ForumsGamesColony v6.0 Patch Notes

236 54468
Krin
Krin
129 posts
Nomad

Hi! I've been working on Colony v6.0 and we're doing some testing and technical things now. It should be out really soon. Anyway, here are the notes:

Anti-Hacking
New features are being added into 6.0 to make it harder for hackers. Using more server-side code so that it's not easy to breach, and also you will automatically be de-synced from a hacker if the game thinks that he is hacking.

Friends List
Added a friend list feature. You can add friends by user name, so you can see whenever they come online, chat with them directly whether you are in a game or in the lobby, and also you can block users.

Balance Changes
Influence Cap raised to 200.
Prides: Now cost 40 Influence, up from 35.
Gladiator: Price reduced. Weapon range and damage increased slightly.
Sakata Spider: Price slightly reduced. Range, speed and HP slightly increased.
Meditec: Now takes slightly few seconds to deploy.

New In-Game Commands

/add [username]
Adds that player to your friends list.

/remove [username]
Removes that player from your friends list.

/friendlist
Displays a list of all your added friends, and shows whether they are online, offline, or blocked.

/block [username]
Block that player from sending you private messages.

/unblock [username]
Unblock the player.

/w [username] [message]
Sends a private message to the user. He/she has to be on your friend list for that to work.

Note: The usernames in all friend list commands are case-sensitive.

That's all for now I'm still trying to figure out a way to create a kind of spectator mode. No promises though!

• 236 Replies
chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

who dug up this dinosaur... its not even version 6.0 anymore its version 6.1

brandroid
brandroid
122 posts
Nomad

Ok i was hacked i was wondering if u could get me back to rank 6 or tell me what to do contact me at my wall thanks,Brandroid

XXDahlXX
XXDahlXX
29 posts
Nomad

This just happened to me twice i hosted a game but when i got in i couldnt build anything or talk to the people i was playing with i have no idea what happend its like my computer froze but i could still type it was weird

Endscape
Endscape
1,182 posts
Nomad

.... very old issue... is krin alive?....

XXDahlXX
XXDahlXX
29 posts
Nomad

I got reset i can get it back but i just want to know why?

JESSE41
JESSE41
113 posts
Nomad

dang thats nice

JESSE41
JESSE41
113 posts
Nomad

and do me a favor never screw up the login system again

ForbiddenOne
ForbiddenOne
145 posts
Nomad

Its not Krins fault you rank reseted...
Its happened to every one I bet.

plaincamron666
plaincamron666
2 posts
Nomad

krin should make a ban button so you can kick people if they hack and destroy their men and for guests you just kick them over and over again

plaincamron666
plaincamron666
2 posts
Nomad

and that was my first post

nozo_ito
nozo_ito
266 posts
Farmer

I don't understand why the biggest loophole in the game (that allows players to generate resources) isn't fixed properly.

You need help, Krin?

SoymasterYos
SoymasterYos
971 posts
Nomad

nozo I have Jakrins email. Do you want it?

40P2P
40P2P
161 posts
Nomad

When can u guys get it? This game was just a way for krin to test his multiplayer coding. Dont expect any of this colony stuff to be updated and fixed in the future. Hes still got sonny and sijid so while hes doing that colony is definetly his last priority.

SoymasterYos
SoymasterYos
971 posts
Nomad

40P2P I know that COlony was a test game, but he put so much into it. Also if it was a test of his skills, then he is currently FAILING because there are still problems that are really easy to fix and some harder problems. I dont want the hacking to be fixed because that is a waste of time. I'm only waiting for a bug patch and a balance patch.

SoymasterYos
SoymasterYos
971 posts
Nomad

What I mean by FAILING is not polishing Colony.

Showing 166-180 of 236