ForumsArt, Music, and WritingLiterature Fight!

402 63854
jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Yay for literature!

Teams: In this competition we will start with 2 teams of 8. Everyone will write about a subject. I will then judge each entry. When your team loses you vote off 2 people from your team.
Scoring: I judge on a scale from 1 to 10. After all scores are added up, the team with the lower score will lose. I will show all individual scores.
The Literature Games: Once 8 people are left in the competition, you fight 1v1v1v1, in a huge arena. I will give you a basic description of the arena, and then you write about killing all the competitors in the arena. You get to choose 1 weapon to start with. This is called the Literature Games (Yes like the hunger games.) One person will survive, then you fight the winner of the other Games.
The Finale: You fight 1v1 with special powers and again one weapon of choice. Both entries are mutated so that it takes very much to kill. You will have to write about that. You also have to write about training, which is 3 days long. Again you will fight in an arena, which will be given to you.

Note:[b] You will be given this information again when the round comes

[b]Note:
The whole thing is writing. No pictures, and by fighting to the death I mean writing about fighting to the death. By training I mean writing about training, etc.
I know pretty obvious, so don't ask about it.

Note: Each round can only be so long. I will wait for you to finish, but if you take too long you will automatically be eliminated. If you know you will take long, please notify me.

[i]Note: You will be given updates all throughout the competition by me, so please do not close your messenger.

Remember just 16 participants, 8 on each team.

• 402 Replies
XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

Well, I suppose if they cause the team to lose because of their absence, they should naturally be the first to get the boot.

true the ones who are on the loosing team who don't submit will be kicked. but do the ones on the winning team just luck out?
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I think the agreement was an average of scores... If I talked to FT correctly. Either that, or I just dreamed it.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I'm in, if there's room!

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Strop, Zoph, and Cen all write a bit too, but not all that much anymore.

I'm considered a veteran to the writer community and a tavern celebrity, YET YOU DON'T KNOW ME? D:

*cries*
THIS IS ANOTHER REASON I MUST BECOME A MOD.

But that will not happen when I am this fun.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I think the agreement was an average of scores... If I talked to FT correctly. Either that, or I just dreamed it.

So an average of scores for someone who does not submit would be...0.
We're talking about what to do with people who don't submit on the winning team.

I'm in, if there's room!

Considering we already started, I think it's full...you'll have to hit up on jdogg for confirmation though.
XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

We're talking about what to do with people who don't submit on the winning team.

i think if they don't enter but their team wins they should just stay in. theres nothing else to do
jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Deadline will be august 31st...sound good?

So an average of scores for someone who does not submit would be...0.

Those both sound good. They will not be out, but there scores will hurt there team and then they could be out.
Imma gonna writa comment to everyone who hasn't entered.
XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

Imma gonna writa comment to everyone who hasn't entered.

lol give them a stern talking to
jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

A stern talking to? I guess it hasn't occured to you that some contestants are writing their stories without the need to update others on their progress. Word by bloody word.

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

A stern talking to? I guess it hasn't occured to you that some contestants are writing their stories without the need to update others on their progress. Word by bloody word.

Hey, maybe i like to update others on my progress, that isn't a problem is it?
Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

Question about this average: Is it a total average of scores, or the average of the people who submitted?

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

It should be the average of those who submitted. Otherwise, the contest will be based around which team has the most submissions, instead of which team has the best submissions.

I also think that the winning team should have the option to boot non submitting players off in order to make room for other people who want to join, like Thoad.

Such is my advice.

wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

Here, here, I second Aknerd's suggestion and move that it goes to Jdogg for a ruling.

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Seeing as the deafline isn't for a while, I would say all thid worrying is unneeded.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

NO more chance of entering?

Showing 196-210 of 402