intelligent design has to do with the creation of life, whereas all evolution is is a theory and a fact(long story) of how life changes over time. It's more of a debate on abiogenesis vs. ID.
Kyousuke
Kyousuke
50 posts
Nomad

O_O Welcome to AG... yeah this topic has been very popular recently...or more accurately stuff revolving around the subject of creation. Takes Freakenstein's advice and heed samy's warning my friend.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

It's more of a debate on abiogenesis vs. ID.

Well as God has absolute control over the factors that would ave affected Natural selection and thus evolution it can be debated.
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

You've no idea what your getting yourself into but hey I wish you the best of luck.

lol....

but ya im kinda a mix. i believe that god made the earth in 7 days... but not 24 hour days
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

ave

'ave

but ya im kinda a mix. i believe that god made the earth in 7 days... but not 24 hour days

Old World Creationism? I think. It's what I believe at the very least.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Well as God has absolute control over the factors that would ave affected Natural selection and thus evolution it can be debated.

Care to prove it?

Then how long, were is your proof that even the way you view the myth is true?
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, that's part of it, but it's comparing the gist of evolution with a footnote in intelligent design. They're not directly comparable, at least if you want to be accurate.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Care to prove it?

Sorry. If God exists than my statement is true, that's what I was debating.

Then how long, were is your proof that even the way you view the myth is true?

We have other forums for this...

Yeah, that's part of it, but it's comparing the gist of evolution with a footnote in intelligent design. They're not directly comparable, at least if you want to be accurate.

In a sense of scientific validity?
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

In a sense of scientific validity?

I think he means by the fact they are comparing two different things, ID is a "Theory" that someone created the earth while evolution is a theory on how things got to be the way they are, how they were, and how they will be.

I say they can be comparable, as if the ID theory was correct then evolution would be incorrect, as most state that it created everything as it is now.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

I think he means by the fact they are comparing two different things, ID is a "Theory" that someone created the earth while evolution is a theory on how things got to be the way they are, how they were, and how they will be.

I see.

ID kinda got screwed over because no one wants to risk money funding studies or peer reviewed journals because it would leave you dead to the scientific community.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Yes, 314 is right. ID deals with the creation of life and the Earth, whereas evolution is just how already-there life changes over generations.

Showing 1-15 of 388