ForumsGamesColony v6.0 Patch Notes

236 54477
Krin
Krin
129 posts
Nomad

Hi! I've been working on Colony v6.0 and we're doing some testing and technical things now. It should be out really soon. Anyway, here are the notes:

Anti-Hacking
New features are being added into 6.0 to make it harder for hackers. Using more server-side code so that it's not easy to breach, and also you will automatically be de-synced from a hacker if the game thinks that he is hacking.

Friends List
Added a friend list feature. You can add friends by user name, so you can see whenever they come online, chat with them directly whether you are in a game or in the lobby, and also you can block users.

Balance Changes
Influence Cap raised to 200.
Prides: Now cost 40 Influence, up from 35.
Gladiator: Price reduced. Weapon range and damage increased slightly.
Sakata Spider: Price slightly reduced. Range, speed and HP slightly increased.
Meditec: Now takes slightly few seconds to deploy.

New In-Game Commands

/add [username]
Adds that player to your friends list.

/remove [username]
Removes that player from your friends list.

/friendlist
Displays a list of all your added friends, and shows whether they are online, offline, or blocked.

/block [username]
Block that player from sending you private messages.

/unblock [username]
Unblock the player.

/w [username] [message]
Sends a private message to the user. He/she has to be on your friend list for that to work.

Note: The usernames in all friend list commands are case-sensitive.

That's all for now I'm still trying to figure out a way to create a kind of spectator mode. No promises though!

• 236 Replies
Elusive
Elusive
2 posts
Nomad

If you don't see v6.1 on the right top of your page after you clicked play then refresh your page. People would say "clear your cache", but I don't know how to do that. I think "clear your cache" means to refresh, but I'm not sure about that.

Clearing your cache means deleting files that are downloaded when you first load a page, and saved for faster loading next time. If you're stuck on an older version, you could try ctrl+shift+delete to clear your cache in Internet Explorer 8 and Firefox.

You could also hold force the page to reload. A forced reload should get you the latest version of the page, rather than the cached version. This should be Ctrl+F5, though it might be some other combination of shift+ctrl+refresh command.

firetail_madness, that grey screen seems to happen to me if I switch to another tab or wait too long before logging in (not quite sure which it is, or both). Might have something to do with a Firefox addon, or the new 'lugin-container' (separates flash plugins from the main Firefox process)?

Did you get a message after a game where it said the Armor Games service was down or something? It might help to exit to the main menu and log in again (without refreshing). Also, your stats get reset to 0 if you play as guest after logging in (at least it did in v5.3).
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

firetail_madness, that grey screen seems to happen to me if I switch to another tab or wait too long before logging in (not quite sure which it is, or both). Might have something to do with a Firefox addon, or the new 'lugin-container' (separates flash plugins from the main Firefox process)?

I did seem to recall changing tabs. Ugh, I hate the new firefox. Adobe flash plugin crashes oftehn for me.

Did you get a message after a game where it said the Armor Games service was down or something? It might help to exit to the main menu and log in again (without refreshing). Also, your stats get reset to 0 if you play as guest after logging in (at least it did in v5.3).

I never got any message or pop-up...weird.
SumOfNothing
SumOfNothing
8 posts
Nomad

I have 1 suggestion and 1 bug: the suggestion is either lower the gain rate of armories, or raise the gain rate of treasuries and solar panels. Cuz a full upgraded bank or genertator costs $100 and an armour costs $60 as well as having 3 different gains, a mod phantom (I am aware that the solar panel has the mod sakata) , and allowing access to some other things. But the gain rate of armouries is only 1 less than the other 2. At being only $60. It completely unbalanced. Now heres the bug: when im in a game and talking, if i hit the shift key to capitalize a letter, auto-build off even though im in chat. And if i hit it again, it goes back on but if i let go it goes off. It is incredibly annoying as i talk alot and i have a habit of capitalizing. Please fix this. Also, i dont know what causes it but it might be connected to the first bug, sometimes auto-build turns of randomly but the light stays on. I know this because 1. Things dont autobuild and 2. I click it once nd it remains on. Plz fix

