ForumsWEPRCalifornia Prop 8 Overturned

98 18518
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

That's right folks, Proposition 8 - the ban on Gay marriage in California has been Overturned by a federal judge today:

Here's the Link

So - this could have potentially nationwide ramifications for Gay marriage and the banning thereof.

What are your views on the overturning? Do you think this could affect the rules on Gay marriage throughout the USA? Is this the breakdown of society and the coming of the end?

Personally - I think this is one of the best things that could ever have happened in California and it's effects on the whole of the USA could change the country forever.

• 98 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

@yeilee\\

First of all who's @$$ did you pull this piece of bull$&%^ from?

You can't just make being gay determined by genes just on your say so. That's ridiculous. The science says it starts with child abuse.

The science indicates that it's likely the result of epigenetics. This is a change in gene expression. NOT CHILD ABUSE.

The people claiming to be "cured" are still gay. They aren't changing the person inner feeling just their sexual conduct. There are plenty who have been "cured" only to later recant.

What such bs places such as the site you provide do is instill feeling of guilt and shame into homosexuals for feeling what they feel. Many groups such as The American Medical Association, The American Psychological Association, and The American Psychoanalytical Association agree such treatments are harmful.

But just for the sake of argument let's say being gay is unequivocally 100% percent by choice. Who the hell should have the right to take such a person choice away from someone? As a choice these would be people who made a person choice to have romantic feels for another of the same gender. Your saying just because some moldy old book says it's wrong then they should be treated with inequality.
If that's what your arguing then you can take your holier then thou cross and go sodomize yourself! I'm sick of this crap.
wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

It's about time our judiciary recognizes the Bill of Rights as part of the Constitution !
Federal judge Vaughn Walker overturns CA's Prop 8, NYDailyNews

Attorneys
agree with judge's ruling

Religion isn't on trial here, the individual rights of Americans are.

Possiblelnstability
Possiblelnstability
194 posts
Nomad

Okay, I'm starting to wonder, why is there even a thread on this? I mean, WEPR is usually about debating, when one can argue both sides of the story/idea, whatever it may be. However, that isn't possible here, because everyone who is not in support of this is wrong. Plain and simple. If you think that gays should not be allowed to marry, then you are wrong. So I propose we turn this thread from a "Why are Christians so ridiculously stupid" thread to a "Good job California, you're slightly better than all of the other states" thread.

yielee
yielee
618 posts
Shepherd

@MGM -

It's scientific that child abuse can cause you to choose homosexuality. Here's one article: prolonged and repeated abuse by a close male relative; blaming of same-sex desire on childhood sexual abuse. Anyway, like I said, the point is about experiences that cause people to choose homosexuality. So the constitution doesn't have anything to do about it, since choices are temporary. It's not like being born into a race. That's just a legal type of condition that's will reverse Prop 8 again.

@314d - "they probably just pretend" . LOL. C'mon. You are talking backwards against all those people who know that they've made the switch because it's just a choice. Look at MGM's comment. What was controversial about it was their methods, not their results. But that was a long time ago. They don't do it like that nowadays. If you're gay and you want to be straight, there are groups which are designed to help you get there.

They don't want you to know about these groups since they want you to believe it's caused by D&A. If they can get a genetic cause then they can get constitutional rights, and these groups which restore heterosexuality just stop them from doing that.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

@Yielee

You might want to read the report. It states that LESS THAN ONE IN THREE OF THOSE STUDIED WERE VICTIMS OF CHILDHOOD SEXUAL ABUSE

Sooo... how you explain the other 68% of those who engaged in sex with men? Also, this wasn't a study of true homosexuals, only men who engaged in sex with other men. I found nothing which showed if that was their preference, if they were bisexual, or the acts were the result of experimentation. Also, the subjects themselves were the ones to blame their same sex acts on the abuse they received as children, there is nothing conclusive in the study which would indicate that the cause was in fact the abuse itself.

RugRat
RugRat
340 posts
Nomad

For that last link, 87 is too small a number to take anything within it seriously.

