ForumsSupport Forumlocking your own form

17 4562
ikillnerds
ikillnerds
256 posts
Nomad

I think you should be able to lock or delet your own form.
This would help out because if you can, then if you put it in the wrong catigorie or something than you can lock or delete it.

• 17 Replies
psprockz
psprockz
214 posts
Nomad

well that is a moderators job that is why they lock and delete topics but you may be getting at somthing and i just can't see it.

Jikek
Jikek
1,186 posts
Nomad

that is a good suggestion. but if a bug were to occur no telling what could happeen ._.

turkishmaniaca
turkishmaniaca
155 posts
Nomad

I agree. What if a bug occured when a Moderator did it? Same consequences.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
922 posts
Scribe

I think locking it would be a good idea, but the deleting might not be too good. We don't want to start a riot! Of course mods are coming around the forums to lock every now and then, so they will get locked eventually.

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,192 posts
Herald

Yeah, I agree with you guys because that's the Mods job, so they can handle it, but then again they're not always on so this can be a good idea in some cases.

ikillnerds
ikillnerds
256 posts
Nomad

yah like i have posted a form in the wrong place and alot of ppl started posting and no mod locked it and those ppl got free AP witch was mostly spamers!

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,192 posts
Herald

Well, when a topic gets locked, it will eventually get deleted along with the points from the people posted there, so it doesn't matter if they spammed on your misplaced topic because they'll eventually lose those points.

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Its right for us to delete our OWN topics, not anyone else.

homegrove
homegrove
325 posts
Peasant

I concur, I think that would be a great idea if you could lock/delete a topic that YOU created, not some other person's topic.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

Do locked threads get deleted eventually? I havent seen this as of yet, and I would hope not because sometimes there are good threads that get locked because it is a dead topic or all has been said that can be said.

I suppose locking ones own thread could be a good idea, though deleting definitely is not a good idea. Someone could in theory make a great thread, get a lot of posts, and delete it, causing massive AP loss.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Locking/deleting a thread is one of the easiest things we do. It wouldn't help us really at all. Spam is our number 1 issue.

Yes, Dragon, spam topics that are locked will eventually get deleted. We do not lock dead topics, we just let them die.

Necrotic
Necrotic
195 posts
Nomad

Thats kind of a harsh way to put it, but it's right.

Knowing certain people here, if you could do that(deleting your own topics), there will probably be lots of topics that are made to just fill the forum up and make it harder to find useful topics, the people who post them wont care if it's spam because they could just delete them. Thats another thing, how will the mods be able to keep track of these spammers?

Navnlose
Navnlose
109 posts
Nomad

I think it would be a good idea to deleate are own topice and ONLY OUR topics because, for instence if you have started something and think it has gone far enough (its strayed away from the main part for instence) or a question has been awnsered then you can deleate it to get it off the forem to cut down the traffic, and make way for other topics

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Again, that is why we have mods. The topic issues are minimal and not even a concern.

ikillnerds
ikillnerds
256 posts
Nomad

O well I though it was a good idea.
Guess not, =[

Showing 1-15 of 17