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

costs $60 as well as having 3 different gains

Armory also costs 25 energy and 25 manpower...
Gades
Gades
12 posts
Nomad

Yeah, building an armory to get ressources might look like a good choice, but in fact it's not. If you build an armory first you're not only receiving less money than fascists/capitalists with banks/treasuries, but also you give away alot of flexibility. You won't have much ressources left to start or fend off a rush, also you can't add a hospital and outpost quickly enough since you lack energy. It's a sole T3-transition building that won't pay off in time, so never ever bother getting more than one. And for the modified phantom...monarchy can set up bank-->armory before they get sufficient influence to get one. And that's what you're going to do anyway unless you focus on special ops.

Endscape
Endscape
1,182 posts
Nomad

personal suggestion an increase in armor for spiders because the AA were my personal anti MISSILE system but if I have 50 spiders and along comes a QUEEN thats literally HALF my army gone yes it makes u think twice but atleast let me think 1.5 times lets say maybe ....atleast 2 hits from a queen not just one HUGE explosion

Elusive
Elusive
2 posts
Nomad

Spiders have a high regen, which would make it impossible to stop a spider army with only one BQ, if it took more than one hit. I think the design of the spider is to have a high regen with relatively low armour, while the hover tank has good armour but no regen.

The spider should be killed with something high hitting (BQ bomb), while hover tanks can be killed with damage over time units (phantoms). To let spiders survive BQs might unbalance the game in the other direction.

chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

It's hard to provide a screenshot.
It's just that, when I try to type something, it appears in the typing box, but when I hit "enter" the message disappears. It doesn't appear in the chat. However, I am able to chat within games...

this happens to me to and it usually acures when u lose conection with internet.
chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

I have 1 suggestion and 1 bug: the suggestion is either lower the gain rate of armories, or raise the gain rate of treasuries and solar panels. Cuz a full upgraded bank or genertator costs $100 and an armour costs $60 as well as having 3 different gains, a mod phantom (I am aware that the solar panel has the mod sakata) , and allowing access to some other things. But the gain rate of armouries is only 1 less than the other 2. At being only $60. It completely unbalanced.

it all has to deal with the long term.

Now heres the bug: when im in a game and talking, if i hit the shift key to capitalize a letter, auto-build off even though im in chat. And if i hit it again, it goes back on but if i let go it goes off. It is incredibly annoying as i talk alot and i have a habit of capitalizing. Please fix this. Also, i dont know what causes it but it might be connected to the first bug, sometimes auto-build turns of randomly but the light stays on. I know this because 1. Things dont autobuild and 2. I click it once nd it remains on. Plz fix

it does the first thing because the hotkey for autobuild is shift. the 2nd thing is mostly happening after u leave the tab and come back. sometimes it will also do this if u dont play for a long period of time... if u dont get kicked first.
SumOfNothing
SumOfNothing
8 posts
Nomad

I WAS A RANK 6, then I played a game, got null, finished, and now im a rank 1! What happened? Krin, you better fucking fix this!

chessmaster102
chessmaster102
657 posts
Peasant

ha ha most peoples ranks got reset just hang on

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

It doesn't take that long to rank up. Chill.

Impiety
Impiety
18 posts
Nomad

There's also a 'useful' glitch where a player can spawn multiple units at the cost of a single unit, by spam clicking the corresponding button.

I've seen people pull off 5 mod sakatas in the first, like minute or two of the game with this technique >_>

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

There are lots of new glitches that opening up in v6.0...if you're afraid of this happening, I don't think it would be "hacking" to do it to them as well...but the best solution is just to quit or to not play until Krin fixes them.

lalala12
lalala12
2,165 posts
Nomad

Did the glitch where if you push the hotkey for building something while a thing is building, it will cancel the current build without a refund and then build the new thing?

Showing 136-150 of 236