And do I need to bring back the closet?

RugRat
RugRat
340 posts
Nomad

Ohhh, all of them were MSM..........doi : (

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Here's some REAL science links for you that indicate that homosexuality is predominately genetic.

A 1995 Genetic Homosexuality study with fruit flies

BYU Professor provides evidence that homosexuality is genetic

BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

If you're gay and you want to be straight, there are groups which are designed to help you get there.

And if you're gay and you want to be gay, then you can be gay, and get married to another gay.
No?

You make yourself sound more ignorant with each post you make, even Mage seems to give up on you :O
But I guess MRWalker is here now for the KO xD

The people claiming to be "cured" are still gay. They aren't changing the person inner feeling just their sexual conduct. There are plenty who have been "cured" only to later recant.

Exactly what I wanted to say, but this version is worded better.

So I propose we turn this thread from a "Why are Christians so ridiculously stupid" thread

Take out the 'Why' and put the 'are' after Christians instead...
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

It's scientific that child abuse can cause you to choose homosexuality. Here's one article: prolonged and repeated abuse by a close male relative; blaming of same-sex desire on childhood sexual abuse.

From your link.

A combined CSA prevalence of 32% (28/87) was found among the 3 samples, despite variation in geographic location, mean age, and [quote]sexual identification
.[/quote]

It's NOT saying homosexuality is the result of child abuse.

However here is a lecture using actual scientific literature.
Gay Gene? A Biological Explanation for Human Sexual Orientation
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

They don't want you to know about these groups since they want you to believe it's caused by D&A. If they can get a genetic cause then they can get constitutional rights, and these groups which restore heterosexuality just stop them from doing that.

As I said it shouldn't matter if it's the result of DNA or not!
yielee
yielee
618 posts
Shepherd

The point of gays trying to get it dependent on genetics is to raise up this lifestyle choice to the level of skin color. Then there's no problem with making laws to give them special rights, since skin color is already protected.

As it is, they can't make laws to protect one lifestyle choice and not the others. Think about obesity. That's also a lifestyle choice. If you think it doesn't matter, then we should we have a constitutional amendment for fat people, rebuilding sidewalks to make them wider, remaking cars to make them wider as well, making wider seats in movie theatres, building more elevators since the effort to move upstairs discriminates against heavier people, wider desks in school, and cheaper menus for fat people since they need to eat more they shouldn't have to pay more, oh, and you also have to support building wider public toilets to support their fat lazy butts, lol! Don't discriminate!

The point is there's just too much of lifestyles choices that will allow many groups to demand special rights, so that's why the legal door is shut to this, and why Prop 8 will be reversed again.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

The things you just mentioned HARM OTHERS by making them pay large sums for something THEY CAN CHANGE.

Homosexuality does NOT HARM OTHERS in any way, and the homosexuals Can't TRULY CHANGE.

Possiblelnstability
Possiblelnstability
194 posts
Nomad

The point is there's just too much of lifestyles choices that will allow many groups to demand special rights, so that's why the legal door is shut to this, and why Prop 8 will be reversed again.

Wait, hold up. Did you just argue "Gays should not be allowed to get married because fat people can't fit in regular seats"?
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

It's scientific that child abuse can cause you to choose homosexuality. Here's one article: prolonged and repeated abuse by a close male relative; blaming of same-sex desire on childhood sexual abuse. Anyway, like I said, the point is about experiences that cause people to choose homosexuality. So the constitution doesn't have anything to do about it, since choices are temporary. It's not like being born into a race. That's just a legal type of condition that's will reverse Prop 8 again.

To be honest, I hate using genetics as an argument to support gay rights. In fact, because it is a choice, that's all the more reason to give gays equal rights.

Even if homosexuality was caused by abuse, that doesn't mean homosexuality causes abuse.

The point is there's just too much of lifestyles choices that will allow many groups to demand special rights,

They are demanding equal rights.
Showing 61-75 of 98