ForumsWEPRCalifornia Prop 8 Overturned

98 18522
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

That's right folks, Proposition 8 - the ban on Gay marriage in California has been Overturned by a federal judge today:

Here's the Link

So - this could have potentially nationwide ramifications for Gay marriage and the banning thereof.

What are your views on the overturning? Do you think this could affect the rules on Gay marriage throughout the USA? Is this the breakdown of society and the coming of the end?

Personally - I think this is one of the best things that could ever have happened in California and it's effects on the whole of the USA could change the country forever.

• 98 Replies
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

There's no single gene that has caused Gayness, but they have a single environmental cause called kids being abused that's found in 30$% to 40%.

This is BS. This article is moot.

Indeed, there are many more cases of sexual abuse than there are cases of homosexuality. As one large study discussed in a 1997 issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association found, on average 12.8% of women and 4.3% of men recall being sexually abused.1 (How many do not recall it?)

According to Dr. James E. Soukup, author of a book which deals with several subjects including sexual abuse: "In one national study in 1985, 27 percent of the females interviewed and 16 percent of the males reported to have been sexually abused as children. Other studies indicate that these figures are too low. It is suggested that eighty percent of all sexual abuse is not reported."2

You can't take two numbers from completely different studies and combine the two, then call it a fact.

The author is trying to point that 12.8 percent of women are recorded to be sexually abused and 80 percent of victims don't recall being sexually abused. This is supposed to suggest that 12.8 percent of the recorded abused make up only 20 percent of the people who recall being sexually abused. If my calculations are correct, this author is suggesting that it's possible that 64% of women were sexually abused, and that only 12.8 percent of them report sexual abuse.

That right there should be enough to discredit the whole article, because it is suggesting nearly 2/3 of all women are sexually abused regardless of sexuality. Understand that both studies can not be combined because both studies likely worked with different numbers of people, different societies of people, used different definitions as to what "sexual abuse" is, and many other variables that do not match. In short, you need matching variables, and to compare the two as if they can relate is BS.

Whatever the true percentages are of male and female sex abuse victims, considering how high the suggested/reported numbers are compared to the percentage of the population that is homosexual (only 1%-2%), we can see that sexual abuse can theoretically account for every case of homosexuality.

Raise your hand if you know a homosexual who was not abused!

Look at these bastards making such bullsh*t claims.

This is the homepage of the article I got this information from. This organization is obviously VERY biased. They don't even consider research that actually was designed to pin point homosexuals and their effects on other people. They chose to pick bits and scraps of research and compiled it into one big fallacy. The pieces don't fit.

(This fact has been almost totally ignored by the biased, untrustworthy, dominant liberal media.)

Fuck these assholes. I stopped reading the webpage after this point. Hypocrisy is understandable, but there's a point when there's just no excuse.

Your telling lies, and this is the truth, you CAN TRULY CHANGE orientation - THOUSANDS OF TESTIMONIES:

These testimonies only explain changes in lifestyles, not sexual preference. I believe homosexuality is caused by nature and nurture. I have read many testimonies of people who "changed" their sexual orientation. Most people who "change" their orientation do so because they believe they are harming others or because they are guilty. This is unnatural.

I'm sure there are people who changed their orientation. I'm sure there are people who went from straight to gay and vice versa. You may be able to find testimonies of people who became straight, but I'm sure there are testimonies of those who became gay. Don't make me find them, I know they exist.

So if you got two gay couples and there adopting kids that makes 4 gay men. If there's a 1 in 3 chance that they got abused as a kid, then they'll abuse the adopted kid as well. That means 1 out of 2 gay couples will abuse kids according to those studies.

First, you need to prove that most homosexuals were abused. I debunked this speculation. There is no evidence.

Second, you need to prove that children with gay parents become gay themselves. There's no evidence that I am aware of that supports this claim. Watch this.

Third, and most importantly, you need to prove that most homosexuals are abusive. End of story.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

I have a question. Why is it everytime I make a point it is blatantly ignored?

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Most people who "change" their orientation do so because they believe they are harming others or because they are guilty. This is unnatural.

The thing with this is they aren't changing their sexual orientation just their sexual behavior, the feelings that have are still there, just repressed by guilt and fear.

I have a question. Why is it everytime I make a point it is blatantly ignored?

I think even if you got a reply you would have still been ignored.
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

Why is it everytime I make a point it is blatantly ignored?

Welcome to teh interwebz.

I think noname hit the bulls-eye. You said it very well
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer
DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

i actually loled pretty hard when they overturned prop 8 seems like the church is losing power?

AnaLoGMunKy
AnaLoGMunKy
1,574 posts
Blacksmith

There's no single gene that has caused Gayness, but they have a single environmental cause called kids being abused that's found in 30$% to 40%.

Hahahahahahaaaaaaahahahaaaaaaa.... oh dear... wait... lemme catch my breath. You mean you believe that? Oh dear...

Im pretty sure they have proven same sex attraction to be natural and widespread (across all life, not just humans). Sure there are lots of confused men who were abused as boys and gained an attraction to men, but then I truly think there are many gay people who just arent and many more straight people who would actually love it if they experemented with same sex sex.

Yielee... do you truly believe that homosexuallity has not ALWAYS been around??? Because from what you have said its scientific studies that show society is to blame for homosexuallity. (and please dont assume they are right, scientists are wrong all the time, and they can even all agree they are right and find out later their common knowledge was wrong)

I guess the greeks must have abused each other silly, cos they really did see any holes as a goal, be it human or otherwise. And the romans. And loads of ancient civ's.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

I would like to point out that until Christianity became widespread many cultures practiced homosexuality. It wasn't until the Dark Ages when the Church had a firm hold on all aspects of life that homosexuality was severely frowned upon. It is true that throughout history it has always been considered abnormal, but it was tolerated. In fact, some of the greatest minds were homosexual. Example: Da Vinci.

Showing 91-98 of 98