ForumsSupport ForumMerit thought

71 16134
Strength
Strength
187 posts
Nomad

Hello,

Introduction:
The suggestion can be found below, under the bolded word "Suggestion." (creative?)

I was fiddling around on my profile page taking a look at my merits. Getting merits is not at the top of my list, but I wanted to throw out a tiny suggestion for them. Although I do not post/comment/ and rate for the sole reason of merits, I thought that I might be able to provide a decent addition to them.

As a note, I'd like to say that this post isn't about making merits easier to get or anything of the nature. It is soley an addition I think could improve merits.

Suggestion:

Okay, so here goes nothing!

My suggestion is to add a system into the merits that allow you to see the post/comment you got the merit, and possibly even the date/time of when you got it. In all, I think adding this system could improve feedback on how users get merits, and help them to gain merits in the future.

And you know what happens then? Less complaints to moderators! Yay!

Anyways, that's my suggestion, thanks for taking the time to read, and feel free to discuss!

• 71 Replies
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Okay, so here goes nothing!

My suggestion is to add a system into the merits that allow you to see the post/comment you got the merit, and possibly even the date/time of when you got it. In all, I think adding this system could improve feedback on how users get merits, and help them to gain merits in the future.

As was already pointed out, that feature is already available. When you get a merit AG sends an auto-email to your inbox. The time stamp on that email IS the time and date you got the merit, as well as a link to where you posted where the merit was given. Again, the comments which are awarded merits become big bold text so they are easy to find.

I did read your OP, thank you, and I was replying to it, as well as to the other comments made about merits on this thread, as well as expressing my consternation as to why it is always those who have no merits, nearly always very low post/comment counts, and are unknown in the community who seem to have the answers for everything under the sun, which they obviously know little to nothing about.
RegisterAccount
RegisterAccount
43 posts
Nomad

I have a question of my own, why did they remove the 'rate up' comment button? I would assume it was the reason more comments with merits were looked at in the first place.

Strength
Strength
187 posts
Nomad

I did read your OP, thank you, and I was replying to it, as well as to the other comments made about merits on this thread, as well as expressing my consternation as to why it is always those who have no merits, nearly always very low post/comment counts, and are unknown in the community who seem to have the answers for everything under the sun, which they obviously know little to nothing about

I'm under the impression that you think I know nothing about this topic, but you can't seem to be able to get the topic of this thread, so I'm a bit puzzled as to why you're flaming me for your lack of knowledge.

The idea of this topic is to have something on the AG site to check for merits so you don't have to go digging through pages of comments or your junk folder in your email.

And as I've said 20 times before, this is only an improvement and not an extremely pressing thing that needs to be added immediately. It is only something I think would improve the system and makes the lives of the moderators and those who are trying to get merits by the way of feedback.

Nowhere in any of my posts did I say: "Hey, I want more merits, so put this into the site."

Again, you must not have read anything, because you're just making assumptions.
Strength
Strength
187 posts
Nomad

I have a question of my own, why did they remove the 'rate up' comment button? I would assume it was the reason more comments with merits were looked at in the first place.

I'm not sure, but that would be helpful too. :P
k4th3r1n3
k4th3r1n3
195 posts
Farmer

Nowhere in any of my posts did I say: "Hey, I want more merits, so put this into the site."

Again, you must not have read anything, because you're just making assumptions.

I agree, there's no reason to be irritated with a suggestion for improvement when there's no whining over lack of merits. There's more than enough threads to cover whining. :P
Strength
Strength
187 posts
Nomad

I agree, there's no reason to be irritated with a suggestion for improvement when there's no whining over lack of merits. There's more than enough threads to cover whining. :P

Thanks for agreeing with me, I almost couldn't believe the lack of thought put into those posts. I really thought I had put things very clearly in the OP, maybe not clearly enough? Lol.

can i ever earn a merit?

Only if you are pro enough. :P
maddiee20
maddiee20
43 posts
Nomad

why has this game site turned into this *get merits* thing?... you should be here to play and enjoy games.. merit merit merit. BIG YAWN!!!!!

Strength
Strength
187 posts
Nomad

@maddiee20

Please read my OP thoroughly, you obviously didn't understand the point.

ExboMarker
ExboMarker
317 posts
Nomad

Personally when I write an in depth review of a game, you know the whole shi-bang there is a part inside of me saying "It would be great if this comment got a merit"

Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

its funny how all the mods have like 50 merits each.....

Strength
Strength
187 posts
Nomad

They most likely worked to get them, or else they would all just be gold kings.

Strength
Strength
187 posts
Nomad

Personally when I write an in depth review of a game, you know the whole shi-bang there is a part inside of me saying "It would be great if this comment got a merit"

Umm, what exactly do you mean by that? o.O
WexMajor82
WexMajor82
1,026 posts
Nomad

I am wondering if merit are still awarded for good comments on games.
I think not.

Strength
Strength
187 posts
Nomad

@WexMajor82

I would hope so, otherwise there wouldn't be much point in commenting.

ExboMarker
ExboMarker
317 posts
Nomad

Umm, what exactly do you mean by that? o.O

There are two types of comments. Comments that you can write in under a minute giving a brief summary of the game, and comments that give the whole run-down of what you liked and what you didn't, things that could be improved, and things that were great!

Now do you get what I meant by that?
Showing 31-45 of 71